Complete guide for installation of latest images,latest drivers and latest Barry allen on dm800 clones

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Complete guide for installation of latest images,latest drivers and latest Barry allen on dm800 clones
Prepared by mfaraj57-Tunisiasat

***This guide is not intended for beginners,just for whome have good knowlage in image installation and good usage of dcc program.
The method was tested by me and it was safe,but satuniverse neither me are not responsible for any harm to your dreambox

This is summury of what written in several posts in this site about the subject over the last month.

Procedure:

1- Put the dreambox in setup mode and flash it by recent image whatever bootloader built in.
***My advice is latest lean ozoon if you need barry allen and mutiboot functionality, other recent images if not,ozoon is better choice because it contains the usb drivers for easy installation of Barry allen***

2- After finishing the image installation and this is very important,do not shut down and reboot your dreambox,just enter dreambox ip into any internet explorer again and flash secondstage boot loader appropriate for your dreambox(this take less than 30 seconds).

3- Power off the dreambox and wait for 30 secs and power on again.

4- Configure your dreambox as usual and if you see tuner hardware failure message,just ignore it and continue configuring network.
** if you check tuner confgiuration,you will find no tuner available,do not worry about that**

5- shut down your dreambox again and unplug power and wait for 30 secs and plug power again.

6- download latest driver modules and by dcc- upload packages install them to dreambox

7- by DCC-FTP replace the files bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko in /lib/modules/ 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra by the modified files.

**warning: for dreambox support 68 bootloader,do not replace the file which for card reader() it will not work and will hange the dreambox at intial reboot,only replace the file for tuner(),for dreambox with BL 70 and above replace both files***

8- Reboot your dreambox as usual,now your dreambox has recent image and recent drivers with full functionality as original

9- If you want to install Barry allen continue to the next step,else leave this subject and enjoy your dreambox

10- Install the latest patched Barry allen by dcc-load packages.

11- reboot your dreambox and now Barry allen is functioning and barry allen mutliboot manager menu will appear.
***if you install other images than ozoon in flash then you have to do the above steps again to make barry allen appears,so i am strongly recommond latest lean ozoon in flash if you intend to use Barry allen**

*****END****​

Last edited:

humaxdriver

Registered
Hi mfaraj57 thank you very much for this guide,I am using nabilo pureflash with Barryallen 4.8.23 and 8 images in flashusb, may I upgrade barryallen 4.8.23 with 5.011 without erasing my images in flashusb or this barryallen version 5.0.11 needs installing from begining.Thanks.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
ٍsorry this phrase should be
**warning: for dreambox support 68 bootloader,do not replace the file which for card reader(stb-core.ko) it will not work and will hange the dreambox at intial reboot,only replace the file for tuner(bcm7401.ko),for dreambox with BL 70 and above replace both files***

just i forgot to mention the name of files

Last edited:

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi mfaraj57 thank you very much for this guide,I am using nabilo pureflash with Barryallen 4.8.23 and 8 images in flashusb, may I upgrade barryallen 4.8.23 with 5.011 without erasing my images in flashusb or this barryallen version 5.0.11 needs installing from begining.Thanks.

Hi i think they will stay in usb,but better to take backup from them by current barry allen

fced

Registered
This procedure don't work for my on dm800 clone ss72 (the one with fan inside)... I tried, 5.08, 5.011, and 5.07 present on another post...
Each time i install barryallen, it work, and i can see it after enigma reboot,
but after that, i shutdown the box, and boot it with front button pushed to install secondstage 72...
after installation of secondstage the box boot, and the barryallen plugin have disappeared from plugin panel...
Strange thing : i can see it when i go in the REMOVE panel, so i can remove Barryallen from plugin panel, but it's not present in Plugin panel...

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi fced
why you install secondstage 72 after installing barry allen,just re-install with flash image and barry allen will appear again but before do no remove it from plungin removal list

fced

Registered
thanks for answer Mfaraj
i reinstall secondstage, because i'm trying to install barryallen on an original nabilosat BH011 image wich include secondstage 73 (my dm800 support only ss72) so when i reboot after barryallen install for reflash the image, i need also reflash secondstage 72...

fced

Registered
it's ok, now...
i have got your version of barryallen 5.0.11
i have modified the file postinst in barryallen 5.0.11.ipk i used for this 7zip and notepad (click Edit in 7zip the doc will open in notepad, modify and click save), if you do this with wordpad - you will not be capable to save the file...

i removed the dm800 check lines - the "if" and the "then" lines in :enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_5.0.11-patched-by-mfaraj57_mipsel\.\control.tar.gz\control.tar\.\postinst

Here are the lines i removed...

Code:
if grep -qs BCM /proc/cpuinfo ; then
   if grep -qs 7401 /proc/cpuinfo ; then
      BOXTYPE=dm800
      SECONDSTAGEVERSION=72
   else
      BOXTYPE=dm8000
      SECONDSTAGEVERSION=72
   fi
fi
cp /media/ba/bin/fat.ko.$BOXTYPE /media/ba/bin/fat.ko > /dev/null 2>&1                                                                                    SECONDSTAGEVERSION=73
cp /media/ba/bin/vfat.ko.$BOXTYPE /media/ba/bin/vfat.ko > /dev/null 2>&1                                                                    SECONDSTAGEVERSION=72

After this, during the ipkg install barryallen.ipk,
i gone quickly to ftp (in dcc) /tmp to remove preinst file...
in /tmp during installation of barryallen, there is an new folder (don't remember the name of the folder) and inside this folder you will found the 3 or 4 files ( control, postinst, preinst, postrm) remove "preinst" file....

when barryallen, will end the install, reboot your box as usual, and you will found barryallen in plugin panel... (without flashing your image again)

ps : i'm not sure we need to modify the postinst file, i don't have tried to reboot without removing this lines... in older version of barryallen, removing the preinst from /tmp folder was suffisant...

may be those versions (5.011, 5.07, ..) , need only removing preinst file without editing postinst file...
if someone want to try and tell us...

Last edited:

Archa87

Registered
I have a bl72 clone and there was preinstalled Gemini 4.40. I was able to use original drivers up to 20.07.2009.
Then I tried many other images but returned back to Gemini.
And now I have a problem. When I use original drivers higher than 03.06.2009, I always get error "Hardware could not be verified" and subtitles are not working with them.
Any ideas why original drivers from 20.07.2009 are not working now and I've got this error ?

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi fced
good work and observations
editing postinst file doesnot cause effect
deleting preinst file during barry allen installation give good installation of barry allen and will not disappear after first reboot
i delete the preinst file from the package and i succesfully installed barry allen 5.0.11 patched and barry allen did not disappear after first reboot but the probelm that the previously installed images in usb didnot appear and you should start from begining to install images and apply settings
but the most important thing we can conlude that there is part in preinst file causing barry allen to disappear after first reboot,we have to search for that and delete it from preinst file instead of deleting file completely
thanks agian

mfaraj57

Super VIP
thanks for answer Mfaraj
i reinstall secondstage, because i'm trying to install barryallen on an original nabilosat BH011 image wich include secondstage 73 (my dm800 support only ss72) so when i reboot after barryallen install for reflash the image, i need also reflash secondstage 72...
you can use one of the images patched for bootloader 72

mfaraj57

Super VIP
I have a bl72 clone and there was preinstalled Gemini 4.40. I was able to use original drivers up to 20.07.2009.
Then I tried many other images but returned back to Gemini.
And now I have a problem. When I use original drivers higher than 03.06.2009, I always get error "Hardware could not be verified" and subtitles are not working with them.
Any ideas why original drivers from 20.07.2009 are not working now and I've got this error ?
Hi
we could not use recent drivers on clone because some drivers check for bootloader and give this error,so to correct the problem you have to replace tuner and cardreader drivers files as shown by steps above.

sumu

Registered
The new drivers do not work because you are the old patch driver Instaling.Sorry for my bad Englisch.

humaxdriver

Registered
Even for me all your barryallen patched from you not working in oozoon lean image 03octt09 with drivers 03.10.09.I tried with telnet and it recognize only original barryallen not modified .Do I need drivers for bootloader 72 or it can work even with leatest drivers.Can you explain me which image can use and drivers date.Thanks.

u.s

Registered
thank you for your guide.

but i have to say that you need to install bootloader 74 and then the drivers,

doing it the way you show, if you look at dcc it will say it has installed the drivers but if you check the telnet log in dcc it will say something like cannot install drivers because secondstage 74 not installed.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Even for me all your barryallen patched from you not working in oozoon lean image 03octt09 with drivers 03.10.09.I tried with telnet and it recognize only original barryallen not modified .Do I need drivers for bootloader 72 or it can work even with leatest drivers.Can you explain me which image can use and drivers date.Thanks.

Hi
all worked with me
try latest barry allen 5.0.12
see this post
http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=475852&postcount=19

mfaraj57

Super VIP
thank you for your guide.

but i have to say that you need to install bootloader 74 and then the drivers,

doing it the way you show, if you look at dcc it will say it has installed the drivers but if you check the telnet log in dcc it will say something like cannot install drivers because secondstage 74 not installed.
Hi
no need to install BL74
You can install unmodified recent drivers to your dreambox by dcc successfully but you will end with hardware and tuner failure,so you have to replace tuner or card reader driver files to avoid these problems

sumu

Registered
Hi
no need to install BL74
You can install unmodified recent drivers to your dreambox by dcc successfully but you will end with hardware and tuner failure,so you have to replace tuner or card reader driver files to avoid these problems

The new drivers do not work on clone!!

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Sumu
more details..
did you get error by dcc telnet
or drivers did not fix dreambox problems
what your flash image