Latest Barry allen for dm800 clone

satfoot

Registered
Hi. If I use lean ozoon in flash on dm800 with sim2.0.1 with patched Barry allen 5.1.14,
what Images can I put in multiboot?

satfoot

Registered
I am only confused about this because I often read something like this:-

Do not use images in multiboot with different kernel versions. This may cause the malfunction of your whole dream.
For example, do not use the latest OzOon images with Nabilo, LS, Gemini or NewEnigma. Ozoon latest images include a different kernel and are incompatible.

Will greatly appreciate some more clarifications.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i use images with meoboot and i have original images on my usb stick nabilo 12 etc, my bootloader is #72, your dreambox always boots from the drivers within the flash image.

cdr

Registered
if you got a original box yes you can use any IMAGE...if you got a clone you can't use any IMAGE

satfoot

Registered
if you got a original box yes you can use any IMAGE...if you got a clone you can't use any IMAGE

You must surely be referring to Images installed in Flash and not in Multiboot. My question was about the compatibility of Multiboot Images with a different kernel version than that in the Flash Image.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i am using patched DreamElite in my flash, and all the images on the usb stick are not patched.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You must surely be referring to Images installed in Flash and not in Multiboot. My question was about the compatibility of Multiboot Images with a different kernel version than that in the Flash Image.

If you have a image in your flash with the 1.5 kernel and you then try a image with 1.6 in multiboot it will not work. Kernels have to match or youll have multiple error and the image in multiboot may not even load.

Ferret

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yes i have just tried an image with new kernel the image installs ok but it locks up on bootup, so we will have to wait for a new patch for the new kernel images.

satfoot

Registered
I wish to install either Dream Elite with Meoboot in Flash and Gemini 4.70 in Multiboot on a Box with Sim 201. Or maybe Lean Oozoon in flash with BA 5.1.14 and Gemini 4.70 in Multiboot. Are those two options possible?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you will be fine with meoboot, and gemini 4.70 on your stick just stay away from images with the new kernel :thum:.

satfoot

Registered
Problem is the Dream Elite for sim 201 available on the forum seems to have the new OE 1.6. And that was why I got puzzled about the different kernel versions.

Last edited:

satfoot

Registered
Problem is the Dream Elite for sim 201 available on the forum seems to have the new OE 1.6. And that was why I got puzzled about the different kernel versions.

Thanks Brummie for posting different kernel version.

mfaraj57

Super VIP
what,s Ferret said about dreamelite 1.6 in multiboot and old kernel 1.5 image in flash is true and this is what written in the documentation of the dreamelite 1.6 image
but practically i am using ozoon 1.5 kernel in flash and dreamelite 1.6 working very nice in multiboot
however what is definite ,do not use image with kernel 1.6 in flash and old kernel images in multiboot
regarding the patched dreamelite 1.6 for sim2.0.1 it is fake and actually contains old kernel 1.5 and better to use dreamelite 12 1.5 kerenl

humaxdriver

Registered
Hi I tried to install ba 5.0.18 patched which I used before and working well and booting faster but during installation it searching for new barryallen verion 5.0.35 on server and it gaves me errors,any sugestion for any version barryallen which is working with ss#72 and booting faster, I install ba 5.035 patched but it needs 20 or more minits to boot and it's to much time to wait.I will apreceate your help.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You could always go back to 5.1.4 no clone chaeck with that one.

Never tried this but disconnect for the Internet while you load BA.

Ferret

humaxdriver

Registered
Hi thanks for reply you means 5.0.4 or 5.1.4 because as I know ba 5.1 and up are for new kernel oe 1.6 enigma is it right ?

mfaraj57

Super VIP
hi
unpatched 5.1.4 working with old kernel <1.6 without problem and very stable(this is from my and other experience with this barry allen version)
for new kernel 1.6 i advice 5.1.14-patched it is stable(installed and worked successfully with dreamelite 1.24 OE1.6-sim201 in flash) and it works also with old kernels but better to use with old kenerl unpatched 5.1.4 or patched 4.0.35
disconnet from internet because barry allen try during installation to upgrade itself to last unpatched version

humaxdriver

Registered
Hi yesterday I insall the least original version BA 4.8.14 which support SS#72 and woking good and faster in booting with nabilo BH v12 and dreamelite in multiboot, I did't make backup because I did't have time , I will make and I will test first if it's working I will post.