cccam 0e2 image

ararat

Nothing special about OE2.0 at the moment, but maybe interesting news to some, who want to update Win7 to Win8 (I will next wednesday or thursday).

Report on DMM manufacturer´s board from 2 hours ago:

Dreambox Edit Windows 8

problem was:
IP test worked o.k. and connection with dreambox got confirmed, but Dreambox Edit crashed when user tried to read settings from dreambox or to write settings to it.

No need to panic, yet because only one report up to now - but better keep this in mind in case you want to try win8.

Have a nice weekend, all:)

ararat

Additional download, if you want to play back bought scrambled DVDs (not Blurays) on Dreambox 8000.

Unzip the correct OE1.6 or OE2.0 File for your firmware
Ftp the ipk-file to folder
/media/hdd
on your dreambox
install with
dreambox menu/settings/software/local install/ harddisk

libdvdcss2
For OE1.6 firmware (mipsel.ipk)
For OE2.0 firmware (mips32el.ipk)

Last edited:

ararat

There is not a new firmware at the moment, yet, but there are some online updates for oe2 (with fixes e.g. on autotimer) available.
On manufacturers firmware download website still only 2012-10-11 firmware is latest.

cdr

Registered
no epg for 02 sky it yet from DMM??
they take there time LOL...the V+ get better by the day HA ha

ararat

Yes:rolleyes:, cdr:).
They really keep people waiting ...

But there´s no new "tarball" on the box - still 2012-09-24.
As long as tarball doesn´t get updated,
the new,fixed epgrefresh plugin, if installed, won´t be able to download epg data.

ararat

Still no new firmware,
but I just read s.th. on manufacturers´s board that may be interesting

only for those dreambox users encountering sporadic network access problems of the following kind:

Your dreambox is able to access network:thum: (Install firmware, download updates, etc.)

but sometimes
you can´t access your dreambox from your pc/mac:cry22: (neither with WebIf, nor Telnet or Ping)

This phenomenon was reported by a few users.
Until this problem will be fixed, you can just
help yourself by doing a restart of your network connection (LAN/WLAN) in Settings/System/Network of your dreambox
.​

lt707

Registered
Really i don't get it. I just don't understand.
Here we are waiting for a better OE 2.0, and DMM gives us a new OE 1.6 - 3.2.4. version.:mad:
Can someone explain this?

ararat

That´s normal, lt707:).

Only remember how late Service Pack 3 for Windows XP was released, although new Windows Vista (RELEASE) version was on the market (XP SP3 released in April 2008 - when VISTA was 1 1/2 year old and windows7 close ahead - released end of 2008).
(Timeline MS Windows versions.)

There´s a big difference between MS Windows and Dreambox firmware, though.
Dreambox oe2 Alpha images even are no official firmware,yet,
but oe1.6 Release is.
And there´s another difference to MS Windows. When you buy a pc with Windows Vista and later want Windows 7, you have to pay for update - but changing to oe2 will be free of costs.

Using oe2 is rather comparable to the use of MS Windows 8 before it was sold on the market (Beta testing).
It´s a voluntary thing - nobody needs to use it. Oe1.6 works fine and oe.2 is only for those who either can´t wait for HBBTV , bluray, etc. support or who like contributing to development.

Being official firmware, oe1.6 still gets fixed, if necessary. There will only be no new functions built into oe1.6 firmware.
Dream Multimedia months ago already pronounced they wanted to add a new oe1.6 release. I´m not surprised.

-------
Maybe the fixes for new oe1.6 often didn´t even cost extra development time (stolen from oe2 development time)?

Imagine both firmwares to have same problems. E.g.,
oe1.6 problems: #1, #2, #3, #4
oe2.0 problems: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 ..., #24, #25

If they fix problems #1, #2, #3, #4 (and in many cases they can use fixes for both oe1.6 and oe2 as well - same way as you can use Windows software for Win XP, Vista, Win7 or Win8), then they fixed all necessary for a new oe1.6 release firmware, but not enough for a oe2 release.
Then you simply get fixes #1, #2, #3, #4 for oe2 as downloadable online updates - not as new firmware.
-------

But I know, waiting for crossepg support must be hard:rolleyes:, if you urgently need it.
I myself don´t need crossepg (using unicable lnb on ASTRA 19.2 E only), but I think DMM should hurry to get a solution for all dreambox owners who do. That´s one of the most urgent features to get fixed, I think.

Last edited:

lt707

Registered
Ehehehe
Always easy with you. Good.:D
In fact i was just asking because EPG. You know epg.dat is ready, only waiting from DMM.
But let's wait and keep on going :)

Regards

lt707

Registered
Hi...
New update but but there´s no new tarball on the box.
Still the same from 12-09-24.
Let's keep on rolling

ararat

Yes, lt707:).

New CVS experimental firmware 2012-11-08 available!

Was released this afternoon.

I´m really curious, when next tarball will be available for download, but they don´t answer on this question.:rolleyes:
Sometimes it may look as if they weren´t doing anything, but from time to time they upload fixes in "Dreambox git".
They were not lazy all the time.:thum:

ararat

Good to hear:thum:.
I watched DMM-, IHAD-, Merlin- board and dreamboxupdate page nearly daily the last months and for release they chose one of the few days, when I was too busy ... :lol:.

At least all users who need cross-epg got their "christmas present" now:).

REMARK:
Those of you who downloaded and perhaps installed cross-epg from this thread in October this year,

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=964317&postcount=215

needn´t download or install it again - it´s the same file as in kiliantv´s link above.
(only difference - ZIP instead of RAR package)

Last edited:

kiliantv

Super VIP
New CVS experimental firmware 2012-12-08 available!

And the Changlog:

- epgcache

- some fixes and changes to allow import of external data

- add possibility to set the cache time span to 7, 14, 21, 28 days (only works for on air epg data!)

- Hbbtv/Browser - fixed "last Service" being restored even if there was no stream playing anymore when closing the hbbtv browser

- fixed memory leak

- don't use the MoviePlayer anymore, videos are now properly handled

- disabled extensive Cookie-Debug

- some internal hbbtv improvements and fixes

- added possibility to save the running stream to disk by pressing the record button

- added "Downloads" to extension menu

- added seek and setVolume hbbtv functionalities

- subtitles

- added support for multi colored texts on same row

- added possibility to render text based subtitles on top of a black box and enabled it by default

the old "drop-shadow" option can be re-enabled in usage setup

- fixed teletext subtitle positioning a bit

- fixed broken dvb subtitles on 70W (workaround for broken broadcast)

- fixed delayed blanking out of DVB subtitles

- UPnP/DLNA

- added a simple coherence based mediastore that provides tv/radio bouquets,

see demoplugins-upnpmediaserverdemo

- improved UPnPMediaRenderer Demo

- added dynamic buffer handling to improve recording stability

- allow non DVB services in bouquets (non TS based IPTV/Radio services)

- fixed broken tuner close handling for linked tuners

- fixed possible endless loop in satellite blind scan

- satellite position servicelist filtering speedup

- small CI fix on capmt change

- updated epg text encoding.conf (thx to martiniB)

- added support for hebrew/persian/farsi epg

ararat

bit late, but

New CVS experimental firmware 2012-12-10 available!

Changelog:

- fixed recording crashes on some MPEG2 services since 20121208 tarball (e.g. RTL)

- fixed workaround for dvb subtitles on 70W

- fixed segfaults with empty channellists (on restore service lists)

- more robust handling for corrupted epg data from externel sources (e.g. crossepg)

fethi sabri

Registered
hello my freind mister ararat , i hope that you're well , this new firmware is so big 57.2M that the olds 56.6 M , so we hope that isn't a problem for the stability of image , i'am seraching for a most stable firmware for my DM 500 HD with CCcam 2.3.0 , and why there is a problem of plugin mytube on CVS experimental+ GP3 ?!! green screen after instalation + there is a problem of the name of channels on channels list because there names don't appear completly on my tv ( tv simple not hd ) Although i tried all solution on my AV-settings menu ...

ararat

Hello friend, fethi sabri:)

Problems on your box could have come for many many reasons. I won´t write a long list, because we are here in Dreambox 8000 (only) chat (not 500HD)

But I would recommend you to best do a clean new install (sounds worse than it is).
Perhaps you try this Merlin 3 oe2 image for 500HD (It´s not for dreambox 8000)
This firmware is based on latest CVS experimental OE2.0 2012-12.10 and it´s only 48.4 MB and supports you with easy way of softcam support (without GP3 plugin).
But to get this support, you first need to install the Merlin camfeed (file attached below) after you flashed the image above.

(Same procedure as with GP3 camfeed: Unzip and FTP-transfer the mips32el.ipk camfeed-file to root folder / (flash) of your box. Then in dreambvox menu´s Softwaremanager choose "local install" - select "from flash" - with your camfeed-file checkmarked press green button for install.)

Restart your box.
- Now you can download and install cams with Merlin´s Addon Manager (Menu/Extensions/AddonManager). After online download and installation of a cam (CCcam/SCAM, whatever) restart your box.
- Then Merlin´s CamManager "DreamCC" (to be found under "Extensions") allows you to choose and start CCcam or different cam - which ever you installed.

DON´T restore your old settings (they may have been the reason for your 500HD´s problems)!
Use the install wizzard of your dreambox and your remote control, only, to setup your box.
Do a complete new channel search.
You may afterwards without risk restore your radio and tv bouquets (only), if you stored them e.g. with DreamboxEdit/ DCCe2/ iDreamX - but DON´T let your backup program restore any xml-files (like "Satllite.xml") or file "lamedb".

Then install and setup your plugins, but don´t install GP3 if you don´t urgently need it*!
Have a look first, what plugins came installed with Merlin3 oe2, already and only add a few plugins of your own choice (like MyTube).

If you do it all as mentioned above, your box should run stable if it there isn´t a hardware problem.

(*Merlin supplies almost all you need. If for some rare reason you urgently need GP3 plugin, it´s possible to install it on Merlin3, but then some Merlin components should be deinstalled first. If not, you will have some functions twice on your box. But that´s too much explanation for now.)

Last edited: