Best Picture Quality : What reciever ?

apfolmer

Donating Member
Currently not happy with my Vu+Duo and PQ on most channels.

(Other thread is started about this issue).

What sat box is delivering BETTER / Best picture quality compared to Vu+Duo ?

I am running with Megasat Diavolo Monoblock HDTV Quad LNB
(dont guess this will effect quality)

Im not interested in ANY compromise in quality, and im very close to order ip-tv again, as my sat equipmet is NOT satisfying :( ...

RimaNTSS

Registered
Is PQ equally bad on all channels? Actually PQ depends on bitrate. Maybe you are watching channels with very low bitrate. Did you try any HD channel? Changing of receiver's image also can help to improve PQ. IMHO ip-tv can not be better than SAT tv.

The amico boxes have sti chipsets and have very good pq even is the software is unstable...

Last edited:

veskop

Registered
Currently not happy with my Vu+Duo and PQ on most channels.

(Other thread is started about this issue).

What sat box is delivering BETTER / Best picture quality compared to Vu+Duo ?

I am running with Megasat Diavolo Monoblock HDTV Quad LNB
(dont guess this will effect quality)

Im not interested in ANY compromise in quality, and im very close to order ip-tv again, as my sat equipmet is NOT satisfying :( ...
My Favorites:
1.Ipbox 9000
2.All Xtrend boxes
3.Azbox ME/MiniMe

mans PX?

Registered
are no best, are only favorite.
all depends from TV channel - how good quality be.
tv channel with 480x576 will be worse then tv channel with 720x576, but 720x576 is not compered with full HD 1920x1088
(full hd you can taste with all HD receivers, getting the same maximum quality.
and all LNB gives tv channel maximum quality , not matter SD or HD channel,,,
:scram:

rizwanawan

Registered
Vu+ and DM 800HD are best in this field, I think your setting have some problem, like wrong setting in your A/v of STB or may be some faulty connection wires to TV/ LCD, May be very cheap typr HDMI cable :(

ig0r

Administrator
are no best, are only favorite.
all depends from TV channel - how good quality be.
tv channel with 480x576 will be worse then tv channel with 720x576, but 720x576 is not compered with full HD 1920x1088
(full hd you can taste with all HD receivers, getting the same maximum quality.
and all LNB gives tv channel maximum quality , not matter SD or HD channel,,,
:scram:
No sure that you right!
Need test all that say smth :)

What about me (for example) :
I test:
Amiko 8900, globo 403, globo 9500(my parents), vu+ uno, vu+ solo (i have at home), DM 800 and may be some another, but for different TV (its too very important).
So my list is next:
1. globo 9500
2. VU+
2.5. DM
3. All another
That i can say STi proc. by globo 9500 give a very cool picture on SD and HD channels. MIPS proc. give slightly worse picture :nana:

p.s. IMPORTANT: see picture on SD channels :) HD in most receivers give a good quality

mans PX?

Registered
about receivers what i have tested, give the same result :) (for sd receivers was important cable what goes in TV - if you are using scart cable you get better quality then using Audio Video AV Cable )
But about HD tv channels (HD receivers) important was Television, I tested on sony bravia Fox sport HD / ORF HD/ Trace sport channels, then on new samsung smart tv, you know, woooow, in samsung tv channels had so good picture on all tested receivers, but on bravia sony not so good picture..., I think most important for great quality is televison it self then receiver/autput cable , what you think?

rizwanawan

Registered
about receivers what i have tested, give the same result :) (for sd receivers was important cable what goes in TV - if you are using scart cable you get better quality then using Audio Video AV Cable )
But about HD tv channels (HD receivers) important was Television, I tested on sony bravia Fox sport HD / ORF HD/ Trace sport channels, then on new samsung smart tv, you know, woooow, in samsung tv channels had so good picture on all tested receivers, but on bravia sony not so good picture..., I think most important for great quality is televison it self then receiver/autput cable , what you think?

I agree with that, I have Samsung LED :)

mans PX?

Registered
satellite friends, have someone tested Hustler 3D with 3D glasses (on televisions what is designed for 3D movies or channels) ? :D
:catdrinkbeer::001dancer::billgatez_e0:

Celtic

Registered
I find the vu+ range provides excellent picture quality but i use blackhole images and beleive it or not this will make a difference on what flavour of software you use on how good the picture quality will be..dont get why anyone would not be happy with the vu range tbh as i believe they are the best boxes out there that money can buy on every level!

Also some providers have better bit rate picture quality than others...polsat hd for instance is probably the best hd quality i have seen so far.

mans PX?

Registered
best what i have seen is FOX HD sport at 30w
and when was olympic games 22 or 24 tv channels broadcasted in FTA full HD at 28E, they was the best :)

hz14

Registered
Ok This is my reply for everyone looking for a good picture.
I have tried many receivers, but clark tech stands out. They produce sharp pictures (against most receivers soft image). You can see this by looking at the text on SD source, unbelieveable focus. This will impact HD sharpness too. Of course colours and other aspects of the image also outstanding.

My receiver is ClarkTech HD3100.

Taufiq

Registered
a VU set-box connected to an LED 1920x1080 ppi via HDMI cable would give you the best picture ever, assuming that the original transmission of the sat channel is DVB S2 - full HD stream. You don't have to change your receiver, check other hardware.

Last edited:

marsscars

Banned
I've only used DirecTV's DVR and currently using HD-DVR Dual Tuner from Dish. I'm much more satisfied with Dish though.