VU Duo, are you happy with it?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Loving mine so far the HD picture is out of this world even when comparing it to my 800.

Trying all sorts of combinations but for multibooting 8000 images with the VTI image and BA ive found them unstable. I guess BA needs some tweaks and maybe the VU drivers before we can reliably boot those.

Ferret

Yurek99

Registered
I'm considering this box, but before I make commitment, can someone review Blind Scan functionality please. How it compares to others with speed and acurancy (Coolsat 5000 for example)?How is dealing with low SR (below 2000). How is handling DVB-S2?
Thanks

Yurek

hakkers1977

Registered
VU+ Duo an AAAAAA++++ reciver

I'm considering this box, but before I make commitment, can someone review Blind Scan functionality please. How it compares to others with speed and acurancy (Coolsat 5000 for example)?How is dealing with low SR (below 2000). How is handling DVB-S2?
Thanks

Yurek

dude! for the last couple of months ive managed to try an azbox hd premium+ and an octagon sf1018 HUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to send them back they where a joke of a Linux receiver but Ive had this box for four days now with pli image, i think its the most stable one so far and it has a lot of support too, the blind scan is brilliant very powerful tuners considering the there design for example we all know the signal problems with eutelsat16 lately yeah! the box is able to store channels with less than 25% signal thats how good the tuners are i know test that scanning takes a Little longer on network scan but it sweeps the transponder completely, currently recording four channels time shifting one and watching another m8 without any problem at all apart from a Little speed deterioration but I'm only doing so for test and its passing it with flying colors, the CPU is well able for it, i just hope that someone manage to modify the DM8000 nabilo images for this box because i think its well worth doing so as for the price i mean this is a bargain for the specs and the reliability this is a DM8000 without the fuss and the extra two tuner, i don't want to make it sound like this box is a DM8000 clone cause its not i give the supporting team for this box all the credit they diserve for the great job managing to run enigma on it legally with there own drivers i think that this box is going to be the in the dream multimedia throat lets wait and see what the coming builds bring us, just go for it m8.

Last edited:

pback

Registered
@hakkers1977
This is the first time that I've heard from someone that blindscan is working, good stuff! Can you confirm 4:2:2 is working as well please? These two features are must haves for me and high bitrate viewing/recording is another thing, thanks!

hakkers1977

Registered
@hakkers1977
This is the first time that I've heard from someone that blind scan is working, good stuff! Can you confirm is working as well please? These two features are must haves for me and high bitrate viewing/recording is another thing, thanks!

dude! when u mention the 4:2:2 is working i know that Ur looking for feeds and there is a lot of them in this hd format and yes its working but this as long as u do Ur own satellite scan, it took me four and a half hours to set up and scan 17 satellite from 42e to 30w make Ur self a big pot of tea and a lot a popcorn, i find it fun to do these things i don't mind since I'm in a recovery process from surgery and as i said when it comes to recording I was able to record two hd channels from one transponder and two sd from another wile watching the fifth one without problem, one more thing! stay away from third party skins unless they have the necessary fix to work with the image u have installed vti have Reilly good skins with there own picons and fixes there latest image include the vti panel like the dm 800 8000 images but it still in German even with English Lang selected, respect these few things and u will sit back and enjoy a dm8000 like box for half the price and a big smile on Ur face.:):):):):):):):):):):)

pback

Registered
Thanks hakker, appreciate your feedback.......have a speedy recovery and hope all is well.

manikm

Registered
dude! for the last couple of months ive managed to try an azbox hd premium+ and an octagon sf1018 HUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to send them back they where a joke of a Linux receiver but Ive had this box for four days now with pli image, i think its the most stable one so far and it has a lot of support too, the blind scan is brilliant very powerful tuners considering the there design for example we all know the signal problems with eutelsat16 lately yeah! the box is able to store channels with less than 25% signal thats how good the tuners are i know test that scanning takes a Little longer on network scan but it sweeps the transponder completely, currently recording four channels time shifting one and watching another m8 without any problem at all apart from a Little speed deterioration but I'm only doing so for test and its passing it with flying colors, the CPU is well able for it, i just hope that someone manage to modify the DM8000 nabilo images for this box because i think its well worth doing so as for the price i mean this is a bargain for the specs and the reliability this is a DM8000 without the fuss and the extra two tuner, i don't want to make it sound like this box is a DM8000 clone cause its not i give the supporting team for this box all the credit they diserve for the great job managing to run enigma on it legally with there own drivers i think that this box is going to be the in the dream multimedia throat lets wait and see what the coming builds bring us, just go for it m8.

Hiya mate, are you sure the VU+ DUO does 4:2:2?

Im hearing conflicting opinions.

4:2:2 is quite rare, and different to a lot of feeds that are classed as 4:2:0.

Up until now, only the AZBOX, and QUALI HD 1080 box, and PC STB cards are capabale of decoding 4:2:2 feeds.

The Quali could not do HD feeds, but the AZBOX can.

Many thanks !

Manik!

stauffie

Registered
Hiya mate, are you sure the VU+ DUO does 4:2:2?

Im hearing conflicting opinions.

4:2:2 is quite rare, and different to a lot of feeds that are classed as 4:2:0.

Up until now, only the AZBOX, and QUALI HD 1080 box, and PC STB cards are capabale of decoding 4:2:2 feeds.

The Quali could not do HD feeds, but the AZBOX can.

Many thanks !

Manik!

hhoooo AZ box great thing :D

Is that that manufacturer that ordering boxes back????????

PAUL7331

Registered
Yes on HD it is on SD similar but i suspect that could be tweaked .

Ferret

Part of me wishes I should have got this box now! :mad:

But then again buying a dm800 is/was an ideal way to get me involved in this hobby, so cant really complain!

hakkers1977

Registered
Part of me wishes I should have got this box now! :mad:

But then again buying a dm800 is/was an ideal way to get me involved in this hobby, so cant really complain!

dude! if u fail in love with the dm800? ur gowing to marry the vu+!

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The 800 is a great little box of tricks but the VU+ just seems that little bit snappier at everything it does. This could be down the 405mhz CPU.

The VU also can play although buggy at the mo Divx, Avi, Xvid and more from it's hard drive with no conversion. If the bugs are ironed out in this area then this is the Linux box to have end of.

Ferret

starman345

Registered
it took me four and a half hours to set up and scan 17 satellite from 42e to 30w make Ur self a big pot of tea and a lot a popcorn,

If that is the case that is a really slow scanning box, that works out to 30 minutes to blind scan each satellite. Did you spend time between satellite scans doing other things or is it really this slow?

hakkers1977

Registered
If that is the case that is a really slow scanning box, that works out to 30 minutes to blind scan each satellite. Did you spend time between satellite scans doing other things or is it really this slow?

dude! read properly i said setting up and scaning, when i say setting up i mean from a to z witch means fine tuning each position for the bast signal accuracy possible then scaning and if ur used to enigma ull know that u have to find the satellites manually and store them one by one assigning each satellite with its appropriate position on the box caus enigma dose not support usals.
so i think that its extreamly fast blind scaning box.

Last edited: