cccam 0e2 image

ararat

CVS OE2.0 and all other OE2.0 images are still at ALPHA stage.
Until now there exists no Release version of OE 2.0.
Only when first Release gets distributed, you may call that one stable, officially.
Experimental images from then on will be called Beta (not Alpha any more).

The Alpha OE 2.0 images work o.k. for most people, now - but still some improvement is necessary.

I myself am satisfied with it. (I´m using Merlin 3 OE 2.0 - it is based on CVS Oe 2.0 - think it´s recommendable).
Some others may still have probs with Oe 2.0, that I don´t have (E.g. I don´t use HBBTV - so I can´t have prob with that - others may.)

Last edited:

ararat

Hi sir what's the most stable version of CVS experimental firmware for dreambox 500 HD

Hi fethi sabri:)
This thread is for dreambox 8000 - so I can´t really give best advise on dm500hd.

If you want the most stable images - you could take one from older OE 1.6 branch.

You could e.g. use CVS OE1.6 image and then add GP3 Plugin, if e.g. you want easy cam support (Camfeed for GP3 you find somewhere at the very beginning of this thread)

There are lots of other possibilities with older OE1.6 for DM500HD. (Merlin, OpenPli, Newnigma ...).
You can use OE2.0 too, of course - maybe it´s stable enough.

Best thing to do is to ask in DM500HD Thread.
(There owners of DM500HD give better answers than I do.
Perhaps follow this advice from Ferret: http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=240072
)
Good luck:thum:

Last edited:

ararat

oe2.0 better than oe1.6?
First of all: oe1.6 is a good, stable firmware!

Only thing is, that oe1.6 development has come to its end. So if you flash oe1.6, you get what you flash and will probably stay with it. After flashing oe1.6 no new functions (and no new plugins predictably, too) will get offered any more.

oe1.6 is still being used on many /perhaps on most dreamboxes and it runs fine.
Differences between oe1.6 and oe2.0 aren´t too big up to now.
----

Development of firmware/functions only goes on with oe2.0, though. New functions/plugins will only be developed for this new firmware.

Up to now there aren´t too many differences between oe1.6 and oe2.0:

The new oe2.0 images are based on new Linux kernel.
They offer support for more file systems than oe1.6 - e.g. ext4 and XFS.
DLNA support is built in.
HBBTV and webbrowser are avaialable for dreambox 7020HD and 8000HD only in oe2.0 images.

(800se/500HD receivers can have HBBTV /webbrowser only with help of special tools and some knowhow, how to install. It´s because flash RAM in these boxes is too small for webbrowser/HBBTV and must be "kind of virtually enlarged" by using some of Gutemines tools. Officially HBBTV is not meant for these dreamboxes. Google for e.g. "Dreambox 500 HD HBBTV".)

How much you can profit from oe2.0, depends e.g. on what dreambox you are using. You profit the most, if you have a dreambox 7020HD.
-----

At this state of the oe2.0 firmware development there are/were even some things not working as well as they did in oe1.6.
But the last gaps are being filled. The first two of the following three mentioned problems should be fixed by now - the third problem should get fixed soon:

1.) "device manager" (mounting harddiscs was a problem at the beginnings of oe2.0) - but a new, improved devicemanager was implemented in last CVS 2012-10-05 - it should work fine now. The new device manager removes problems with recordings getting faulty under certain conditions, too and in addition allows support of harddrives larger than 2 GB. :thum:
2.) wifi problems - But madwifi module was improved with last CVS firmware, too :thum:
3.) no epg for channels that need "crossepg plugin" - but on manufacturers board there was a hint today, that this may be fixed with one of the next experimentals, maybe the next one, already. Then crossepg will no longer be needed. :)
---

So, if you want to profit from future development, install oe2.0 - if you don´t like it, you can always afterwards flash oe1.6 instead.

I prefer Merlin3 oe2.0 at the moment, because its well equiped (plugins), because image is not big (hbbtv + webbrowser get installed separately as plugins), it has cam-manager, inofficial camfeed exists and Merlin is easy to handle.

lt707

@Ararat
It's really a pleasure read your posts.
Always tuned
God Bless you :thum:

Last edited:

antrabe

Well Known Member
I would add a new issue solved by italysat (its said still not tested) the usb dtt dont works on oe2.0 i supousse that driver should be compilated for new kernel.

ararat

First of all Thank You for your friendly reply, lt707:) and for your addition, antrabe:) and may God bless both of you, too and all of us.
(Happy to get some feedback:) - sometimes I think, I´m only writing for myself.)

What I really like about Sat-Universe is, that a big majority of members is friendly and helpful.
If the whole world was like this, we could all be happy and live in peace.

---

1.) Yes, you´re right about usb dtt on oe2.0, antrabe. New drivers are necessary. (Would be nice, if solution by italysat worked:thum:).
From time to time they discuss on that on manufacturers board, but it doesn´t seem that developers put it on top of their list.
2.) There are also some users having problems with behaviour of universal remote controls (e.g. Logitech Harmony).
Some tried to solve their problems with additional USB infared receptor attached to dreambox and then they, too, found out about 1.)

fethi sabri

Hello mister ararat , yes i want to profit from future development , i'am using the GP3.2 image , and i will try the merlin3 oe2.0 because really i search only a stable image ...:thum: perhaps i will find a difference between the 2 images :)

Last edited:

ararat

Hello fethi sabri:)

If you like to try Merlin3 OE2.0, latest firmware for DM500HD you find here:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=165795&page=9

DM8000HD users, who may like to try Merlin3 find latest OE2.0 firmware here:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=147053&page=10

Why Merlin?
It´s close to being kind of CVS + GP3 + cool preinstalled plugins in one.
-----
-----

After you flashed Merlin3 onto your box with either DreamUp or with WebIf in your Browser,
with Menu / Settings / Software / Update
let it download and install online-updates.
(Same procedure as with CVS images.)

Then, for cams to show up in Merlin´s own download listing, you need to install MerlinOE20-cam-feed (without it no cams appear for download) - I attach feed here. Unzip the ipk-file inside.

With FTP
(e.g. use ftp function in Dreambox Control Center "DCC e2" or use FTP program like "Filezilla")
transfer/copy file to /tmp folder on your dreambox.
Give it rights 755 (with telnet chmod or e.g. with DCCe2 FTP window right mouseclick on file - attributes - select 755)

Then install the .ipk-file with your dreambox´s remote control.
For your dm500hd choose
menu / settings / software / install local files / local flash / merlinOE20-cam-feed_1.0-r2_mips32el.ipk
(translated from foreign language - maybe called a bit different in yours)

(DM8000 and other dreambox owners with harddrive may choose /media/hdd folder instead of /tmp
Give it rights 755 (with telnet chmod or e.g. with DCCe2 FTP window right mouseclick on file - attributes - select 755)
and install the .ipk-file with menu / settings / software / install local files / harddisk / merlinOE20-cam-feed_1.0-r2_mips32el.ipk - advantage: files transferred to /media/hdd don´t get lost after reboot - so they stay ready for reusage in case you flash image anew
)

Maybe you have to restart your box.
Then (under "Extensions") open Merlin´s Addons Manager Plugin. There you can download plugins/cams/skins, etc. (more than in CVS image).
Download a cam of your choice, if you need. You can activate it or select a CI/CA module with Merlin´s cam-center-plugin (under "Extensions").

-----

Note: It is possible to combine Merlin 3 with GP3.2 plugin.
I wouldn´t recommend, though, if you don´t need to. Especially not on 500hd or 800se, because of limited flash ram.
GP3 plugin doesn´t offer so much more than Merlin (maybe enable mounting of NTFS harddrives, if you urgently need it.)

If for some reason you can´t live without GP3 plugin -
then, BEFORE installing GP3 with GP3 wizard - deinstall the following Merlin plugins
* Quickbutton
* CamCenter
Its no good to have these functions twice on your box (Both, Merlin and GP3 offer them)

Last edited:

ararat

Hello fethi sabri :).

GP3.2 (gemini project) is not a firmware. GP3 is only a plugin.
You can install it onto a fimware (like CVS, Merlin, etc.).
But GP3 alone won´t work - you need a firmware to install it onto.

(Compare GP3 with e.g. s.th. like a new desktop with additional widgets for Windows 7 . Earlier real Gemini firmware (not only plugin) exists, though. It´s oe1.6 not oe2 and very stable.)

Last and final original oe1.6 Firmware from manufacturer is CVS firmware Release_3.2.3_2012-07-07. That´s the one the most stable but CVS has no built in cam support.
One can add cam support to CVS oe1.6 many ways, e.g. with older GP3 plugin (Not the one that I uploaded to my post above! - that one is for new oe2 images, only - the GP3 plugin wizard must be a mipsel.ipk-file not a mips32el.ipk-file) and GP3 camfeed.
But you won´t get any more updates ever for this.

As I already wrote - oe2.0 firmware is still in development, so at this moment it is not completely perfect and will need some more weeks/months of development until it is as stable as oe1.6 was, when its final version was offered for download.

But oe2 is more modern, with more functions.

So you have the choice
OE1.6 - very stable
or
Oe2 already stable enough for most users.

What the problem is:
There is not just one oe1.6 or just one oe2.0 firmware.
There are many different oe1.6 and different oe2 firmwares.
I don´t mean firmwares with different date, I mean different firmwares from different developer/programming teams.

So you can flash
CVS oe1.6 ... or CVS oe2 (from manufacturer)
Merlin3 oe1.6 ... or Merlin 3 oe2
OpenPli oe1.6 ... or OpenPli oe2
Newnigma oe1.6 ... or Newnigma oe2
OoZooN oe1.6 ... or OoZooN oe2
Gemini oe1.6 ... or GP3 plugin with iCVS oe2 (or GP3 + CVS, or GP3 + Merlin, or ... etc.)
... or ...
... or ...
old oe1.6 or new oe2 firmware

Some firmware is available in oe1.6, only: e.g. no oe2 firmware for dreambox clones available - they need special oe1.6 firmware for clones)

If your box is clone, you must tell or you get wrong help - firmware for clones is not the same as for original!!!

-----

If you want new oe2 firmware, install software from my post above,

If you want old very stable oe1.6 (Merlin3 oe1.6 final - no more updates) install this one
http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=918561&postcount=70
and don´t use camfeed-file from above (I attach old Merlin camfeed for old oe1.6 Merlin3 firmware to this post).

I can´t really advise better: oe2 is good and gets better day by day. oe1.6 is stable but no more updates.
Just try the one - if not stable enough - try the other

Last edited:

ararat

News for users of GP3.2 plugin:

NTFS support no longer implemented by default in GP3.2 plugin, but NTFS-3G drivers can still be installed manually with
Bluepanel / Settings / KernelModules

NEW is Support for exFat
The new Gemini 3.2 plugin provides your dreambox with exFat drivers. If you want to use exFat, you must first activate/install it with
Bluepanel / Settings / KernelModules.
Afterwards exFat is supported and exFat formatted storage devices get recognized.
ExFat supports files larger than 4 GB.

This allows easy file exchange by use of portable exFat harddrives/USB-Sticks with devices like dreambox, Linux PCs, Windows PCs and Apple MACs

GP3-wizard you find here:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=920027&postcount=17
The GP3 wizard is only a tiny plugin with which you can download online always the latest up-to-date GP3 plugin with your dreambox and install it.

MORE: New device manager function in GP3.2 allows you to format internal harddrives with better XFS filesystem (not only ext3/4)

For those who have GP3 already installed - online update adds new functions.

Last edited:

lt707

Hi...
Do you have any ideia when new e2 version comes?.
I'm thinking in epg question.....

ararat

:mecry::mecry::mecry:
Bad news first:
Database EPG will predictably only come for future dreamboxes
- it needs too much RAM and quicker CPUs than most dreamboxes offer at this moment.

:D :D :D
But good news now:
There is a
CROSSEPG PLUGIN FIXED FOR OE2.0 out now !

(THX to Dream Multimedia Company developer, Ghost:thum::thum::thum:
(File attached)

But wait! Don´t install!
It will NOT YET
work with OE2.0 2012-10-05 or earlier!

It will only work with NEXT OE2.0 image or later images.
So wait for next online update/next experimental OE2.0!!!

Only then you may install.
If you try now, already - although I write don´t do this (there are always some people who don´t believe or don´t read carefully and later complain)
- you will only have to remove crossepg again, because it will not yet work with your dreambox and may cause unexpected behaviour.

(removal of crossepg plugin in Telnet with: opkg remove enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg
(Box restart is necessary
Next image may come next week, already.

Last edited:

lt707

I read it carefully and i didn't know the issue of bad news...
The database epg problem is new to me.
I thought DM8000 was able to work with it.
About the plugin crossepg that's why i asked you....
Have it or not have it is the same. As you say only with new oe2.0 it works.
So let's wait and be happy!

Regards
lt707

ararat

Hi lt707:)

Bad News was a joke - that´s why I placed three :D:D:D above crossepg news.
It´s not really bad news, because different solution is available now.

Database solution will replace crossepg in future dreamboxes only. This replacement was already planned for OE2.0 with existing dreamboxes 7020/8000, but now won´t happen.
It was this database solution I was always talking about to come - not crossepg.
I always wrote - "There will be no solution for crossepg" - and today I write the opposite. (To my own surprise.)

Developers noticed that their new database solution is too hungry for RAM and hardware. Now they quit the idea to release it at this time and they wait for Goliath and later boxes.

The new crossepg plugin solution for OE2.0 is an absolute, never by Dream Multimedia officially planned surpise.
We can all thank developer Ghost who spent his private time (off duty) on this.:thum:

On OE1.6 crossepg is and was no problem.
On OE2.0 new crossepg (fixed by Ghost) will run from next firmware onwards, too.

Only thing to take care of, is not to gather too much EPG data, because all is stored in RAM. So the list of channels shouldn´t be made too long in configuration.
E.g. DM8000HD can easily handle EPG data about 25 MB (SkyUK/IT/Digital+/ plus few more transponders for local tv e.g. ~ 15 MB)
7020HD with more RAM can handle more EPG data than 8000HD.
800se, 500HD can only handle less.

But we must all wait and see , how it will work, when new image gets released. They are doing some optimization on that to improve working together with this fixed plugin.

Last edited:

ararat

Yes, you´re right:mecry: lt707:).

New firmware is not real new firmware - it´s an image with some updates inside, but the most important has not changed.

I should explain better:

When will new crossepg-plugin work?

When your dreambox in
menu / information /about
or in
WebIf
Extras/Information

after online update doesn´t show 2012-09-24-tarball any more.

You can use new crossepg plugin,
when "tarball" gets updated to newer date
- no matter how many images get released until then.

Sorry, but I got this information only today:mecry:.
(as well as info about new OE2.0 Alpha 2012-10-11 it wasn´t for download, when I searched on friday - yesterday I was busy installing new vali hd flex skin on my dreamboxes and editing/cutting some recordings)

Last edited: