Freeview (BBC Satback of Terrestrial MX PSB1 & 3) Biss @ 27.5°W *Chat Only No Keys*

satesco

Feed Hunter
marki said:
....Does the fact that it's an HD receiver mean that it could handle DVB-S2...

Comag can handle DVB-S2 signal but symbol rate only at 1-35 Mb / s.So your receiver can not read the signal with SR 44100 how has this transponder.

petegib

Registered
Can anyone let me know how to run BISS keys on dreambox DM800SE

I already using a cccam for 28.2e with a 2.2.1 cam and wanted to also add the biss keys for 27.5w

I have both satellites working and have a lock on 27.5W with a good 70%+ SNR using DiSEqC in simple mode. I have been able to scan and install the channels but now need to install the keys etc

Any help with the installation would be very much appreciated.

Do I need to do anything apart from install the keys?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
You need Just a different box ,lol's !!
Dreambox dont recognise the PMT Pids [ N/A ]
therefor you wont be opening channels on 27.5w
but other biss channels will be ok Just d/load a constant.cw key file and put constant.cw file in var/keys with DCC

petegib

Registered
So what you are saying is that I will need to change my dreambox for something else??
I use the box for 28.2 with cccam !!

What box will do both and has the same easy to use interface?

is there nothing can be done with the dreambox? No image or add-on?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
nope sorry m8 but no soloution its just the simple fact that PMT PID's is not shown or even recognised [ N/A ] error and "Timeout reading PMT" error msg is displayed on every channel

if its just a box to view channels then Technomate 5402 HD will allow you to view with CCcam and will clear BBC Channels on 27.5w via biss keys very easily .

petegib

Registered
Thanks for the advice, it wasn't what I wanted to hear :(

I need a box that will view 28.2 with cccam and the 27.5w with the biss keys.
The box I use at the moment I use to record and time shift on a regular basis so I am not just looking for a basic box.

Would you suggest a good box that can replace all the functions and interface of my dreambox. Its hard to replace something thats been so solid.

petegib

Registered
The Technomate seems to have a pretty poor (basic) UI unlike the images available for the dreambox.

digi247

Registered
You could take a look at the Thread over on the OpenPLI forum about this very issue and i know someone who has it working on a Vu Solo2 using OpenPLI 4.0 image, It may not work on the dreambox but its worth a shot.

The downside is ofcourse that you will have to flash the openpli image

petegib

Registered
I have no problem flashing a new image but for some reason I thought that the openPli didn't support 28.2 channels

digi247

Registered
You will need OpenPLI image and Oscamymod for the channels on 27.5° west and your normal CCCam for 28.2° east, as i say have a look at the thread over on OpenPLI about 27.5° west and then decide if you want to give it a go as i said earlier i know someone with a Solo2 who has it working but he did say it was not very easy.

Barney also made a very viable suggestion with the TM5402HD it may have an antiquated menu structure but it gets the job done for those channels and it seems to be able to keep up with the PMT changes.

The choice is yours

pathere

Registered
I think the bottom line is that it can be made to work on the Dreambox clone but its messy and liable to go wrong, mind you the service might vanish at any time anyway whatever receiver you have so its more an intellectual curiosity and if you have good internet then TVIP may provide a more reliable long term solution to getting BBC south of the new 2E 'UK eyes only' footprint.

cupof

Registered
Can anyone let me know how to run BISS keys on dreambox DM800SE

I already using a cccam for 28.2e with a 2.2.1 cam and wanted to also add the biss keys for 27.5w

I have both satellites working and have a lock on 27.5W with a good 70%+ SNR using DiSEqC in simple mode. I have been able to scan and install the channels but now need to install the keys etc

Any help with the installation would be very much appreciated.

Do I need to do anything apart from install the keys?

install oscam-ymod on your dm800se
with oscam.keys BISS keys are in it
install bbc_pmt_v4 script use short version all 3 files to usr/bin chmod 755 all 3
get that at openpli thread
edit lamedb file with data get that at openpli thread

i have it working on solo2 openpli 4
script long version

if you find your struggling i will walk you through
if you have a lock on 27.5 west
then it will work on your box

Code:
http://openpli.org/forums/topic/26684-enigma2-and-bbcitv-at-275w-intelsat-a-big-challenge/

Last edited:

cupof

Registered
@barney2222

why are you telling petegib to get a different box
dm800se works with oscam-ymod and 27.5 west
he has a lock on 27.5 west
all he needs is it setting up

you telling him below

no soloution

you are talking complete rubbish

as quotes below show

You need Just a different box ,lol's !!
Dreambox dont recognise the PMT Pids [ N/A ]
therefor you wont be opening channels on 27.5w
but other biss channels will be ok Just d/load a constant.cw key file and put constant.cw file in var/keys with DCC

nope sorry m8 but no soloution its just the simple fact that PMT PID's is not shown or even recognised [ N/A ] error and "Timeout reading PMT" error msg is displayed on every channel

if its just a box to view channels then Technomate 5402 HD will allow you to view with CCcam and will clear BBC Channels on 27.5w via biss keys very easily .

Last edited:

marjanen

Registered
Anyone can give step by step guide to view hd with sound with enigma2?
I have vu ultimo with BH image. Do i have to change to openpli?
I read that its possible to view hd with audio also?

Last edited:

digi247

Registered
No Surprise there really as with the amount of Chatter on different forums from Ex-Pats with the launch of Astra 2E this day was inevitable, Maybe more often in fact until a complete change of encryption