DM800 HD SS69 + BH07 + Drivers present in BH011G2 - Possible ?

fced

Registered
Hello
I'm despited with BH011G2 on my DM800 clone (work only with ss69),
OK now with this BH011G2 zapping is very very better, but
WEEK EPG don't work for Csat, and Local cards don't work for me ...

SO i'm asking to our Sat Gurus, if it's possible to flash my DM800 with Nabilo BH07 SS69 (wich have EPG OK, and Local card reader ok) , and after, to upgrade the dvb-modules (drivers) with those present in BH011G2 SS69... This, to enhance remote controlling...

May be by only updating the remote driver... I have tried to update with latest dvbmodules (ipkg install dvb-xxxxxxx) but after installing latest dvbmodules, the box don't boot...

Please Help,

Thanks
Ced

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The problem you have mate is you image has been modded to work on a earlier boot loader than it was intended to do.

BH011G2 was made on a much later bootloader than 69.

As it is if you use driver from a date after the 69 boot loader was released it could Lock you box and you'll need to re-flash.

My advice buy a uptodate simm or use BH07 which was built on the 69 bootloader. But using later drivers as i mentioned may cause problems. You could try it though just be prepared to flash with DreamUP :D

Ferret

way75

Registered
if it's possible to flash my DM800 with Nabilo BH07 SS69 (wich have EPG OK, and Local card reader ok) , and after, to upgrade the dvb-modules (drivers) with those present in BH011G2 SS69... This, to enhance remote controlling...

I'm not sure your cardreader will work properly (my clone is #70 so I have no cardreader problems), but I'm sure you can update your clone with latest drivers (22.8.2009), by following this simple procedure:

- open DCC E2 ---> Tools ---> IPKG Packages
- update your DB to ss#74
- update your drivers with latest release
- go to FTP (DCC tool)
- delete both bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko in /lib/modules/ 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra
- copy bcm7401.ko e stb-core.ko included in "DM800 clone full pack - by jams01" to /lib/modules/ 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra
- shutdown your DB
- start DreamUP universal 1.3.3.4 and flash your secondstage (69.nfi for you, 70.nfi for me) included in "DM800 clone full pack".
- reboot your DB.

This works fine with my #70 clone running Nab11G2 (see output). You can find alternative ways to read cards, if your cardreader still doesn't work.

2nc13ir.jpg

bye

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure your cardreader will work properly (my clone is #70 so I have no cardreader problems), but I'm sure you can update your clone with latest drivers (22.8.2009), by following this simple procedure:

- open DCC E2 ---> Tools ---> IPKG Packages
- update your DB to ss#74
- update your drivers with latest release
- go to FTP (DCC tool)
- delete both bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko in /lib/modules/ 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra
- copy bcm7401.ko e stb-core.ko included in "DM800 clone full pack - by jams01" to /lib/modules/ 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra
- shutdown your DB
- start DreamUP universal 1.3.3.4 and flash your secondstage (69.nfi for you, 70.nfi for me) included in "DM800 clone full pack".
- reboot your DB.

This works fine with my #70 clone running Nab11G2 (see output). You can find alternative ways to read cards, if your cardreader still doesn't work.

2nc13ir.jpg

bye

Hi mate

How can this work? You can not update to ss#74 as you suggest as far as i know the only way to update the bootloader to ss#74 is with a new simm.

And as i stated the driver update may or may not work depending on the driver release date. The driver update is worth a go though.

He already uses a image made by jams01.

And as far as im aware needs a 70 bootloader chip for the card reader to work with other modifed images.

Ferret

way75

Registered
Hi mate

How can this work? You can not update to ss#74 as you suggest as far as i know the only way to update the bootloader to ss#74 is with a new simm.

And as i stated the driver update may or may not work depending one the driver release date. The driver update is worth a go though.

Ferret

It works fine, believe me.

Obviously you can update your clone to ss#74 (any 69, 70, 72 clone), but without "correction" (we need to go back to ss#70 to boot) your DB will stall in booting.

But we need ss#74 for updating modules... (I suppose 1st attempt made by DMM against clones).
So 1st we upgrade to ss#74 in order to allow DB to accept new modules. Then we update drivers, go back with cardreader and tuner drivers and then shutdown DB.
Now we just send suitable secondstage to our DB by using DreamUP and secondstage#xx.nfi.
That's all.
When you check ss version by using telnet, output will report latest (newer) version installed, but DB is really using previous version. Drivers are updated.

I don't know any fix for cardreader problems on 69 clones, I'm only sure we can use latest drivers on clones.

I'm sorry if my english is not so good, but I hope you can understand me...

bye

Last edited:

fced

Registered
Helo guys
I have tried the procedure...
The Facts :
After having installed BH011G2 SS69 by Jams01 on my dm800HD clone, i'm not really happy with it. Remote control, control the box perfectly, really better than with BH07 ss69, but 7 days EPG don't work for Csat, and the cardreader don't work ...
It's for this reason i have asked on this post if it's possible to re-install BH07 with ss69 and update the drivers on it (to enhance the remote control)

So now, i have re-installed BH07 with ss69, and i followed the procedure to update drivers on it (update to SS74 with DCC_E2, updating drivers dvb-modules to the latest, and then reflash with SS69 with dreamup)

So now, i have reinstalled BH07 with SS69, and the drivers are updated, but i haven't notified any change with the remote control...
Hopefully the cardreader and 7 days EPG work now...
I precise i don't have touched the two files bcm7401.ko and stb-core... i have tried to replace bcm7401.ko with the one present in jams01 DM 800 clone full pack.. but after this, the box stalled at boot... so i replaced the original bcm7401.ko file...

Any idea ?
Ced

fced

Registered
i have tried another way for update...
in the precedent post, i have updated dvb-modules in DCC_E2 by selecting dvb-module package in the package list, and click update package.
Now i have downloaded the latest dvbmodules from dream website (dreamboxupdates.xxx)
so i have updated with latest dvb-modules, (dreambox-dvb-modules_2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20090907-r0_dm800.ipk) and after rebooting, the tuner wasn't responding...

So i have replaced the BCM7401.ko file with the one present in jams01 clone pack, and now the tuner work...

But the cardreader don't work, so i have tried to replace the stb-core.ko file by the one presend in jams01 clone pack, and after that the box have stalled at reboot...
i have also forgotten to chmod (624 instead of 644) stb-core.ko file after uploading...

Any idea ?

In fact if with BH011G2 if i could have the 7 days epg working for csat it will be suffisant for me to stay on BH011G2...

Any idea ?
CEd

way75

Registered
Hi mate, this confirm #69 secondstage clone still have problems with cardreader.

Maybe you can find a #70 or #72 security sim, this can fix the problem. You can ask Brummie if he has still his old #70 security sim (He changed with #72, I remember).

You're right, with #69 clone you have to change BCM7401.ko driver only (tuner), because changing stb-core.ko can lock STB's boot.

You know there are other ways to add a cardreader to your USB decoder, if you really need it. Smargo?

EPG: you can search for alternative EPG plugin, with Nab11 #69 modified image. Maybe this can be the easy way to solve the problem with integrated EPG plugin.

(For me) Priority 1 is a box responding (quickly) to his remote control...

bye

hendrysetiadi

Registered
i tried the same procedure for installing barry allen plugins. but somehow, after flashing it back with boot #70, and reboot, the BA plugins was not loaded and disappeared from plugins list.

way75

Registered
i tried the same procedure for installing barry allen plugins. but somehow, after flashing it back with boot #70, and reboot, the BA plugins was not loaded and disappeared from plugins list.

This seems to be a different problem.

Latest BA requires updated secondstage to work properly. So if BA doesn't find right ss, it doesn't start.
If you are with a #70clone and you want to use BA with updated images in pen, you can try Nabilo pure flash 18feb09A.nfi (BA included).
I used this image and it works fine, but I prefer updated single image in flash, without BA. So now I use Nab11G2 with modified ss and tuner/cardreader drivers.

bye

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi
i have used the procedure for driver updates to fix remote control poor performance ,i have clone with ss69 support
After updating i did not observe any change regarding remote control but i didnot test for card reader or epg
i fix remote control problem by installing blackhole .11g moded by ss69 ,now remote control is working nicely with fast zapping

way75

Registered
If you're searching for solutions to increase performance and speed of your remote with DM800 clone, try using alternative rc (best results with Meliconi "fully8" model remote control - 10 euro, really fast).

bye

fced

Registered
Hello
i 'm actually on BH07 SS69 with drivers updated (thanks to way75 for the tips) and i can confirm the remote control work better, the cardreader is working, and 7 days EPG work also...

bloto22

Registered
old drivers

but they are old drivers.Original installed 7.7.2009 and patched by bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko from 10.03.2009.
This trick dont work why ?? beacuse you are still using old drivers. why ??? beacuse look on dates above. even when you install new drivers and replace those two files you will get old drivers not new beacuse the bcm7401 is the driver !! and is very old now. Installing driver with date 05/10/09 a replacing files from 10.03.09 you will get drivers from 10.03.09 not 05.10.09. is this clear ??

Last edited:

way75

Registered
but they are old drivers.Original installed 7.7.2009 and patched by bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko from 10.03.2009.
This trick dont work why ?? beacuse you are still using old drivers. why ??? beacuse look on dates above. even when you install new drivers and replace those two files you will get old drivers not new beacuse the bcm7401 is the driver !! and is very old now. Installing driver with date 05/10/09 a replacing files from 10.03.09 you will get drivers from 10.03.09 not 05.10.09. is this clear ??

Hi mate, reading this I suppose you're NOT a DM800HD clone owner.

As you can read in many threads, every time you try to upload a recent image or updated drivers... DM800HD clone locks. This is the visible difference between original and clone DM800.

You're right when you write bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko in "jams01 Pack" are old drivers (tuner and cardreader's drivers), but you're wrong if you want to suggest that all drivers are old (just access /lib/modules/ 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra folder after driver update and read driver's release date).
At the moment this is the only way to update image and drivers on chinese clones. And believe me, my clone is now fast and stable.

I'll be happy to read from you alternative way to update image, secondstage and drivers on clones with 69,70, 72 secondstages... but my fear is that this way there is not.

regards

yo3

Registered
@Way75

Dear way75,

I have Nabilo BH11g2 with BA 507(patch) with many image on start up boot...but I can't use DVB subtitle any of them. What you think...it's about this drivers, or something else...
Regards,

bloto22

Registered
I am clone owner

Hi mate, I am a clone owner. All rest of free drivers you can find almost in any patched image. I currently working to run latest drivers on ss72 the drivers which require 74 run succesfully but after info on one page that new drivers are patched the answer from dm was ssl75 and new drivers for it till christmas I will realese a proper way to patch new drivers. This will be open for public and dm will get a kick in his ... ;) I am very close to do perfect method. What is this mean ?? a software which will patch new drivers after update with new one. And I will keep support that program any source code will be avaible only for non-public. Why till christmas ?? beacuse on christmas we will get a dm8000 clone and then every one will get patched drivers