Enigma2 Tideglo 0.3.1 mod PKT 3.4 for 900HD

badeyeah

Registered
44matrix,

Just try to do a new E2 on your usb-stick.(follow the instructions as discribed above,especially the formating and decompression.)
This must work for you too,but my image is NLB.
When rebooting(after installing E2 on usb)the total time is probably 10 min.So you dont have to wait for one hour.
Press 2 before "booting" appears in frontpanel-screen.
Succes.

hajj_3

Registered
hajj_3
use ftp
copy E2_mod_PKT_34.tar.gz to /media
run telnet
cd /media
execute tar -zxvf E2_mod_PKT_34.tar.gz

flash with this little image E2_on_HDD
download from here
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=94016
and you are ready for multiboot
nlb on flash
and e2 on your esata hdd

can you give some more details. I currently have NLB image on, do i transfer the .tar.gz file to /media run telnet and do those 2 commands then restart the box and flash with the small .img file. What do you mean by nlb on flash and e2 on your esata hdd?

Maybe 1 of you guys could make a video and upload it to youtube, would be a great help!

k2k2000, today bbchd has started to mess up using SBCL, pauses and video glitches, its worked fine for past 2 weeks. i've put an older nlb image on and it didnt help, can you think of anything it might be? all the other non-hd pay channels work perfectly. i've only got 1 hd channel (bbchd) so cant test any others.

Last edited:

44matrix

Registered
44matrix,

Just try to do a new E2 on your usb-stick.(follow the instructions as discribed above,especially the formating and decompression.)
This must work for you too,but my image is NLB.
When rebooting(after installing E2 on usb)the total time is probably 10 min.So you dont have to wait for one hour.
Press 2 before "booting" appears in frontpanel-screen.
Succes.
Re-done now. Changed my image to NLB. Re-added MultiBoot Addon Image 132Kb. Re-formated my 1Gb USB stick & followed original instructions Mkefs.ext3 ... then unpacked image to new Primary Linux Ext3 partition. Sync'd that then umount - wait 30 secs. - remove Esata HDD & reboot pressing n5. And it HANGS again. I'm done with that.

Lambucca

Registered
Morning

After i tried yesterday succesfull to install on the Usb-Stick the Way badeyeah :thum: explained i tried today again with the external Hdd on the USb-port.exactly the same Way like with the Stick.

And ... it work'd perfect.Boot-Time is down to about 1 Minute. :clapping:

Thanks again to badeyeah :)

hajj_3

Registered
hajj_3
run this command from telnet
fdisk -l
and post output here

bbchd see pm

a0ic86.jpg

badeyeah

Registered
Matrix44,

Sorry to hear that you did not succeed yet.
I have an external HDD(sata),with an esata conneted cable,but do still press n2.
So it does not recognize wether the HDD is external, so leave connected and press 2.
Hopefully you downloaded the right multiboot(the last image in the row is the cuberevo-mini)because they are all 132kb.
I still believe this must work

44matrix

Registered
Matrix44,

Sorry to hear that you did not succeed yet.
I have an external HDD(sata),with an esata conneted cable,but do still press n2.
So it does not recognize wether the HDD is external, so leave connected and press 2.
Hopefully you downloaded the right multiboot(the last image in the row is the cuberevo-mini)because they are all 132kb.
I still believe this must work
Downloaded Cuberevo-mini multiboot image - "cuberevo-mini.img" and applied within NLB via the Update SW function. After it said DONE on the little display then I rebooted and connected with Telnet (Putty). Don't know if this is a problem but I use DHCP and the IP Box always use 192.168.1.10.

44matrix

Registered
I don't want to mess with what I have on my Samsung 250GB E-Sata HDD. I have about 15 divx films and lots of BBC HD recordings. I am thinking that If I use it for multiboot then I might lose what's already on the Drive. Would I lose my recorded media? Or can I use the first partition as suggested by others in this forum without affecting current media content?

44matrix

Registered
Just to give some more info - my putty screen examining HDD is shown below:

welcome to cuberevo-mini
cuberevo login: root
Password:
System bootup in progress - please wait
[Disconnect bypassed -- root login allowed.]
CubeRevo 900

Release Edition - nlb9207
[NLB cuberevo_mini /]$ mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock4 on /var type jffs2 (rw)
none on /mnt type tmpfs (rw)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
none on /tmp/mqueue type mqueue (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /media type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
[NLB cuberevo_mini /]$ fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 250.0 GB, 250059350016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 30401 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 1 17 136521 83 Linux
/dev/sda2 18 30401 244059480 83 Linux
[NLB cuberevo_mini /]$

badeyeah

Registered
I don't want to mess with what I have on my Samsung 250GB E-Sata HDD. I have about 15 divx films and lots of BBC HD recordings. I am thinking that If I use it for multiboot then I might lose what's already on the Drive. Would I lose my recorded media? Or can I use the first partition as suggested by others in this forum without affecting current media content?

44matrix,

I still have some recordings on my HDD when starting NLB.
The E2 recognizes the HDD(and more) but not the media-files.I did not test everything,but you still have to apply some changes to have a full function of the HDD on E2.Just don't activate it.

My DHCP on E2 is off(for now),because I want to setup a gateway(router).Only sometimes I have to reboot the box for an internet connection.

badeyeah

Registered
I can add to this E2 on usb-stick is not to power off the HDD (or remove),after installation.

Just leave it as it is, and when configure E2 you can adjust the settings of the HDD and more.

So don't change too much halfway.But what you can do before the hard reset is after the command cd /,look at Henksat for your satellite setting.

Probably you downloaded 2 maps(tuxbox,Enigma2),Now you can ftp to mnt/usb/usb0/etc/tuxbox
and the other map in the usr/local/.

The last two maps I don't know the path by heart,but try to find both and replace them.