Sifteam 12914 and cross epg are not working

zboard

Registered
Hi there I have just loaded the new sifteam dgs base installed cross epg from the online panel and it crashes the box.

Could anyone help mr with this please?
Thanks.

grizzlyt

Registered
Since the firmware is now based on STM 2.3 an not on STM 2.2 I guess it has to be rewritten.

Like many other plug-ins and emus it isn't compatible any more.

zboard

Registered
i have oscam mgcamd working ok, it looks really good. oh well fingers crossed for a quick fix.

The new images Don't realy need Cross epg as the built in epg Loads full 10 days epg for me at least for sly uk... 28.2

zboard

Registered
can i ask you what database you are using as i have a full sky database with the no.s and some of the pids in it. and i dont really want to change that. when i tryed it last night all it would pick up is some of the now and next on the channels.

carrpet

Registered
crossepg 4.0

Hi Guys, if you take a look in the Enigma 2 addons section you will find CrossEpg 4.0 for DGS ????? This installs ok but will not complete a download cycle and crashes at the end of Parsing Summaries (step 5). So closer but not quite there yet ! I am downloading 28.2E by the way. Any other experience out there ?????????????

carrpet

Registered
crossepg 4.0

Hi Guys,

Can confirm Crossepg 4.0 available via the Sifteam Online 1 does work with the latest Sifteam image. I had to reformat the hard drive to get it to download cleanly. Seems slower than in previous images, but does work.

carrpet

Registered
Crossepg 4.1

Skaman has posted an improvement - crossepg 4.1 - its also in the enigma2 section although only works on DGS. I am sure there is some logic here !

carrpet

Registered
Hi Zboard, I am having less success than you on 28.2 E. so could do with some help !!
RU getting the epg for full HD package ?
Did you download via the green button.
What configuartion settings ru using ?

zboard

Registered
cross epg

Hi Zboard, I am having less success than you on 28.2 E. so could do with some help !!
RU getting the epg for full HD package ?
Did you download via the green button.
What configuartion settings ru using ?

hi mate i downloaded 4.0.2 and set it up for 28.2e.

yes i did download via the green button.

did you put the hd package in the favs as cross epg only reads the fav channels.

carrpet

Registered
Hi Zboard,
Thanks for the info.

I did not install 4.2 via the green button
All of my HD channels are in favourites

My issue is that my Crossepg installation is very slow and crashes during channel download and when selcting a channel for recording on the grid. I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong during setup. The 28.2 portfolio of information is big and just seemed too big for the latest SifTeam image plus Cross EPG 4.2.It seemed like a memory issue ?

zboard

Registered
Hi Zboard,
Thanks for the info.

I did not install 4.2 via the green button
All of my HD channels are in favourites

My issue is that my Crossepg installation is very slow and crashes during channel download and when selcting a channel for recording on the grid. I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong during setup. The 28.2 portfolio of information is big and just seemed too big for the latest SifTeam image plus Cross EPG 4.2.It seemed like a memory issue ?

I do run a USB stick for crossepg.
And I don't have that prob.

I set it to download 7 days (168) hours of data,
With out the USB stick it does crash the box.

I have also 1 more issue with this Img and that is with the volume keys do not make any difference to the volume that my sound kit gets via the optical.

Do you get the same?

carrpet

Registered
Hi zboard,

That is great help. I did not realise you could use USB with crossepg. So my next question is how do you do it. I read that early versions would only work with the HDD, which is what I have been using until now !!! I presume that to configure for this it is
red button
menu
system
Database Path
Usbpen (mnt/usb)

Can you confirm that it crashed when putting Database Path to HDD which would explain my problem too !

carrpet

Registered
Hi Zboard, forgot to answer your question about volume via optical link. Sorry haven't tested that yet. When I have the epg working will test it out and get back to you !

zboard

Registered
Usb

Hi there I use the yellow button for USB and then format it then I set the swap file on the USB and then when in cross epg I press menu to set up. Doing this today with cross epg 4.0.2.

carrpet

Registered
Hi zboard,

I used
Green Panel - yellow button
Format usb with disk script
Create swap on usb script
reboot.

Now, what setting do you use in crossepg ?
menu
system
Database Path
Usbpen (mnt/usb)

or do you leave it at default of HDD ?

zboard

Registered
I then set it to the mnt/USB so that it stores all of the files on the USB stick.
And you have to tick what channels you want synced and the time in hours. and I assign it to the green button. What box are you using as mine is a 3000 hd (910)