Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Tv Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Cannot see most feed transponders

Satellite Tv Chat

Old 07-02-2019, 20:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Does anyone have an idea why i cannot see feed transponders? While signals from other transponders are over 80% - so are pretty good...
Old 07-02-2019, 21:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 47,410 Times in 16,197 Posts

First - feeds are more focused and You may be outside the beam Your dish could be usefull.
Second - the signal of the regular transponders is more strong.
Third - Your dish must be over 120 cm and I bet it isn't.
And finally an advise - You must adjust Your dish every time for a single feed, it's my practice.
GOOD LUCK!
The Following User Says Thank You to Venko For This Useful Post:
barney115 (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 21:22  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venko View Post
First - feeds are more focused and You may be outside the beam Your dish could be usefull.
Second - the signal of the regular transponders is more strong.
Third - Your dish must be over 120 cm and I bet it isn't.
And finally an advise - You must adjust Your dish every time for a single feed, it's my practice.
GOOD LUCK!
I have 2m dish. I am ajusting, reajusting over and over again but cannot solve this. And its not only on 28E its on all satellites even with best footprints for my region.

Well. I guess i will start all from beginning with new reciever and setup my dish very carefully....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snakeron For This Useful Post:
barney115 (07-02-2019), Omys8519 (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 22:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 95,270 Times in 19,448 Posts

3 important factors
1) Cable quality - unlikely in your case
2) Receiver Tuner may very well be faulty/bad tuner
3) LNB Skew on 2 meter is important but mine is almost center just slightly skewed to West
but Snooker Feed in question i have watched all day @ 28.2E and flawless 14.5db and 97% on my 2 meter prime focus dish
i have TM5402 HD M3 Box Snooker feed is flawless and TBS5980 USB QBOX FOR ANY 4:2:2 FEEDS i find .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Omys8519 (07-02-2019), SharKistani (07-02-2019), snakeron (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 23:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
3 important factors
1) Cable quality - unlikely in your case
2) Receiver Tuner may very well be faulty/bad tuner
3) LNB Skew on 2 meter is important but mine is almost center just slightly skewed to West
but Snooker Feed in question i have watched all day @ 28.2E and flawless 14.5db and 97% on my 2 meter prime focus dish
i have TM5402 HD M3 Box Snooker feed is flawless and TBS5980 USB QBOX FOR ANY 4:2:2 FEEDS i find .
1) I guess my cable is OK because its brand new/
2) Thanx for this. Just wandering how important this could be to choose one LNB over another.
3) I have TBS 6903, so thi shouldn't be an issue.

Anyways big thanx fo your advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to snakeron For This Useful Post:
barney115 (08-02-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 18:29  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeron View Post
Does anyone have an idea why i cannot see feed transponders? While signals from other transponders are over 80% - so are pretty good...

what satellite receiver are you using to get 80% level, CrazyScan and EBSPro list signals in SNR (dB)?
Old 13-04-2019, 00:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
thefatty

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i am having the same problem and it might help the OP. I have a 1.2m dish and I am having no luck at all with the feeds from 10e/7e etc. I am using a TBS8920, which works fine on all other TP's with good signal. It has just occurred to me that maybe I need a new DVB card to support DVB-S2X? Are the majority of feeds now using this modulation? There is no mention of DVB-S2x on my dvb card. Is this the problem? Or is DVB-S2x just software extension of S2?

Looking on kingofsat, only 2 TP's (33e/192e) are using DVB-S2X, is that right?

Last edited by thefatty; 13-04-2019 at 00:59..
Old 16-04-2019, 13:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have same problem with football feeds on 7E.Good signal on regularly programms but no signal for feeds
Old 18-04-2019, 02:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
thefatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatty View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread, but i am having the same problem and it might help the OP. I have a 1.2m dish and I am having no luck at all with the feeds from 10e/7e etc. I am using a TBS8920, which works fine on all other TP's with good signal. It has just occurred to me that maybe I need a new DVB card to support DVB-S2X? Are the majority of feeds now using this modulation? There is no mention of DVB-S2x on my dvb card. Is this the problem? Or is DVB-S2x just software extension of S2?

Looking on kingofsat, only 2 TP's (33e/192e) are using DVB-S2X, is that right?
Just reporting back in case it helps someone else. I seem to have fixed my problem by switching from DVBDream to SmartDVB. SmartDVB does a lot better job of scanning for the TPs especially when things are set to auto!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ParsianSat (18-04-2019)
Old 18-04-2019, 02:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
thefatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by van basten View Post
I have same problem with football feeds on 7E.Good signal on regularly programms but no signal for feeds
I looked at the footprints for that sat, and depending on which beam it is (and where you are) you might be out of the footprint.

Eutelsat 7A has nice footprints:

A:

B:

C:

Eutelsat 7B is not so good on the B downlink:

A:

B:

C:

Beam D on both are for south Africa only.

If its still active, see if you can get the following Tandberg feeds, i get 80%Q in a fringe area, 1.2m dish - http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost...ostcount=13372

Last edited by thefatty; 18-04-2019 at 02:21..