Not only Android but also E2 development about to be dropped?!?

gorski

Registered
Code:
http://www.smartinnovations.nl/statement?___store=smarten&___from_store=smartde

Change of strategy" = no more payments to the development team?:rolleyes:

"Pfffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?:mad:

P.S. Old boxes are now most likely dropped for good, then?!?

gorski

Registered
Here cometh the hollow "reply":

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/AzBoxHD

OpenShite business relationships in EU ended up badly with just about every "partner" they had, such is their "karma"......:rolleyes:

Look at the "response" details:

How does potential change of ownership (and new owners possible different vision of the development strategy) have no bearing on day to day operations (this is a response by idiots, to idiots, for idiots, it seems to me...:D)?!?

And if the old owners sell their shares in the company to another company, how is it possible that they do not belong to any other company?!? Bear in mind that there is no outright denial of the Dutch company's statement, just blah-blah corporate mumbo-jumbo...

The worse part is that there is ample critique of the Dutch company, in the OS response (not respecting their contract, payments issues etc.), and yet they want to state that they will somehow remain "friendly"?!? My word... I know how they treat companies with whom they cannot see eye to eye, so this is pure BS! Stinks to high Heavens!

It would be interesting (and possibly quite funny, from what I know about OS/AZbug) to see the Dutch response now, since the implied critique is pretty bad - if they choose to do so...

It does not fill one with confidence, when it comes to their products, then...

gorski

Registered
Look at Lange's reply to my post, on the German support forum, since this is the context relevant to this debate/future of AZ:

Indeed, it is sad that it has to come to this.

Fact remains that they are not able to maintain their position as distributor. I think partially, because Opensat sold their products behind the back of the official distributor in the past, as it turns out. This has been done repeatedly.
Now, that is unfair competition. I would be mad as hell if this would happen to me.

As far as the miniMe, it is very sad that a distributor has to find out, that the miniMe is on the market and in stock at some web shops. Not getting any information. No communication, whatsoever. And I know for a fact that the distributor did order the miniMe's long before they were on the market. I was there.

There are probably more issues between Smart and OpenSat, the fact remains that the AZBox worId will have to do without the active roll Smart Innovations has played in the past.

Regarding to your "More info" question.
I don't think that Opensat/DT innovation/HTCE, or whatever they call themselves today, will ever officially state that they were behind RTi E2 Core team.
I also think, they will never state that they had these developers on their payroll.
If you stay on the sideline, you won´t have to worry about bugs, as it is not your firmware.....

For me, it is comforting to know that Smart will stay active in the community and some software developments, although it won't be as active as we have experienced.

opensat said:
We wish to SmartInnovations the best success in future business and we want to keep SmartInnovations like a friend company as it always was.

I am very curious as what Opensat is willing to do to keep them as a friend.

With kind regards,

Lange

amyren

Registered
rti web site has been closed for a few weeks:confused:

is there going to be any more enigma kernel/images ?

From what I have heard the team have moved their efforts to this site:
http://openazbox.info

And there is always the OpenRSI project, which provide new kompiled
images daily. But there are no big changes for a while, I think they are waiting for new drivers from the RTi team.
This image is based on OpenPLi and also on the RTi. But they have made their own kernels.
Look at http://www.opensat4all.com

gorski

Registered
I'd be the first to congratulate The_Ripper and Sattommy on a job well done, if they succeeded, against all the odds, since they are working for OpenShite and all...

But it keeps dragging on and on and on and.... Not many will wait and new potential customers will notice all these stories...

But that has little to do with developers and much more to do with OS!