Can You Make 12 Hexadecimal BISS-1 Key into A 16 Hexadecimal BISS-E Key

kishray

Registered
Hello Everyone... I am sorry if I am posting my question in the wrong section... If it is posted in the wrong section please removed it and post it in the correct section... Thanks in advance...

Is there anyway you can turn a BISS-1 twelve hexadecimal digits into a sixteen hexadecimal digits to get a working BISS-E key for the same BISS feed... For example if the BISS-1 twelve hexadecimal digits are: 1012 ABBA 1012, can you add 0000 to the end of the BISS-1 twelve hexadecimal digits and make it 1012 ABBA 1012 0000... Would this new sixteen hexadecimal digits (1012 ABBA 1012 0000) work for the BISS-E keys on that same feed...

Thanks in advance... Have a good one...

Rickk

Registered
no, that's not how it works

BISS-E (E for encrypted) is a variation where the decoder has stored one secret BISS-key entered by for example a rightsholder. This is unknown to the user of the decoder. The user is then sent a 16-digit hexadecimal code, which is entered as a "session key". This session key is then mathematically combined internally to calculate a BISS-1 key that can decrypt the signal.

Only a decoder with the correct secret BISS-key will be able to decrypt a BISS-E feed. This gives rightsholder control as to exactly which decoder can be used to decrypt/decode a specific feed. Any BISS-E encrypted feed will have a corresponding BISS-1 key that will unlock it.

BISS-E is amongst others used by EBU to protect UEFA Champions League and other high-profile satellite feeds.

kebien

Registered
Hello Everyone... I am sorry if I am posting my question in the wrong section... If it is posted in the wrong section please removed it and post it in the correct section... Thanks in advance...

Is there anyway you can turn a BISS-1 twelve hexadecimal digits into a sixteen hexadecimal digits to get a working BISS-E key for the same BISS feed... For example if the BISS-1 twelve hexadecimal digits are: 1012 ABBA 1012, can you add 0000 to the end of the BISS-1 twelve hexadecimal digits and make it 1012 ABBA 1012 0000... Would this new sixteen hexadecimal digits (1012 ABBA 1012 0000) work for the BISS-E keys on that same feed...

Thanks in advance... Have a good one...
Not sure what you are intending to do.
The only reason I see for you to use a Biss-E key would be if you have a receiver that needs it.
But isn't that this receivers accept both,the plain CW and the 16 bytes key?

alanisrox69

Registered
Yes, you can.

Imagine the following key:

1234567890AB

This 48-bit key is converted into a 64-bit descrambling key by taking the first three bytes, adding them and then the next three keys again adding them, discarding anything but the last two digits. In this case:

12 + 34 + 56 = 9C
78 + 90 + AB = 1B3

Resulting in the actual key sent to the descrambler as:

1234569C7890ABB3

Last edited: