Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

TM5402 MK4

Technomate Chat

Old 27-04-2021, 14:09  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,114 Times in 898 Posts

It has no features I can see that would warrant paying nearly double that of say a cheap stb can get you which has 4k multistream etc and of course support.
You can buy a 4k stb with a server on it opening everything for the same money.
I wont bother for sure, and I have always supported TM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (27-04-2021), Blade (27-04-2021), cementmixer (27-04-2021), lespat (28-04-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 19:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,094 Times in 219 Posts

Any firmware available for this box yet?
Old 05-05-2021, 20:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
Any firmware available for this box yet?
Nope lol
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 22:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,094 Times in 219 Posts

Looks like it's just an expensive FTA box. No mention if it can open biss or any other.
Old 05-05-2021, 22:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
Looks like it's just an expensive FTA box. No mention if it can open biss or any other.
Afaik theres no sw available and surely it cant ship legally with patched sw?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (05-05-2021), Blade (06-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 10:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 8,877 Times in 3,102 Posts

Well for sure it is not a TM5402HD,
Just a rip off to con people to buy this M4 Linux & all the TM Horrors that come with TM Linux
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william-1 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (11-05-2021), manic01 (11-05-2021), tony52 (23-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 21:08  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 8,877 Times in 3,102 Posts

Just read this elsewhere:-
Initial thoughts on TM picture quality-poor compared to other cheaper models of sat rx's.

Why does that not surprise me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to william-1 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (11-05-2021), manic01 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 21:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 102,351 Times in 21,199 Posts

My new Octagon 4K UHD SF8008 DVB-S2X multi-stream seems to have been a MUCH better buy then ??
at least it will be supported very well and such a great UHD picture just as good or better than my Viark Sat 4K .
Technomate failed badly with TM5402 M4 and probably rushed it with cheap specs by the sound of it and no support so it really has Zero going for it and was doomed to failure before it even hit the market !!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
lespat (12-05-2021), manic01 (12-05-2021), william-1 (11-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 13:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Feedback from sat.co, not hand picked for just bad reviews

"Watch/record second programme function works"

"No paremeter control for blind scan it scans the whole band quite niftely in speed too..quite a basic menu, transponders can be added manually"

"More testing.. It does not do Multistream even though the transponders are in the database, nothing is downloaded at 5W.
Another niggle, no option to delete a satellites transponders in one go, only on an individual basis"

"I quite like it for a Ku FTA blind scanner receiver though"

"The receiver runs really cool.. Good sign.
Excellent selection of internet radio stations in the 'APPS' section"

"The channel list I have just backed up, and it is SDX format" So not cndf like other TM5402 models

"Some initial testing results here after just 5 minutes of powering up.
It has to be said - WHY are these new products from Technomate not tested for functionality to match the menu options listed.
First thing noticed - Once you venture off the normal Ku Universal LO or the standard C-band 5150 LO it goes tit's up.
For C-band use - 3.6 to 4.8GHz, i use a Norsat 8000I with a LO of 5750, lnb LO pre-set rx list listed for C-band 5750 or the 'User' LO input option for 5750 does not scan.
Neither does it scan this lnb using the 'User' LO input setting, it does not save the setting. Use the pre-set LO setting of 5150 and it scans but obviously gives the wrong frequency read out.
Not tried Ka band functionality yet - not expecting too much if these initial findings after only 5-10 minutes. This could end up being a long list.
Also testing the new GTMedia V9 Prime, at half the cost of the TM5402 Mk4 and up to now it wipes the floor with it"

"Another thing I noticed after saving the channel list then deleting a satellite, it does not delete it completely, still there when you go back into the setup menu with the factory transponder database"

"Does the same thing on a Ka scan when trying to delete channels.
Re: Ka LO input - it will not save a 'Single User' LO setting and scan, but when using the 'Dual User' LO setting box and set the LO to be the same in both boxes, it will save it and scan. If you use the 'Dual User' LO option and only put the right LO i one of the boxes only, and leave the other box setting to all '0' it will not scan. There is no option to choose H /V/L/R polarity setting - you have to use the 'lnb voltage' setting of either 13v or 18v to get you the right on-screen ch information"

"The Starsat and Cryptobox and the TM are very similar in how they operate, although I would say the TM is different in layout"

" Initial thoughts on TM picture quality-poor compared to other cheaper models of sat rx's"

Last edited by manic01; 12-05-2021 at 17:01..
Blade (12-05-2021), net5ua (12-05-2021)
Old 22-05-2021, 12:18  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

The new patch has caused a data base error where if you move or delete channels it moves some to 53e, TM are aware and patch being worked on.
jaes (23-05-2021), lespat (23-05-2021)