Always on

blockhead

Registered
Here is the loader for Dsbackground:)
By this method you can set your metabox background with any photo you want.
1. download " kaon mpeg convertor" .by this programme you must change jpeg to mpeg and save it
2. install " Kaon CDH " then in patchs menu click on " load firmware " and open bin and click translate it will give error but never mind, then go to "imgae radio " click on patch image wait level complete.
3.use metaware stb wizard to upload image to receiver ( BG Radio or BG Video)
if you power on the receiver,you will see your picture on receiver.

20 Apr 2004 9:41 eMetabox always ON

I flash my STB (eMetabox1) with new software and PC display "transfer success", Metabox

says "Good", then I unplug the power cables. When I plug the power cables in Metabox

display "ON" and always like like.
I have already tried all trick bellow (adopted from

h**p://www.megaone.com/emetabox/guide.htm) :

Q. The update to Metabox is still not successful after 3 hours and there is an error

A. Update the metabox will on take a few minutes. Check your com port setting or wrong type

cable is used. Use a null modem cable.

Q THe PC will display "transfer success" and Metabox display "Good".
I switch off and on metabox and display is always "on"
A. THE wrong software have been flashed into Metabox. Reflash with correct file.

Q. I've tried to load all the possible new updating softwares for my silver
eMetaBox but with no positive result, still have no response and the LED
is still "on"
A. Switch off the receiver and recheck files and cable again. Then connect the receiver

again, start the program when the receiver is still power off. the program will reply with

trying to connect 1.2.3..., then you switch on the power of the receiver if all steps are

okay this should do the trick.
A. If you press the "Power" button on the front of the receiver after loading the software,

the receiver will show only "on".
You must switch off the switch at the back of the receiver. Try to reload the software

again.
After the receiver shows "Good" then wait for 30 seconds. If the receiver does not restart

by itself, switch it off using the switch on the back of the receiver, wait 10 seconds,

then switch it on again. The receiver should show "on... Strt... inSt". If this is OK then

you can switch off, connect to the satellite and the TV, and set up the language, satellite

and do "Multi Search" to find the channels again.

Q I have tried to upgrade the Software but the "filesend2 program" counts and says "No

Answer".
A. Switch off the receiver and recheck files and cable again. Then connect the receiver

again, start the program when the receiver is still power off. the program will reply with

trying to connect 1.2.3..., then you switch on the power of the receiver

Q. How do I identify the type of receiver
A. there is 2 type of metabox:
1- black&red color carton box with black color or silver color receiver and the right side

of front cover states eMetabox.
2- white color carton box with silver color receiver and the right side of front cover

states eMetaboxII.

Q. Why does the receiver does not store the channels
A. You have reached the limit of channels storage. Delete some channels like the radio

channels which are not used regularly.

Q. I patch accidently the loader with FileSend2.exe(Loader Data Download) The emetabox

doesn't work My flash memory is down.
A. 1. Unplug Metabox and remove the cover.
2. You'll find 2 PCB, power supply and the main board.
3. Remove the cable from the Power supply to the main board.
4. From the pins on the main board (usually marked) short the marked
supply line to ground. Do the same to the Power Supply board.
Note: The whole idea is to discharge all the capacitors to reset
whatever data/info on the RAM to, at least, restart the system
for downloading.
5. Return back the cable from the Power Supply to the main board.
6. Connect the PC and plug the metabox and turn on the main power.
Do not push the front power button
7. Run the software and hopefully downloading will be a breeze.

All of that trick didn't solve my problem.

Please somebody tell me how to make my STB/receiver enable to reflash.
Thanks.

lunatik2x

VIP
is seem to be a technical problem, better for you to send your receiver to a specialized technician, don't try to do anything if you are not qualified.