couldnt mount HDD (selevision)

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
in the telnet screen type
cd\
then type
ping 192.168.1.3

see if it pings the receiver ok if not it could be the wrong cable ie you could be using a cross over cable instead of a straight through or vise virsa

grimed

Registered
20t5htk.jpg

i can ping the receiver but cannot telnet it!!

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Either there is some firewall on your pc blocking your telnet attempt to the box or more probable reason that stb doesn't have telnet daemon running on it at all.

Don't know anything about that box so as for me couldn't really suggest you anything better then check with their support.

grimed

Registered
dude i got no barrier in my pc...
yeah probably telnet daemon isn't installed in my STB

this is how my piece of junk look like
35corgy.jpg

2qteujr.jpg

15f38mg.jpg

soscc9.jpg

grimed

Registered
i can't visit their franchise either!!!
i bought this from saudi arabia,dammam nd right now i live in kuwait

dude is there any other possible way to get into my STB!!!
i mean suppose you got dreambox nd you can't telnet your STB like me then how you gonna get into the device??

Last edited:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You don't have to visit them. You can try emailing at:

Serial port can be used to communicate with the box, but doubt you could sort your problem with hdd over it even if you had an idea how to connect and what to do.

grimed

Registered
i already mailed them
they never respond me till now
301orid.jpg

anyways I've mailed them once again.
i know it's frustrating,i been bugging you all for long time.

let's do this one more time,Rocknroll i would like know the procedure to use serial port!!

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Don't think serial connection can be of any help to you. It doesn't allow you to do much with the box. It is mostly to rescue the box when something is damaged and can't be flashed. Like repair boot or something like that or change boot procedure.

Although you might use it for diagnosing the problem. Maybe it might suggest what is wrong and maybe help toward a solution.

But I don't know what the settings should be to connect to your box. For dreambox I think they are:
115200,8,n,1,Xon/Xoff
You use hyper terminal, and create new connection and choose connect using COM1 configured with values mentioned above. You connect serial cable from your pc to the stb and see if you get anything on hyperterminal once you reboot the box.

grimed

Registered
brummie nd rocknroll
i managed to mount my harddrive!!
i would like to enlighten few points so that other selevision's users dont encounter much problems
1st of all selevision doesn't support telnet
2nd sometimes HDD get locked due to reckless actions over it.in my case mine harddrive was locked.thanks to my crazy friend who figured that out :p
3rd harddisk should be formatted to EXT2
then update STB with V 1.8 through USB
now connect your HDD > turn on your STB > tannaaaahhhhhh!!!!you will find your precious harddrive mounted
thanks for the feeds guys :thum:
Pass to unlock the HDD:[WDC x 10] + [W] at the end

Last edited: