end? -BISS-CA Conditional Access Mode for BISS2

Ragnarok

Donating Member
2 years in I'm surprised that there hasn't been more movement.

I suspect many broadcasters just aren't that bothered and won't implement it until they have to change all there equipment for a better reason than this. As long as it's encrypted with any encryption even if it's not great and it stops people causally stumbling on to a feed. they are happy.

Others like the Premier League value there content more and are far more proactive in protecting it. Hence using Tandberg way before Biss2 even existed.

So I expect to see more high value content get an encryption upgrade and EBU feeds. Others may join in when the Equipment is in place and it's not a huge hassle to set up. I don't expect basic biss CW encryption to disappear completely

iq180

Registered
Well it will end when it does, none of us know when that will be, all things end, one door will close and another door will open as it allways has been.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
There will probably be a 1 year transition period in 2020, but by 2021 all the major feeds will be dense.

That would have been a great prediction if made in October, but given the announcement in November, it's just copy/paste.

But I expect the same as you - black screens forever - given that it's 2610 / BISS2-CA we are seeing, so cyclic session keys with management keys in decoder firmware.

kebien

Registered
Now the forum will be dead too !!
He he
Let's start feeling depress,all of us.
My question is where are you going to post such useful posts after the light goes out?

I can tell you some of us go really way back in this hobby,since the 90's,does not really matter what you want to say,we have heard it before,by many,and you don't find them around anymore,nor remember them.
It will happen the same to you.

efexor

Registered
digi knarf
You need to relax.
acting smart and insulting other members with no reason,you need to see a doc
Any lock unlocks,there has never been an encryption so secure not to be reversed for it not to work in any way..
the show will start showing on the World Cup feeds soon....
Oh and one other thing digi I am in this great forum from 2009
All the encryptions have upgraded several times in this journey.
But this forum will not die as you said and will be here when Biss 3-4-5
comes.....
cheers

Last edited:

kebien

Registered
I think is better to leave this thread open,in case closing it was considered.
Some valuable information,in spite of the doom predictions.
When people would realize that a situation analysis does not involve to mock and insult everyone?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i did not at all consider closing this topic but will remove all the off topic posts now .
hopefully can continue this topic as the originally intended discussions ,
cheers !

william-1

Feed Hunter
BISS-CA protocol

Eurovision Services has announced it will implement BISS-CA encryption across its Eurovision Global Network from 2020. After extensive testing and evaluation of available encryption systems, Eurovision Services has decided to adopt the alongside its existing proprietary HMCrypt system as the main technologies to protect transmissions on the Eurovision Global Network originating in teleports, SNGs and PoPs.:eek:

https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/head...es-to-implement-biss-ca-encryption-next-year/

Biss-CA protocol is bad enough but when this satellite starts Eutelsat Quantum with dynamic beam shaping feed hunting is going to be difficult with these Designer Footprints :mad:
https://news.eutelsat.com/blog_posts/four-things-you-should-know-about-eutelsat-quantum-69078

Last edited:

campag5242

Feed Hunter
I thought biss 2 was cracked
Not so. The EBU have published full specs of BISS2 algorithm for all modes 0/1/E/CA, enabling nautilus7 to add modes 1 & CA to oscam-emu. Of course the usual ncam etc bullshitters have copied it. But the keys are strong & secure by way of design: out-of-stream, RSA encrypted distribution.

Last edited:

Francescone

In your opinion, how many chances we have to continue to watch EBU feeds in short time? Or must we wait longer? Or never? Yes, never say never, but this is a very bad news.

kebien

Registered
In your opinion, how many chances we have to continue to watch EBU feeds in short time? Or must we wait longer? Or never? Yes, never say never, but this is a very bad news.

In 2018 people started the panic with the news of Biss2 in this thread.
In 2013 EBU published recommendations for providers to take and render Biss 1 keys search useless,from instructions posted in forums like this back in 2007,when biss search started.
For 13 years providers did nothing about it.
Now Biss2 works exactly the same as any other encryption,with an ECM and rolling keys.
The idea of every provider moving to new scheme is unpredictable,otherwise start reading from the beginning of this thread and you will see in 2+ years only few feeds started using this thing,when the doomers raised the black flag for everyone to see coming soon.
But "soon" was also said by Jesus,so who knows what "soon" mean.
Enjoy the present,the future is unknown,any prediction made by those that vigorously shouted that black was coming very soon failed so far.
I have no doubt one day will happen,just as I have no doubt nobody can say when (Jesus said too,btw).

Francescone

Yes, history seems with us you know. But my question was a little bit different (maybe I did not explain clearly). How many chance we have to crack BISS2? Thanks.

dmr0x

Registered
The biggest threat happened years ago when feeds were switched to ns3/ns4 which killed off alot of hq feeds.

biss 2 stands about as much chance of being cracked as the latest version of Tandberg does.

2020 was/is supposed to be the big roll out. There will be a cut off date for all rebroadcasters to have implemented the required hard/software upgrades.