Advice Needed

andyblac

Registered
hi all,

at the moment i have CubeRevo, i am not very happy with it, the DGS seems buggy and i can't run enigma2 on it as i need to use the internal card reader for my white sky card.

my question is this, would i be better upgrading to a VU+ Duo for use with Sky tv, and if i do could my cuberevo to connect to the Vu+ and share the card ?

chesers

andy.

Bacardi

Registered
I had the ipbox, and so glad i got Vu i don't end up complaining at my tv anymore. As the vu runs cccam you can use incubus on the revo to connect to it

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have never had a IPbox but i have heard of many IPbox users switching to the VU and been impressed with the stability and speed.

Ferret

andyblac

Registered
brill, well i will be placing order tomorrow then :), i will be back i'm for help setting the thing up :D

just wish i knew about this box 3 weeks ago, then i would not have purchase the cuberevo lol
Andy.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
brill, well i will be placing order tomorrow then :), i will be back i'm for help setting the thing up :D

just wish i knew about this box 3 weeks ago, then i would not have purchase the cuberevo lol
Andy.

Good choice mate, were here when you need help. Quickiest flashing method is via USB and the one we all use see the sticky at the top of this forum section.

Ferret

andyblac

Registered
cheers guy's just ordered it :), now i have to wait until the 3rd of may :(, as the 30th is a friday :( hehe

i am not a very patient person. :)

andy.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
So popular mate the manufacturers can not make them quick enough, all suppliers seem to be pre orders only.

It's worth the wait.

Ferret

Palinkat

Registered
You will not regret it. Had an Ipbox 9000HD myself and the VU+ is just another league. I will never look back!

Enjoy if you can get one!

digitech

Registered
cheers guy's just ordered it :), now i have to wait until the 3rd of may :(, as the 30th is a friday :( hehe

i am not a very patient person. :)

andy.

I hope you will get one of theese in May, in Scandinavia this brand is sold out already since the end of March and roumours are comming for long pre-ordered list from all distributors-
I'm so glad I purchased 2 units early in february, while the majority of satellite users were in doubt for this gear:D

andyblac

Registered
well, i have been told by my supplier, that i will have one from the next batch (version 2.2) due in on the 30th April :)

can;t wait :)

andy.

andyblac

Registered
don't know what is different, but version 1.3 had the black remote, i was told 2.2 had the white one again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Your right mate it does look like a board change.

I wish they would release details on what the changes are.

Ferret

Grtmoby

Registered
hello need your advice pls. i am one of those who are on the waiting list and while talking with others they highlighted some points for me that i need your opinion and advice about when compared to the dm8000.

1- vu can't and will not be able to do pip as the dm8000 for example.
2- vu is not a replacement for the dm8000 as for the build quality and functionality.
3- i feel like the dm8000 is outdated, being produced on late 2008 and no updated hardware yet (may b i am wrong but according to my search) where as the vu is being updated 1.2, 1.3 and now the 2.2. despite the fact that no one knows what is updated/modified.

if and just if, will you advice to get a dm8000 if affordable or will still get the vu.

thanks for your advice

Last edited:

digitech

Registered
Your right mate it does look like a board change.

I wish they would release details on what the changes are.

Ferret

I think they have solved the deepsleep issue in the new hardware revosjon. Do not think they have done some radical changes though.

Grtmoby

Registered
I think they have solved the deepsleep issue in the new hardware revosjon. Do not think they have done some radical changes though.

but this was supposed to be solved on the 1.3 revision, why the jump to 2.2 then!!!

so bad they don't say anything official about it...