Picon Logos Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Thx to lyngsat-logo.com and great possibilities of linux I managed to download logos from that site, converted them to png and resized them to 70x52 so they can be used for picon plugin, you still have to edit your picon.xml to add logos for channels you need. Here is files(providers) included:

add.zip
bulsatcom.zip
cabo.zip
canal+nl.zip
canaldigital1w.zip
canalsatfr.zip
cyfra+.zip
digital+.zip
digitalb.zip
digiturk.zip
digitv.zip
itvpartner.zip
kabeldeu.zip
maxtv.zip
nova.zip
orbit.zip
polsat.zip
premiere.zip
showtime.zip
skyit.zip
skyuk.zip
totaltv.zip
tps.zip
upc.zip
viasat.zip

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
It should be enough to add a picture in picon folder /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/picon/
and
/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/picon/lcd/
and then edit picon.xml with service name and image file name something like this:
<service name="zdf" png="zdf_de.png" />

I must say I haven't tried it yet so I can't claim this is 100% correct.

tahir85pk

Super VIP
thanks rock for the explanation if you are kin nough canyo alo compile a picon.ml for all channlsthks in advance

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
thanks rock for the explanation if you are kin nough canyo alo compile a picon.ml for all channlsthks in advance

Yeah right :)
That would be too much for me to do. It is pretty simple,it just needs time which I can't really spare.
And I just tested adding some of these and I relized that color depth I got after converting these logos is 16 bits. And seems that picon requires for logos to be 8 bits. I wasn't aware of that. I'll see if there is any way to change color depth of all these logos. And if there is I'll upload new pack.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok fixed them all and replaced attachment in first post, this was more work then I hoped for but never mind.
Just a small explanation on how to add a logo for some channel.
Lets take Filmnet 1 for example from nova greece package. You unzip nova.zip, then picon and lcd zips.
Then you upload a file called filmnet1.png from picon folder to
/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/picon/
folder on your dream
Then you take fimlnet1.png from lcd folder and upload it to
/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/picon/lcd
folder on your dreambox.
Then you need to edit picon.xml file to add a new service:

<service name="filmnet1" png="filmnet1.png" />

service name value can be found in:
/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/services
file on your dreambox. In most cases it is same name as the one you have for that channel in your channel list. But it doesn't have to always be the case.
I've attached picon.xml with just above mentioned channel added just to show what complete file looks like in case you don't have it on your dreambox already.
Anyway the result of it is that you get something like this when you zap to Filmnet 1 on hotbird.
Click on image to enlarge:

View attachment 4912

habib2535

Registered
in /var/tuxbox/config

Ok I did that using "France 2" service name found in my list of services

I also placed a floder named picon with the . png icons in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures as indicated above.

Finally i went to Extra seetings > General and set "picon" value in extra field.

I have an icon displayed in my skin but it is fixed logo: "the earth with "Provider icon" written on top "

What am I missing here ? Thanks

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok I did that using "France 2" service name found in my list of services

I also placed a floder named picon with the . png icons in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures as indicated above.

Finally i went to Extra seetings > General and set "picon" value in extra field.

I have an icon displayed in my skin but it is fixed logo: "the earth with "Provider icon" written on top "

What am I missing here ? Thanks

You also need lcd folder in picon folder, and lcd version of the image in that folder.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Yes... I have that as well... still no good

Then it is something related to image. It would be best if you could find picon available for download in that image addons download or find tarball for your image somewhere. Just to get picon working first, then you can play with adding new logos. Cause enabling picon differs from image to image. I found some tarball for colosseum image, installed it and had no problems getting it working.

habib2535

Registered
1. I am using Gemini 3.3. The image is allowing me to download picon but they are placed in /hdd/picon folder. Do I have to leave it there or move it as above in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/picon ?

2. I am also assuming that the .xml is converting the "France 2" service name to "france2.png" picon file. Or shoud I use the SAME name to be sure ?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
1. I am using Gemini 3.3. The image is allowing me to download picon but they are placed in /hdd/picon folder. Do I have to leave it there or move it as above in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/picon ?

2. I am also assuming that the .xml is converting the "France 2" service name to "france2.png" picon file. Or shoud I use the SAME name to be sure ?

You should use default folder for gemini if it is /hdd/picon, the path I wrote is what is used on colloseum. But let me boot gemini on my box and try to get it working then I'll get back with more.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Yep... I got it working using gemini provided picons not the one above

thanks for the support

Ok that saves me the trouble. I just realized I don't have gemini 3.30 installed. But you can add any channel by yourself, as long as you edit picon.xml and load 2 images in the right folders.

habib2535

Registered
I am still not able to get "France 2" logo

- 1 added the logo from your pack above in same picon folder
- I also added an lcd folder inside and put the corresponding lcd logo
- I also placed a picon.xml file in var/tuxbox/config with the following update
<service name="France 2" png="france2.png" />

I reboot my Gemini 3.3.... No logo is appearing when I zap to "France 2"!

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I am still not able to get "France 2" logo

- 1 added the logo from your pack above in same picon folder
- I also added an lcd folder inside and put the corresponding lcd logo
- I also placed a picon.xml file in var/tuxbox/config with the following update
<service name="France 2" png="france2.png" />

I reboot my Gemini 3.3.... No logo is appearing when I zap to "France 2"!

Try without capitals in service names:

<service name="france 2" png="france2.png" />

habib2535

Registered
i tried no luck...

I am wondering whether gemini is not ignoring my picon.xml file. may be it should be placed somewhere else...

also it is amazing that in the same package I can get some other services logo like bbc prime (without any special .xml instruction) but not france 2... may be icon's compatibility ???

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
i tried no luck...

I am wondering whether gemini is not ignoring my picon.xml file. may be it should be placed somewhere else...

also it is amazing that in the same package I can get some other services logo like bbc prime (without any special .xml instruction) but not france 2... may be icon's compatibility ???

You should check if there is picon.xml on any other location then the one you used. Or try removing some channel from picon.xml that is currently displaying logo for you, to make sure you have the right location. Or deleting .png file for that service to make sure you are using correct location for storing images.

Status
Not open for further replies.