Install latest firmware for DM800 with sim estar

chumxeed

Registered
How to Update DM800HD clone with e-star SIM installed to the latest released official firmware (Release 3.0.3 from 16.12.2010) as of the date created of this document.

Here How I’m did it.

1. Get The Firmware (currently supported as of 15/4/2011 is official release-dm800-3.0.3.nfi dated Dec 16, 2010) later version with driver version from march 2011 still not work with e-ster SIM, download it from //dreamboxupdate.com/

2. Convert the downloaded image with s-star's DreamConverter.exe V.3.1.0.0 download it from e-star-sim.com
3. Shutdown the DM800 Box from OSD Menu after the message safe to unplug, Unplug the box then wait 2 - 3 minutes to make sure that the capacitors are totally discharged. ( this may not necessary but mine having problem entering the firmware upgrade web interface if do it immediately after unplug)

4. Hold down the standby button on the box while plug in the power, continue hold down the button until the OLED display show stop message and it's IP Address

5. Open web browser (prefer Firefox but IE also work) point the browser to the IP address shown on the OLED screen

6. Click on the firmware upgrade link then click browse and browse to the converted image then click flash, wait until the browser show message 100% finished then click reboot button on the browser.

After the reboot perform the initial setup according to the wizard. BLUE Panel will not present in this image it need to perform the installation as followed

1. Download Gemini Wizard from the following link download.blue-panel.com/gemini3/g3_wizard
2. Use DCC to put the file to / on the DM800
3. Install it from Menu -> Settings -> Software -> local Extensions... -> InternalFlash -> Install -> green button
4. restart the GUI the install GeminiPlugin Blue -> Gemini3Wizard -> Install-GeminiPlugin

After finished the GP3 plugin will be installed but still can not install soft-cam because soft-cams are official banned in Gemini project, to enable soft-cam perform the following steps

1. down load file OneStep_GP3_Cam_Feed.rar from onestep.cc/wbb2/jgs_db.php?action=download&download_id=3142then unpack it
2. use DCC to put the file gp-cam-feed_0.3_mipsel.ipk to / on the DM800
3. Install it from Menu -> Settings -> Software -> local Extensions... -> InternalFlash -> Install -> green button
4. restart the GUI, the next thing is install selected cam from the bluepanel add-on installation.

**** Addiional WIFI Driver Installation ****

The official image include RT73 WiFi Adapter's Driver but can not use other USB WIFI Dongle. but I got an ASUS USB N10 (see the review in the following url: reviews.cnet.com/adapters-nics/asus-usb-n10-network/4505-3380_7-33948160.html[/url]) this is a small usb wifi 802.11n with 150 Mbps and low price as well. you need the driver to install on the new image I'll post how I'm install the driver for this usb wifi in the next post

Last edited by a moderator:

chumxeed

Registered
BTW. For whom need step to install it.

1. upload the installation package to / of the box with dcc
2. Install it from Menu -> Settings -> Software -> local Extensions... -> InternalFlash -> Install -> green button
3. in dcc switch to telnet the file should be install on to /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/extra the file name is 8712u.ko
move the file to /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/kernel/drivers/net using command mv /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/extr/8712u.ko /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/kernel/drivers/net
4. issue command depmod -a after the file moved
5. change current directory to /lib/firmware (cd /lib/firmware
6. create a new directory named RTL8192U (must be upper case) (mkdir RTL8192U) under firmware directory
7. upload the file rtl8192sfw.bin supplied from the ASUS USB N10 Driver CD to the directory created.
10. plug the wifi adapter on the box then reboot the box
11. config the wireless network in the setup menu

enjoy wirelessly

Edit:

you can download the driver required from the following link

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilGan

Registered
Hi,

Thank's for sending the link to the drivers ASUS N10 USB by PM.
I have a USB WiFi D-Link DWA-131 and i want to install it on my DM800.
It's the same driver is used.

Thank's for your help, Cordially.