Problem with new seca 3 coding from canal digitaal in the Netherlands.

johnvoorn

Registered
Hi all this month canal digital decided to change the coding system to seca 3 and they admit that many receivers can not handle this new code, My nb501 is now also black, first I was affright that the new rk files caused this but the problem is the new coding. Does any body know how to solve this problem, new cam firmware? Or can we throw the NB501 in the waste bin?

John

alex0373

Registered
you have a offical card?

test the cam patches black&decker, bruce&lee or james&bond

and make the contact from the card top side

Black&Decker : S02,FUN,GOLD,HRT,VIA 2 (1.Black/2.Decker)
JAMES BOND : S01,FUN,GOLD,VIA 2,IRDETO (1.James/2.Bond)
Bruce LEE : S01,FUN,GOLD,VIA 2,IRDETO,CONAX (1.Bruce/2.Lee)

best Regards, Alex0373

searose

Registered
Dear Alex0373, thank you for your reaction, I have exactly the same problem with my Neotionbox 501. What do you mean with: make the contact from the card top side??? I have black and decker, always worked perfect but now only black screen since Canal digitaal changed to seca3.

dendos

Registered
The new seca3 card will be distributed in jan 2009 and the old one will be working till april 30.

jvdb

Registered
you have a offical card?

test the cam patches black&decker, bruce&lee or james&bond

and make the contact from the card top side

Black&Decker : S02,FUN,GOLD,HRT,VIA 2 (1.Black/2.Decker)
JAMES BOND : S01,FUN,GOLD,VIA 2,IRDETO (1.James/2.Bond)
Bruce LEE : S01,FUN,GOLD,VIA 2,IRDETO,CONAX (1.Bruce/2.Lee)

best Regards, Alex0373

Wil one of these cam patches the solution for my seca 3 (card) problem??

searose

Registered
Black and Decker does not work with the new seca 3 in my case. We need an expert to help the Dutch with this new seca 3challenge......

JamesE

Registered
I don't know if this related but sometime in November my Technomate 1500 CI+ stopped decoding Ned1-3 with it's inbuilt multiCAM. RTL4, 5 SBS6 etc. continued to work. The card, proper official set top box packet, would work in a Matrix CAM correctly. It got its update on 4th December as normal but still would not decode Ned1-3. I did a Technomate software update (dated 27th November - interesting!) and now all is well. Can anyone shed light on this?