Cuberevo & Pc editor

Replay

Registered
Hi, could someone help me please :mecry:

I got my Cuberevo two days ago and reading around here I figured how to flash the sif R8264 image using a USB cable.
I have "PC editor" V1.2.46 beta12 which support DB version R8118.

But It just would not communicate with the box:mad:

Tried to ping the box from "PC editor" and it works. but can not ftp download the database from the box for editing. I get the message
"Error loading database
A connection with the server could not be established".

Tried the USB database download.. this failed also with a message "USB is not connected. Try again!"

My settings are:

pcedit1kh7.jpg

:confused:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Sifteam password isn't relook unless you changed it to it. By default think they don't use any password. You can telnet to the box to change it to whatever you want or try leaving it blank in Pceditor.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
sifteam password is "relook". it is by default.
Thanks.

Well it wasn't on Sifteam I was using but ok.
You could check ip on ipbox to make sure everything is correct there, and try if you can download some addon from sif menu to make sure your box has got network connection(providing it is got internet access).

Sotiris70

Registered
As @Rocknroll wrote, the Sifteam images don't use any password by default.
To have full access to box, by using Pceditor, you have to change the password.

@Replay, open DCC, put only your Ip address, leave the password as it is (dreambox) and you'll see you can enter in the box (ftp and telnet)with that password

Last edited:

Replay

Registered
I did dowload some plugin so it is fine from that end.
Also using DCC I can ftp with no problems using "root @ relook".
looking at the security settings in the Webinterface the FTP username is "root" and password is "relook".

Haladini

Registered
You need a USB cable, similar to USB Printer cable,,, to connect box to the USB client on the back of the IP9000/Cuberevo

For the First time you need to install the drivers on your computer, this only needs done the first time.

1. Download Flashtools
2. Turn box off using power switch at back.
3. connect between box and pc with usb cable
4 . Turn box on
5. Press and keep holding the front power button and press 'UP direction' button on the front panel until you see "USB UPDATE" appear on the LCD screen.
6. PC detects new hardware IMPORTANT to install the USB driver here
7. driver installation Wizard appears
8. Select install from a list or specific location( advanced ) and click Next
9. Select "include this location in the search" and click browse
10. designate the folder at C:/program files/Flash_tools/ and click next........ ( Or elsewhere if you installed flashtools elsewhere )
11. Wizard will search and find the driver
12. should find "USB FOR VESTA ",, click next,

^^ in Vista you may get a warning at this point saying it could be an unsafe driver, but ignore that and tell it to continue the installation.

13. Click finish when done

-----------

flashing
1. Have box and pc connected by USB cable
2. Your STB has to be in 'USB UPGRADE' mode
- See above steps 1-5
3. Run Flashtools programme
4. Select USB and check the USB connected in the Message window
5. Designate the image that you want to flash to the box by pressing File
6. Click down and wait for DONE to appear on the lcd front of the box
-Should do Downloading..... on pc
then look at box front will do ERASING.......FLASHING.... dont touch nothing till it says DONE.
press power button or reboot box

Enjoy!

Replay

Registered
Haladini, Thanks for your input. But I have no problem connecting the receiver to the PC via USB cable. like I said I did manage to flash the receiver using USB cable. the problem is PC editor will not communicate with the box thru USB cable. The creator of the program JonDoe in another forum said it doesn't work yet.

I can Telnet using the PCeditor. thrugh that I managed to change the password to "relook" just to make sure it is like the default on the browser and the programs settings. but still I can not ftp using PC editor. I can do that using other programs like DCC.

I have no clue what the problem is. :confused:
Is there another program/way to back up or edit the settings in the Cuberevo?

Sotiris70

Registered
Haladini, Thanks for your input. But I have no problem connecting the receiver to the PC via USB cable. like I said I did manage to flash the receiver using USB cable. the problem is PC editor will not communicate with the box thru USB cable. The creator of the program JonDoe in another forum said it doesn't work yet.

I can Telnet using the PCeditor. thrugh that I managed to change the password to "relook" just to make sure it is like the default on the browser and the programs settings. but still I can not ftp using PC editor. I can do that using other programs like DCC.

I have no clue what the problem is. :confused:
Is there another program/way to back up or edit the settings in the Cuberevo?

@Replay, another way to send your settings to box is:

ftp the db.dat to your box in /var
and name file: db.dat.edited

and reboot for changes to take effect

alalifa

Registered
I had the same problem with PC Editor. When I assigned a location to save the data in, all worked fine. try it,

jak2

Registered
hi
I am instal SIF8340

PC-Editor perablem

FTP Databas Download from IPbox OK

FTP Databas UPLOAD to IPbox perablem

ٍError Databas
I download Last version 1.2.46.Beta12
WHY ?

Ross_37

Registered
I have been reading your post of connecting the PC editor to my IPBox as l have exactly the same problem did the suggestion from Sotiris70 work for you. I have tried this with out sucess.
Ross_37

Replay

Registered
I have been reading your post of connecting the PC editor to my IPBox as l have exactly the same problem did the suggestion from Sotiris70 work for you. I have tried this with out sucess.
Ross_37

I have changed the password but still cant ftp using PC editor.

A workaround is to ftp the file db.dat (you will find it in VAR) using other ftp programs (eg. DCC)and once saved on the PC, you can open it with PC editor and ftp back to the stb.

I still found som problem within PC editor.
you can rearrange the groups but the stb will NOT accept the new arrangement! so delete all groups from the stb before importing the file and create new groups with your arrangment.

Also the channels arrangment within a group could differ once exported to the stb, so you will need to rearrange some within the box itself. at least that was my experience.

Ross_37

Registered
IP9000 & PC Editor

I have managed to get theses talking sucessfully
Telnet is Login: root Password: ipbox Webif is login: root Password: relook

Hope this helps

I managed to get this working but when l then used it to change the groups and send it to the IP9000 db.dat it went sucessfully but then when l rebooted the box it did not show the new group.

tonysuffolkuk

Registered
I have never used PCEditor before and wish I had learnt it as I just upgraded the S/W on my CubeRevo and had to reconfigure everything. I am now trying to learn PCEditor - an I am a novice at these things - and want to transfer, by USB, the info from the STB to my PC for editing. I have the PC & STB connected but when I ask to upload the data to the PC I get a response that it cannot find the size of the database. Can anyone help or is there a link to "How to do" everything with PCEditor?

MrTrapper

Registered
In PCEditor there is a function, to do, a backUP of the img. or even to flash a new img. using PCEditor...
For me is interesting to get a img.backUP,(with all datas You did: like ch.settings, sattelits settings, CS datas, A/V settings, etc..), like we can do, with old good Dreamboxes (DB 7000 etc..)
So, is it possible to do it, and did anyone succeded to make a img. backUP..I tried but, not succeded, cos every time I got msg. in FTP: "wrong psw."
With same psw., I made without problems, a channel settings, backUP...!
Rgs!
MrTrapper