Harddisk setup

sander

Registered
Hi,

Another question.
I have my IPbox for a week now and today a harddisk arrived and I installed it. It works fine, but when I go to the Advanced Setup menu, the option 'HDD Setup' is still greyed out.

I checked the manual but that said nothing about setup, only about how to install the HDD hardware into the IPbox.

So, what should I do to be able to use my HDD?

All tips will be appriciated.

Sander

ararat

Hi,

Another question.
I have my IPbox for a week now and today a harddisk arrived and I installed it. It works fine, but when I go to the Advanced Setup menu, the option 'HDD Setup' is still greyed out.

I checked the manual but that said nothing about setup, only about how to install the HDD hardware into the IPbox.

So, what should I do to be able to use my HDD?

All tips will be appriciated.

Sander

I'm not an expert, but ... did you perhaps forget to format your HDD before installing it ?
In case the ipbox does the formatting of a new installed HDD itself (I don't know, because I intend to order my box next week and don't posses one,yet) or if your HDD was formatted - forget my post. :thum:

sander

Registered
I guess I was thinking too much like consumer, when I saw 'Setup HDD' in the OSD.
I'll take this opportunity to practice my Linux skills and format the disk myself.

cheers,

Sander

Bacardi

Registered
i installed my 1tb drive today, i just plugged it on and powered up. The box said prepairing hdd and it then allowed me to access all the menu functions. I assume it reserves some space for time shift etc as i only have 860ish gb left to record on.

sander

Registered
I've been ill for a few days. Tried to get the HDD to work again last night.

When i try 'fdisk /dev/hda' it will respond
'Unable to open /dev/hda'

I opened the box and checked the power and SATA cables but the all look fine. I can here the drive spinning, so i know it has power.

Why is my box not recognizing the HDD?
I feel like a total noob.
Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Sander

Jesco

Registered
Try another

Hi, my Box didn't WD 2,5" recognize, now with Samsung is OK.
Good luck.

peram

Registered
I've been ill for a few days. Tried to get the HDD to work again last night.

When i try 'fdisk /dev/hda' it will respond
'Unable to open /dev/hda'

I opened the box and checked the power and SATA cables but the all look fine. I can here the drive spinning, so i know it has power.

Why is my box not recognizing the HDD?
I feel like a total noob.
Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Sander

I´m no expert, but do you have a SATA-II disk ?

If so try to set transfer-speed to 1,5 Mb/s and not 3.

I dont think the box support SATA-II.

HTH

peram