DreamUp/JapherFlasher - DM800

Bengal

Registered
I have the dreaded "No CA Found" problem.

I have tried using various versions of DreamUp and JapherFlaser v1.0 using a null modem cable.

However, neither DreamUp or JapherFlasher will communicate with my DM800.

Any ideas?

Your help would me very much appreciated.

Edit: Should have added that I have checked that software is set to the correct Com Port.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have the dreaded "No CA Found" problem.

I have tried using various versions of DreamUp and JapherFlaser v1.0 using a null modem cable.

However, neither DreamUp or JapherFlasher will communicate with my DM800.

Any ideas?

Your help would me very much appreciated.

Edit: Should have added that I have checked that software is set to the correct Com Port.

You need to use null modem cable and ethernet cable this puts the box in recover mode HTTP and give you an IP to reflash with.

Bengal

Registered
Ferret, thanks.

I have tried that, but still not having any joy. I noticed that the two lights either side of the ethernet port remain on constantly, is this supposed to happen?

I am at work at the moment but will give it another go this evening.

Bengal

Registered
Have tried again with both the null modem cable and Ethernet cable (via router) connected, and still no comms between PC and box.

Have also tried the "different method" but get message saying the image file is "to big".

Last edited:
T

teakwondo

Did you install "USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port Driver", once it gives you the virtual Port use that in DreamUp/JapherFlasher

Bengal

Registered
Have just downloaded that and installed it. Rebooted computer and opened DreamUp/JapherFlasher but can't see a virtual com port, just shows the usual com 1 and com 3.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Did you install "USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port Driver", once it gives you the virtual Port use that in DreamUp/JapherFlasher

That driver is not needed on the DM800HD only needed on models with service port not com port.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You need to tick network if it is then the IP addresses are not right or a comport issue.

Bengal

Registered
Hmm, I've tried the use network approach and if the IP's not correct then this could be a long process to try and find the correct IP.

I too was thinking possible comport issue, is there anyway to test it?

I have ordered a new null modem cable as well, just in case the one I have isn't working properly.

If the comport is faulty, is there another way around it?

Bengal

Registered
I just ran a test on my com port and it seems to be working fine.

Tried dreamup and guess what it now connected to DM.

Am flashing an image (SSL84A) but I suspect this is an older box with a sim 2 in it.

Now having a read around there is a suggestion that the max bootloader for the older sim2 is SSL76.

I've had a look for SSL76 images but would like one with the bootloader so that I don't end up with the CA Not Found issue again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I just ran a test on my com port and it seems to be working fine.

Tried dreamup and guess what it now connected to DM.

Am flashing an image (SSL84A) but I suspect this is an older box with a sim 2 in it.

Now having a read around there is a suggestion that the max bootloader for the older sim2 is SSL76.

I've had a look for SSL76 images but would like one with the bootloader so that I don't end up with the CA Not Found issue again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sim1 takes upto ssl72
Sim2 upto 84b

Why not take the lid off and see what sim you actually have its seems as though your guessing at the moment.

Bengal

Registered
Ferret, I have taken the sim out and it is a Sim2 (ie not 2.01).

I flashed 84a and it took it fine, but when I tried flashing an 84a image I got a message saying invalid image (or old version) which suggested that the sim is an old version.

This image works perfectly fine on my other boxes with a Sim2.01.

I found a 72 bootloader, flashed that no problem and could only find a sim1 #72 image.

So thought, what have I got to lose, flashed that across no problem, but now on boot up, it either sticks at or takes an age to get past the Dream multimedia screen and then the screen on the box flashes part way through the boot up process and the red light continually flashes.

Perhaps what I need is a Sim2 #72 or #84a image as opposed to a Sim2.01 image.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ferret, I have taken the sim out and it is a Sim2 (ie not 2.01).

I flashed 84a and it took it fine, but when I tried flashing an 84a image I got a message saying invalid image (or old version) which suggested that the sim is an old version.

This image works perfectly fine on my other boxes with a Sim2.01.

I found a 72 bootloader, flashed that no problem and could only find a sim1 #72 image.

So thought, what have I got to lose, flashed that across no problem, but now on boot up, it either sticks at or takes an age to get past the Dream multimedia screen and then the screen on the box flashes part way through the boot up process and the red light continually flashes.

Perhaps what I need is a Sim2 #72 or #84a image as opposed to a Sim2.01 image.

Sim2 and sim 2.1 are the same thing mate 84b images and bootloader work on both of them i know 100% ive had both.

Boxes that stick during the boot process are showing signs of hard ware trouble take tuner out see if it boots, if it wont change psu to another one.

Bengal

Registered
Ah Ok. So on that basis, 84a image should work.

Will remove tuner and try changing PSU to see if that's causing the problems.