Barry Allen help

p1yke

Registered
I have been having a few problems with Barry Allen so I thought I would see if any of the forum users could help me.

Barry allen is installed and evrything works fine, my only issude is when I load an alternative image I am unable to detect my tuner hence I am unable to get any sort of picture, I have now tried Oozoon and SIF team image. Seconly, on the boot up screen of Barry Allen how do you selcet which image to load as up and down will not allow me to select anything and it boots the flash image, the only way I can boot an alternative image is via the Barry Allen menu boot options.

Any ideas?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

It sounds to me like you have image on multi-boot with a different OE to the one in your flash. As for you not been anle to choose a image on the slash sreen due to the remote not working that was a issue with some older BA versions.

Do you have a original 800 or a clone?

I suggest you flash one of the latest images in the flash of your 800 and then use the latest image on usb too.

Ferret

p1yke

Registered
I have Newnigma 3.1.1 patched by Rami on the flash which I am under the understanding is a 1.6OE and the images I have tried in Barry Allen 5.1.44 O.E 1.6 have been the new image from oozoon and the latest form the SIF team which I believe are also OE1.6.

I currently have a clone DM 800 and really want to expierience the full force of the Barry Allen plugin but I am currently setting up each image pretty much from scratch.

I hope the above makes sense. Cheers for your help ferret, you and the boys are making the dreambox a pure pleasure due to all your help and the patches by Rami

sat24eb

Registered
I had a same problem. I was not able to navigate from the Barry Allen start screen to chose an image from the multiboot.
This happen because I installed another image on flash.
In this case Barry Allen is not able to support totally the images on the multiboot.
The only solution I found is to reinstall everything from scratch and it works again.

regards

p1yke

Registered
The path I have taken so far was to install on the flash Newnigma 3.1.1 patched by Rami, I then installed BA through the tmp folder and then installed via plugins etc, I did not them re install Newnigma again, I just ran BA. Should I try and reinstall Newnigma on top of BA and see what happens.

If it is all correct and working, am i right to assume that the channels etc should be present and available to view rather than going through the usual set up.

Thanks for you help

M4ddy

Registered
i think you must change the device level of you remote control in the barry allen menue

p1yke

Registered
Sorry for sounding totally incompitent but I have seen no menu inside Barry Allen regarding contoller setup, could you give me a clue as to where to go

p1yke

Registered
Am I correct in thinking that there is new protection on these new images and they need to be broken for Barry Allen plugin to work properly with them?

StacK

Registered
Sorry for sounding totally incompitent but I have seen no menu inside Barry Allen regarding contoller setup, could you give me a clue as to where to go

Barry Allen - Wizard for Setup - Boot device - Event 0

southadam

Registered
yes this is also happend to me change remote level and keep rebooting until you will have the good one