Picture Quality is much more important to buy a box than emu's plug-ins and nice skin

Relook_400

Mate,

I just like to say to everyone who’s don’t have it yet but like to buy this box in the nearly future and like to already know much more about his picture quality before he/she decid to buy it and of course this part is much more important and dependent than the wholly emu’s and plug-ins or some nice skin looks.

I must admitted it that the picture quality of this VU+Dou box was really disappoint but only with the Masters Black hole image is super but still not extremely sharp yet as i like it but almost in that edge of perfection ;)

I “hate” every box with poorer picture quality sell on the market and why should men spend a “lot of” money on such cheapest made box’s… right???
So men have the right to have a super good picture and build quality box if he/she spend more money to get it back from what he/she spend on!

All in all the Black Hole image thanks to the Masters of it make me more than happy with it then before coz it was not so super as it should to be for such brand new receiver with a newer “cpu & machine” as it is now, it was much more brightens and unsharp untight with a lot of distribution and noisy picture which was really disappoint buy as I already thought before this Holy image!

Thanks a huge again to the makers of this Black holy image :clapping: :thum:

BrGd

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Well mate

Ill disagree with you but i only have a DM800 to compare the VU+ too.

HD picture quality blows my 800 away on the same TV. The SD picture quality of the VU+ is slightly worse than my 800 but it is marginal.

Im sure when Dream Elite VTI PLI get going on these images and include the tweaks in the AV menu that the Dreambox images have it will match my 800 in SD.

I have no complaint at all ive not used my 800 since the postman dropped the VU off.

Ferret

Bacardi

The picture compared to my ipbox is superb. Not only that but it does not crash like my ipbox

Relook_400

Well mate,

First of all disagree -or agree- with the opinion is very healthy to start a good thought of reply here.

As you already mentioned in your reply you have only one1 receiver to compare with it and it was a poor quality made box as the rest of all cheapest build ever so called DMM or it was a nightmare boxes… Right?

(I had 4 of so called new gen of these nightmares in the past!!)

But the SD (and also the HD was not so super compare to or as other hd receivers) picture in the very beginning was really unsharp (and its still not so sharper as it should to be and to expect it from a brand new receiver!!) with as i already said a lot of distribution and noisy if you had have good looking to around the vices or around the logo’s right up in the corner and also to the subtitles you should seen that so absolutely not crisp/tight as it should to be mate!

(almost 95% of all the broadcasts still in SD form!!)

But now and thanks to the Great masters of the Black Holy image is much better now and a littlebit sharper as it can -?- then before compare to pli/vti images so now i don’t have to sell my VU+ Duo as i already did with a lot of poor picture receivers that i got here, otherwise it was out of the list here because in the first and second place coming is the picture quality and that what men should looking to it and not to the emu’s and or a plug-ins or some nice skins when men watching a nice movie, beside of that fact men doesn’t using any main menu or any plug-ins when he/she watching a movie… Right? Otherwise why they made a LED or 3D tv’s its because of the picture quality to make it extremely superb more and more as it can… Right???

Ps: it was not and never a complaint mate but a hard fact if the receiver or any receivers on the market today gives a bad and poor picture quality did you called that a complaint or a fact when you read a post?!?!?

Anyways thanks to you all for your nice contribution mate :thum:

BrGd

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,
On picture quality its subjective, also down to the other things in your system like TV quality.

I think we will all have different makes of TV and our tastes in contrast and brightness will differ greatly not one size fits all.

Has for my thoughts the picture from this unit is better then my S_Y HD dox and technomate 6900, I'm very happy with it and cannot find fault with my viewing.

Regards
:D :thum:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Well mate,

First of all disagree -or agree- with the opinion is very healthy to start a good thought of reply here.

As you already mentioned in your reply you have only one1 receiver to compare with it and it was a poor quality made box as the rest of all cheapest build ever so called DMM or it was a nightmare boxes… Right?

DMM a cheap nightmare box?

Sure the hardware in DMM receiver is not the best of all the Linux receivers. But they use the best combination of chipset and CPU. But calling them a nightmare :eek: no they are a Dream :D And probably the most stable Linux box around.

One thing to remember is regardless of owning DMM VU or other the Linux scene does owe DMM a lot for the development of E1 and E2.

Ferret

Dr.Dream

I have this recievers to compare with VU+
VU+ vs DM800 = vu+ mutch better on HD slight worst on SD
VU+ vs DM8000 = vu+ same results with dm800
VU+ vs QBOXHD = vu+ better on SD and HD
VU+ vs coolstream = vu+ better on SD but worst on HD

My opinion is that vu+ have better quality on HD exept of my cooli box:thum:

Relook_400

Mate,

Huhuhu… i’m always wrong mate if am talking about the picture quality of any receivers especially when or if men in valve in some names and marketing receivers… got it? ;) :D

I was -wasss lucky and- 1one of the first rang guys that bought/buying the first shipment (pallet) of the DM7000 a nightmare box from the dealer himself (Not from a sat shops around the country and or from the net!!) so I’m 100% sure about what I’m talking here about mate!!

Is Linux DMM Company? If the answer is yes? Enigma is open source to every Linux freak only the drivers are another story’s that’s right and if you have the code/source to/of it and you are a Linux guy with a lot of acknowledge of dvb things you can do (build) your own staff (images) with it… as far as I already knows.

DMM company stolen the ideas of MM9500S (bought it in 1995) with that hobby software and from the DBox2 too and then putting them in a very cheapest component (except: CPU) receiver build which I ever seen in my wholly hobby life from the ’90 until now and then called him a Nightmare box… that is a fact -my- mate whether you like it or not!?!?!

BrGd

(On picture quality its subjective, also down to the other things in your system like TV quality)

I’m volley agree with you mate but what should you say about a tv Plasma of the year 2008 connected with the very expansive Monser HD cable is that enough to you mate to judging the picture quality or should I buy a 3D tv to see the SD (and HD) much more sharper & crisper as it should to be and not so “blurred”? :D

BrGd

To all :thum:

dertom

Registered
I think that the picture quality is very much dependent on your display and output of the receiver (whether scart, hdmi or something else). It is also completely dependent on the images and graphic drivers in it.
I am about to change my Kathrein UFS910, which is a bit outdated. Nevertheless it has a great picture quality on original images (not only in my opinion), but not on E2. The point is that Vu+ comes from the same manufacturer as Kathy, namely Marusys.
After reading these posts and similar in other forums I am really close to order a Vu+. Just wonder should it be one with or without internal HDD (loud fan?).

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You never here the fan in the VU. I have a internal HDD and there are no heat problems there is so much space in there.

Ferret

dertom

Registered
Good to know. It seems that this box is out stock everywhere. Have to wait till 15.3 at least :mecry:

Gman2oo6

Registered
The picture compared to my ipbox is superb. Not only that but it does not crash like my ipbox

Lol i think you have it wrong
( atleast if you mean the ipbox 9000 )
Ipbox 9000 did crash allot at the start
but now it runs just fine ( at least at my place )
Pic quality is better with VU box ?
I muss fully disagree with you
The ipbox still has the best pic quality in my eyes
on SD and HD !! ( the first releases )
I have the VU box and its just a little to much differences
in quality especial on SD
the Ipbox 9000 beats it without sweating !

Bacardi

Lol i think you have it wrong
( atleast if you mean the ipbox 9000 )
Ipbox 9000 did crash allot at the start
but now it runs just fine ( at least at my place )
Pic quality is better with VU box ?
I muss fully disagree with you
The ipbox still has the best pic quality in my eyes
on SD and HD !! ( the first releases )
I have the VU box and its just a little to much differences
in quality especial on SD
the Ipbox 9000 beats it without sweating !

You must have a different 9000 than most others, alot of people complain of the effect effect (crashing) and still do. I wonder why so many of us a dropping the ipbox in favour of the VU+

Gman2oo6

Registered
You must have a different 9000 than most others, alot of people complain of the effect effect (crashing) and still do. I wonder why so many of us a dropping the ipbox in favour of the VU+

Don't know
I'm running PGI 0.5 and its online now from the moment i flashed it with this img 12-01-2010
before that i used NLB but because off the delay in releasing new firm i switched to PGI

The Software for the Vu+ beats the Ipbox
but the hardware from the Ipbox will beat the Vu+
( and i don't mean the proc or mem )

vasconi

Registered
It's not all about the hardware.
The codecs are very important.
For example: In IPbox,with E2 0.8.0 you'll have better picture quality than E2 0.6.0
Why,better image installed with better codecs.
There are so many different versions of E2 or other images,so you'll not be able to judge only by hardware for these linux receivers.

dfdreM

Registered
Picture Quaility.

I do see a decrease in SD quality on the VU+ from what I'd expect.

I installed the auto resolution plugin and set it to 720p and did notice an improvement on SD content.

I did a quick TV change to compare to my scart connected Sky and there isnt much difference.

A lot of it is you are getting used to the HD picture and are spotting how bad the SD is that you have been viewing all along.

Wiggy

Registered
I dont see any difference between VU+ and SLY+ HD, but my son thought that the VU+ is a bit sharper.

Relook_400

Mate,

First of all i like to thank you all for your nice contributions!

I really most "agree" with all of you guys because of the fact of how you judging the picture quality from your side of seen and -the use of tv but- if you have had a lot of experience from having a lot of other -but superb- receivers from the past and also from the time been then you shall/should judge it right… Right!?!?

As a simple example to following me mate: Driving an Ford car is Not like Driving an Mercedes Benz or Audi 4/6 (TDI) … Right???

The fact is that the PQ of this baby -DM *Killer?- machine is very good to called it and sometimes is really good sharp too but that is depending on the quality of the huge BitRate and the studio (very expensive studio = excellent sharpest PQ!!) and the using of the cam’s and lighting and a new pro movie types and machine so not only from himself.

But from the most of the channels which I always very good watched it before I say any words about it or about any other receivers was on the market and before I give any judgment (day) on it I give it a chance of a few -3- days and from the most watchable satellite and also from the bad and poor signals quality to say the last words on it. So it’s not so easy too or for some involves sat shops to except the fact if men judging them “own” products as well!

As I in the beginning of the starting of this topic clearly said that the picture quality of this new baby -DM*Killer!!- is very good but still not really sharper enough to compare it with the leaders of superb build quality receivers machines.

But the price quality ratio is also super good to called except the tuner sensitivity is a little bit weaker as usually expected from a one single chip set compare to other new and also old receivers with los tuners like the sharps tuners… unfortunately they did not give this important part of any good receiving receiver build a real attention at all but they make it more likely for the Astras + HotBirds satellites.

If you asking me should I buy it? My answer is: Absolutely YES mate!!

*= Price + Build + Picture Quality + Image + RC response is excellent to called it… but ofcourse there is still a few works (around) in the (Vu+) shop… I hope when they decide to Re-building a new Vu+ Duo+ is the build will be much better to all of kinds of use and expectation :thum:

Wish you all all the best and a very hobby / happy watching times with yours Vu+Duo mate. :clapping:

BrGd