URGENT HELP NEEDED

erhano

Registered
I am a new ClarkeTech5000C user and I had a serious problem recently. I tried to upgrade its firmware to 179p but I made a mistake and uploaded "CTECH5000CPLUS-beta-026p" instead "CTECH5000C-179p" which I found it on "www.np-ulc.net". Now the receiver has black screen and even it's power light doesn't lit.
I have tried to upload firmware via RS232 with "ctechup" but
I couldn't succeed. When I try to connect PC to STB it says "version 026 detected" or "incompatible model" and it does nothing else. I connect PC to STB with cross RS232 cable.
Can anyone help me on the subject??
I will very much appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

shqipe

Registered
unfortunately x you you have modified the boot, test has to try firmware 001 orig I try to insert it ctechup

erhano

Registered
I couldn't understand what to do? You mean thah I should upload firmware 001 boot? Where I can find it and how should I upload it to receiver?

erhano

Registered
Help Needed

Can anyone help me? My CT5000C is dead now and I can't do anything. I can not connect PC to STB with "ctechup" for uploading the firmware.

pappaert

Registered
I HAVE THE SOLUTION BUT CANNOT IT SAY IN ENGLISH BUT IN DUTCH. With software of DR HD F16 FIRMWARE VERSION has had the same problem 26, but now goes he again on firmware of clarck tech

pappaert

Registered
1. CT at the main switch switch on 2. in the time where Loader in the display runs those menu and the UP (arrow upward) key at the receiver at the same time presses (in the display factory RESET appears? of /press ok) 3. with SELECT key at the receiver confirm (it runs in the display processing! - Receiver starts after processing automatically (start UP)

1. CT am Hauptschalter einschalten
2. in der Zeit wo Loader im display läuft die Menü und die Up (pfeil nach oben) Taste am Receiver gleichzeitig drücken (im Display erscheint factory reset? /press ok)
3. mit Select-Taste am Receiver bestätigen (es läuft im Display processing! - Receiver startet nach Processing automatisch (start up)

dareyou

Registered
soluzione

hi erhano,
la soluzione è semplice allora fai così

1: spegni il deco staccalo dalla presa della corrente
2: inserisci lo spinotto rs232 dietro il deco fai partire ctechupP191

3: inserisci il firmware e poi sempre fai connect
4: una volta fatto connect riattacca la spina alla presa dela corrente e così facendo dovrebbe partire in download del firm e resettare il deco con impostazioni di fabbrica

non posso passarti i file perchè non ho la possibilità mi dispiace!!!

ivan-ivan

Registered
Try updating software again.. If it doesn't help try original SW.

If you used USB, now you need serial cable.

1-Turn receiver complet off,
switch backside....remove all card,cam,cable scart antena...etc...etc

2-Use THIS loader with the nulmodemkabel.

3-Choice the software and push connect.
AFTER.... turn on the receiver with the
switch on the backside.

:thum:

Last edited:

erhano

Registered
pappaert, dareyou and ivan-ivan,
Thank you all for your help on the subject. I have tried everything you said but it didn'worked. The main problem is that there is no light on STB display after I load the firmware "CTECH5000CPLUS-beta-026". Therefore I couldn't RESET the receiver. Than I tried the connect PC to STB with nulmodemkabel(RS232 Serial Data Cable) and run the "ctechup 1.9.3" upload program. I seems that there is a connection because program windows says "Version 026 detected" and on the top it says "Found STB on COM1" but COM1 and COM3 flashes one after another and upload doesn't start.
I don't know what to do now and there is no ClarkeTech Service where I live. :confused:
Does anyone know any other way to make the receiver work??

ivan-ivan

Registered
Maybe you Comport its not set in wright way....

(For Xp)...

Open start..
Control Panel...
Performance and maintenance...
Administrative Tools...
double click on Computer management....

and set Comport in this way...

Bit per second 115200
Data bit 8
Parity:none
Stop bits:1
Flow control: none

:thum:

And TRY Again....Bye..

kargo.25

Super VIP
I am a new ClarkeTech5000C user and I had a serious problem recently. I tried to upgrade its firmware to 179p but I made a mistake and uploaded "CTECH5000CPLUS-beta-026p" instead "CTECH5000C-179p" which I found it on "www.np-ulc.net". Now the receiver has black screen and even it's power light doesn't lit.
I have tried to upload firmware via RS232 with "ctechup" but
I couldn't succeed. When I try to connect PC to STB it says "version 026 detected" or "incompatible model" and it does nothing else. I connect PC to STB with cross RS232 cable.
Can anyone help me on the subject??
I will very much appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

You have to install first:)

Last edited:

erhano

Registered
Thanks for your answers. I have tried everything but no succeers.
The main problem is that there is no light on the front display after the wrong firmware. I can make the connection with RS232 but download doesn't start. There is no repair service here for ClarkeTech, unfortunately. Is there any other solution?

kargo.25

Super VIP
Thanks for your answers. I have tried everything but no succeers.
The main problem is that there is no light on the front display after the wrong firmware. I can make the connection with RS232 but download doesn't start. There is no repair service here for ClarkeTech, unfortunately. Is there any other solution?

hi, i only know that you have to put in first the bootloader tool, after that the CT Soft...

Maybe yout have a wrong attitude from the COM Port?

If this isn´t the Problem, I don´t know what´s the Problem, sorry

erhano

Registered
I have tried eveything but receiver doesn't work. No lights on front panel. I think that flash has to be reloaded. Therefore "flash dump" file is needed. Does anyone know that programming the flash with J-Tag works? If the answer is yes, how can it be done? How can I find flash dump file?

kargo.25

Super VIP
I have tried eveything but receiver doesn't work. No lights on front panel. I think that flash has to be reloaded. Therefore "flash dump" file is needed. Does anyone know that programming the flash with J-Tag works? If the answer is yes, how can it be done? How can I find flash dump file?

You have killed the device.Throw it away.