Attachment Download Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Just to inform you that I've turned on attachment download limits for certain user groups.

Zero posters can download 2 files per 24h period.
Registered members(junior member and member) 10
Senior member 14
Donating members 20

EDIT: Removed bug note, as all members that were affected by it have been transferred to appropriate user groups.

Limits do not apply to images like gif or jpeg files.
And I think they are set fairly. There is no need to download more then 10 files for example for normal usage. And if you are not a contributing member and have 0 posts then you shouldn't get the same limit as a contributing member.

Last edited:

DREAMROBERT

I can not find reflected in this action. I am sorry!

if they had to change one day in the keys of one or two providers, I will be forced to go on other forums to have the keys installed.
plugins, and more are changing every day and then you do not have to download?
and this seems like a way to tell which side you are.

Dreamrobert

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I can not find reflected in this action. I am sorry!

if they had to change one day in the keys of one or two providers, I will be forced to go on other forums to have the keys installed.
plugins, and more are changing every day and then you do not have to download?
and this seems like a way to tell which side you are.

Dreamrobert

If they change 3 keys you need 3 key files. If you want 2 new firmwares that is total of 5 files. You'd like to check out some old emu, that is 6 files. You still got 2 downloads to spare for whatever you need.
In your case of senior member you got 4 downloads to spare :)

Anyway this is not really open for discussion so I'll close this thread.
I am sure for members with normal usage of forums limits will practically be invisible.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, limits slightly increased for all groups but Zero posters since some people seem to think they are too low. But that is final change.
Edited the first post to reflect the changes.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
What we just realized is that if you use download manger tools they'll create multiple connections when downloading attachments and your limit will be much lower then what it actually is.
So if you want to avoid issues please restrain from using such tools at least on SU.
If you want to decrease the impact of such tools lower the number of connections they are allowed to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.