Using a SKY UK Card in DM800

bookmarker

Registered
Sorry if this has been posted before but I cannot find any direct references.

I am looking at which DM model to buy, I would prefer to get HD but am unsure if I should / need to go for the DM8000 with the CI slots or if the DM800 will work using the internal card reader.

I have a valid subscription card and am not interested in card sharing, just getting my card to work in one of these boxes.

Any examples of where people have this working would be appreciated.

bookmarker

Registered
Thanks, that looks promising, does your card auto update or does it need to be put back into a $ky box for that?

m7ckey

Registered
I use a smargo smartreader+ with my dm800 it works fine with s*y uk card and yes it auto updates

Last edited:

bookmarker

Registered
I use a smargo smartreader+ with my dm800 it works fine with s*y uk card and yes it auto updates

m7ckey, is there a reason you use the external reader? is it more reliable or were you unable to get the internal reader working?

Also does this reader support auto updates?

m7ckey

Registered
s*y card dont work in cccam on dm800
so this is why i use the smargo it works a treat in cccam and updates fine

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
in your CCCam config file copy this N: 127.0.0.1 50010 dummy dummy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

and make sure there is no # in front of it

bookmarker

Registered
:thum:

Thanks guys, looks like I will go for the DM800 rather than the DM8000 and get the external card reader.

Looking forward to getting this up and running.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
:thum:

Thanks guys, looks like I will go for the DM800 rather than the DM8000 and get the external card reader.

Looking forward to getting this up and running.

that config is for the internal reader using newcs + cccam

bookmarker

Registered

So the internal reader will read the $ky Uk ND$ card?

Will be great if it does, but no issues if not as I have just found both the DM800 and external reader in stock at a local supplier and ordered both so will have all bases covered.

bookmarker

Registered

Brummie, Got my DM800HD and have spent most of the night trying to no avail to get the $ky uk card work in the internal reader.

Would you mind confirming the image version and CCcam, newcs that you have running? I am pretty sure I have followed everything in the thread you sent.

Thanks

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
it was a nabilo image with newcs 162 + cccam 2.0.9 available from the download panel from the image. insert the card with the chip facing down

bookmarker

Registered
:thum:Great help guys, although I have not get the external reader to work yet.

The internal reader is now working perfectly, not bad with no DM experience before yesterday afternoon.

Can anybody recommend a good eSata housing & disk to use with this?

Abdulwahid143

Registered
I have DM800, SkyUK card and bought Smargo cardreader. Can someone please tell if there is anything extra to configure in CCcam.cfg?

Thanks

bookmarker

Registered
I have DM800, SkyUK card and bought Smargo cardreader. Can someone please tell if there is anything extra to configure in CCcam.cfg?

Thanks

I have not got my Smargo card reader working yet, so the only image that has worked for me is the Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.9 (http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=109633). The via the addons installing the preconfigured newcs & cccard addons for $ky Uk, worked straight away with the internal reader.

Only problem I have is I use an external usb drive, and this is failing to mount on numerous occasions.

bookmarker

Registered
Look this info:
This is a very important info for all that have a sky uk card

DM800 is now capable to read sky card from the internal card reader without the need of using NEWCS
tested just now with CCcam2.0.11 works fine and fast zapping
++Load the these attached drivers 10/03/2009.put your card in the slot reboot your dreambox and its read.

Note:for the DM800 only!
Thanks to x5 for the info

Thanks for the info, I tried this on my DM800 and am getting the following error message

ipkg: invalid magic

any ideas?

bookmarker

Registered

bookmarker

Registered
So, problem was trying to install using the filemanager, once I ssh'd into the DM and ran ipkg install the package worked fine and so did the card reader.

Just wish i could figure out why my smargo reader wont read.