DM800 HD original - about new images

mklobu43

Registered
I need help installing new images on my old DM800HD PVR original.
On display of box is Boot # 76 and images I have DreamEliteBH/gemini2/newenigma2 are almost 10 years old (older then OE 1.6 I think)

Now all these different versions of OE/sim/bootloader and org and clone images confuse me.

Also I was reading old posts all around and found i needed to install newer bootloader and then OE
but i also found posts where people say bootloader is automatically installed with the new image, and again i am confused.

So im gonna put it all in 3 questions:

1. Do I need to download and flash last firmware for dm800hd (opendreambox 2.0)
Code:
http://dreamboxupdate.com/
or i need to flash something else?

2. Somewhere I found that as a beginner i should probably download images from the link below:
Code:
http://www.dreambox4u.com/downloads/images.php
there are OE 2.0 images for for dm800pvr.

3. Does old images automatically have been deleted by installing new ones or do I have to manually delete something over the telenet to free space? (same question for usb stick?)

So any opinion or comment is more than welcome :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The opendreambox 2 images are useless base image only.

You need to use a team image OpenPLI, OpenATV etc although most groups have stopped supporting the old 800.

All you do is flash the image of your choice directly over the image you have now. USB stick have your new image format it.

Montroc

Registered
where can I find a Dreambox 800 HD image?

where can I find a Dreambox 800 HD image? My DM800 HD was purchased in 2015 by my son. Its an original one. Its identity is:
S/N: 8A1813000032260.
A CCCAM provider has offered to install it on my box. I could not reboot it. If you have any clue to find an image to reboot the box, I would be grateful.

Montroc

Registered
to Ferret
How to achieve a factory reset of an original Dreambox 800 HD that does not reboot despite multiple image flashings

klokkeblomst

Registered
DM800 HD New image

I bought 2 senondhand this week.

Was curious to know if they are genuine. They costed 350Euro from new so I believe they are genuine-

So did you suceed with flashing your box a year ago ?:)