Clones OCTAGON HD SF 918

elgeneral

Registered
OCTAGON HD SF 918
PIZI&g..ßí.À ...@STB-INFORMATION
AS4C1N0...................................
RYEC010.07/07/0801...................
SC4A323...................................
hihI06/24/08..............................
B001d.......................................

SAB Ultimate HD Super Plus
PIZIºÅ..§{ä` ...@STB-INFORMATION
SA4C1N0....................................
RYEC010.07/04/0801....................
SC4A323....................................
hihI06/24/08...............................
B001d........................................

NEXT YE-2000 SUPER HDTV
PIZI.*..mO;• ...@STB-INFORMATION
TK4C1N0....................................
RYEC010.06/19/0801....................
hihI06/03/08...............................

GOLDEN INTERSTAR GI-S890 CRCI HD Excellence
PIZI.½...É“R ...@STB-INFORMATION
GI4C1N0.....................................
RYGY010.06/24/0801....................
hihI06/24/08...............................

ONLIEN LN 6060 HD
PIZIF...YQš. ...@STB-INFORMATION
LN4C1N0....................................
RYGY010.06/24/0801...................

okkkkk

Registered
ONLIEN LN 6060 HD
PIZIF...YQš. ...@STB-INFORMATION
LN4C1N0....................................
RYGY010.06/24/0801...................
01.06........................................[/QUOTE]

Thank you !
I have bought LN 6060 (OnLien).When
I try to load firmware for octagon 918 It says that the file is correct but the reciever does not match.
Is there another way to load an EMU firmware??

Thanks in advance

pincoval

Registered
clone

Who knows if there is one receiver 100% compatible (tested) with Octagon hd sf 918 firmware ?
Thanks

Q-bOxHd

Registered
this is not my work, i have found this on Alsat forum and post is made from Andrew007 , so all the credist to him

Here is a List of Receivers which ARE Compatible and ACCEPT Each others S/W Versions...(see the Words Doc. attached below)

For OCTAGON and GOLDEN INTERSTAR HD Boxes...!
But it does also work on others.

I personally have NOT yet tried this because I have an Octagon SF918 HD already....but reading about ALL the Reports/Results it seems to be OK and DOES work on ALL the Boxes listed.

USE this ONLY if you are sure you know what you are doing.
..and want a different S/W Version on your Box.

With this Tool you can LOAD and use the Various S/W's Versions on ALL these Receivers,however there are conflicting results as to whether the Remotes work..So I have posted a List to show which Remotes DO work.
So to check if your Remote works 100% you will have to convert..
It's a matter of TRIAL and ERROR Guys.OK

Clone Receiver and Remote Compatibility.

Old REMOTE Octagon SF918 AND remote GI-S890 are Identical

1. OCTAGON HD SF 918: both work Old and New

2. GI-S890 CRCI HD Excellence: both work Old and New

3. NEXT YE-2000 SUPER HDTV: both work Old and New

4. Evolution INFINITY HDTV: ONLY New Remote

5. SAB Ultimate HD Super Plus: ONLY New Remote

6. ProSky_HD-S300SCI: ONLY New Remote

7. ONLIEN LN 6060 HD: both work Old and New

8. Optibox 7750 HD CICX: ONLY New Remote

9. Optibox 8750 HDCICX same as Opticum 8750 HDCICX : ONLY New Remote

10. Opticum 8750 HDCICX: ONLY New Remote

11. KOSCOM HD 7400 CI: ONLY New Remote

12. GALAXY Sat 9800 HD

13. ILLUSION MAXSH: ONLY New Remote

14. SkyGate HD: ONLY New Remote

15. DigiLine 6000HD

16. Manhattan Passion 1080 HD Vision

HOW TO DO..

1. Turn Receiver OFF at the back
2. Open "GisOct.exe Proggie..... Choose correct S/W Version and Com-Port.
(SW-Down/Boot-mode Status)
3. Turn Receiver ON.. PRESS and HOLD the Channel Down Button.
4. While still HOLDING the Channel Down Button Start the S/W Download and wait until it ENDS.

You might have to try this several times before the Download Starts.

IN some Cases you may have to Load the Last Original S/W Version first before you have success..!!
TRY without first if you are NOT successful then Load the Original S/W for your Box and try again.

The "GisOct" Proggie ONLY has 2 Settings to choose from..Octagon and GI so if for example you have a SAB then use the Octagon Setting to Load the Octagon S/W ..OK
Again same thing TRIAL and ERROR here Guys.If it does NOT work with one Setting try the other.!!

there are 2 files to do this, but i cannot uplaod here so i hope you can find them by google
GisOct this is the program
Clones und Fernbedienung.doc and some documentation about it

planko

Registered
this is not my work, i have found this on Alsat forum and post is made from Andrew007 , so all the credist to him

Here is a List of Receivers which ARE Compatible and ACCEPT Each others S/W Versions...(see the Words Doc. attached below)

For OCTAGON and GOLDEN INTERSTAR HD Boxes...!
But it does also work on others.

I personally have NOT yet tried this because I have an Octagon SF918 HD already....but reading about ALL the Reports/Results it seems to be OK and DOES work on ALL the Boxes listed.

USE this ONLY if you are sure you know what you are doing.
..and want a different S/W Version on your Box.

With this Tool you can LOAD and use the Various S/W's Versions on ALL these Receivers,however there are conflicting results as to whether the Remotes work..So I have posted a List to show which Remotes DO work.
So to check if your Remote works 100% you will have to convert..
It's a matter of TRIAL and ERROR Guys.OK

Clone Receiver and Remote Compatibility.

Old REMOTE Octagon SF918 AND remote GI-S890 are Identical

1. OCTAGON HD SF 918: both work Old and New

2. GI-S890 CRCI HD Excellence: both work Old and New

3. NEXT YE-2000 SUPER HDTV: both work Old and New

4. Evolution INFINITY HDTV: ONLY New Remote

5. SAB Ultimate HD Super Plus: ONLY New Remote

6. ProSky_HD-S300SCI: ONLY New Remote

7. ONLIEN LN 6060 HD: both work Old and New

8. Optibox 7750 HD CICX: ONLY New Remote

9. Optibox 8750 HDCICX same as Opticum 8750 HDCICX : ONLY New Remote

10. Opticum 8750 HDCICX: ONLY New Remote

11. KOSCOM HD 7400 CI: ONLY New Remote

12. GALAXY Sat 9800 HD

13. ILLUSION MAXSH: ONLY New Remote

14. SkyGate HD: ONLY New Remote

15. DigiLine 6000HD

16. Manhattan Passion 1080 HD Vision

HOW TO DO..

1. Turn Receiver OFF at the back
2. Open "GisOct.exe Proggie..... Choose correct S/W Version and Com-Port.
(SW-Down/Boot-mode Status)
3. Turn Receiver ON.. PRESS and HOLD the Channel Down Button.
4. While still HOLDING the Channel Down Button Start the S/W Download and wait until it ENDS.

You might have to try this several times before the Download Starts.

IN some Cases you may have to Load the Last Original S/W Version first before you have success..!!
TRY without first if you are NOT successful then Load the Original S/W for your Box and try again.

The "GisOct" Proggie ONLY has 2 Settings to choose from..Octagon and GI so if for example you have a SAB then use the Octagon Setting to Load the Octagon S/W ..OK
Again same thing TRIAL and ERROR here Guys.If it does NOT work with one Setting try the other.!!

there are 2 files to do this, but i cannot uplaod here so i hope you can find them by google
GisOct this is the program
Clones und Fernbedienung.doc and some documentation about it

Thx bro..i will try it with my Manhattan Passion 1080 HD Vision..and i hope this work!

planko

Registered
Thx bro..i will try it with my Manhattan Passion 1080 HD Vision..and i hope this work!
Not working bro....i tried with OCT SF-918 boot and GI-S890 HD boot...Message: "incorrect boot"!:mecry::mecry:
Any sugestion?

geejay

Registered
Gisoct doesnt work on clones which are not firmware identical to Octagon or Golden Interstar.

Debugging unearthed the following:

In general the firmware update process on Octagon and clones works as following:

Any update program sends first the version number of the to-be-downloaded firmware to the box and the box checks whether the firmware is compatible. If so download proceeds.

The Gisoct tool sends "fake"/preprogrammed version numbers to the box, either Octagon or Golden Interstar - the version number of the new firmware actually loaded into Gisoct is disregarded.

It is possible to load firmware into clones with STBlink or OctagonSoftTool if one patches the firmware with the version number of the clone, because these programs transmit the actual firmware version of the new/loaded firmware. However according to my experience this bricks the clone. After flashing only "boot" appears on the display.

The way forward would be to patch the Gisoct software or STBLink or OctagonSofttool so that these transmit the firmware version of the clone.

Gisoct is packed with aspack (aspackdie unpacks it), however even after unpacking it not possible to see the places where it needs to be patched. I guess the firmware version strings for Octagon and Golden Interstar are encrypted.

peter273

Registered
You might try reading (translating) the information I and some other users posted some time ago on the subject of firmware and the respective encrypted parts...

It resides in the sf918 forum, in German, starting with some "early attempts" and afterwards corrections thereof.

Direct link is no links
(sorry to the admin here for mentioning another forum, but the link is directly related to this discussion and the contents thereof...)

The aforementioned "bricking" of clones other then GI or octagon seems to correlate to the 60hex bytes difference in addressing scheme (with respect to the sab HD and other clones) I found in the unpacked executable, which made me warn everybody to be very carefull in attempting other clones.
(asm-source also to be found in the same thread)

greetz

Last edited by a moderator:

peter273

Registered
Ok, I have to respect if no direct links are allowed so I'll try to rephrase he location without any direct links (editing previous post seemed not possible any more, so reposted now):

It resides in the german octagon sf918 section of the forum named octagon.gmc.to ), starting with some "early reverse engineering attempts" and afterwards corrections thereof.

Try using the search function there for the terms "Firmware Programmieren" (this is the title itself), the results will show the correct thread.

The aforementioned "bricking" of clones other then GI or octagon seems to correlate to the 60hex bytes difference in addressing scheme (with respect to the sab HD and other clones) I found in the unpacked executable, which made me warn everybody to be very carefull in attempting other clones.
(asm-source also to be found in the same thread)

greetz

musicadi

Registered
Hi guys,

Should I dare try and change a clone firmware's stb info in HEXEditor and then load it in my Octagon SF 918? I have bootloader 0015.

Thx.