Vu+ Uno 4K SE ?

TECHNOSATUK

Registered
Hi, I am thinking of buying the Vu+ Uno 4K SE receiver....

I currently have a Technomate 6902 so have never had a Linux Enigma 2 receiver before, it looks good, but I have a few (maybe silly)questions...

I will be using it as a positioner for a motorised dish - does it allow you to set the east and west dish limits (like you can with a Technomate Receiver) - I have not seen this in the manual anywhere?

Does the default factory firmware allow you to enter Biss Keys? If so how? Does it need an add on?

Which is the best Firmware Image? For example, OpenVix, VTi, OpenATV, Black Hole? & what does this give your over the default factory firmware?

Kind Regads

digi247

Registered
Hi, I am thinking of buying the Vu+ Uno 4K SE receiver....

I currently have a Technomate 6902 so have never had a Linux Enigma 2 receiver before, it looks good, but I have a few (maybe silly)questions...

I will be using it as a positioner for a motorised dish - does it allow you to set the east and west dish limits (like you can with a Technomate Receiver) - I have not seen this in the manual anywhere?

Does the default factory firmware allow you to enter Biss Keys? If so how? Does it need an add on?

Which is the best Firmware Image? For example, OpenVix, VTi, OpenATV, Black Hole? & what does this give your over the default factory firmware?

Kind Regads

Default factory firmware gives you just basic features a software image such as OpenATV or OpenVix for example will allow much more functionality.

If your using it with a Motorised setup then Yes! the setup for adding both your East and West Limits work exactly the same.

As for Biss keys you will need to read up on Basic Emu configuration for an E2 designed machine, they do work but its not quite as simple as entering 8280 into a remote and then adding the Key.

I would advise you read around the this very forum at all the Enigma2 guides and get some practice in with FTP,Telnet,Putty as this is a basic requirement for a Linux Enigma2 machine.

It will do a lot more that your technomate can do but you will need to put the reading hours in to master it correctly, It can be a big jump coming from a closed source receiver over to an Open Linux one.

Good Luck