Dvbviewer Recording service and ACAMD

slysurfer

Registered
Hey when I normally use ACAMD with dvbviewer it decrypts perfectly (I use the NEWCAMD protocol).
But when I move the acamd plugin to the plugins1 folder, this allows the recording service to use it, I find that it still decrypts but not smoothly it will glitch on every key change. Watchable but annoying and unacceptable for me.

Does anyone use acamd with the recording service successfully?
Can anyone propose a solution that will allow me to use newcamd with the recording service without glitches. I've tried to use WINCSC but it isn't compatible as the recording service cant use softCSA.

dmm10000

Registered
Hi Folks - I am just going to enlarge on this thread a bit it is quite extensive so please bear with me and i apologise for the length of it but i cannot get ACAMD to decrypt for network clients - it says NO HARDWARE AVAILABLE so here are my questions although a bit long but i feel it could help others here if answered :

Am using Dvbviewer Pro as well and i have the recording service set up fine on a server computer (Dvbviewer dvbserver) and i have another client computer in a different room in the house running a dvbviewer pro client (which of course accesses the tuner card on the main server)

The client is a virtual client ( no hardware tuner obviously) and this works fine for free to air channels

The problem is that for decrypted channels if i use ACAMD it decrypts fine if i watch TV on the SERVER PC (which has the actual tuner card installed)

The other virtual DVBviewer client PC on the network in another room in the house does see all the free to air channels but i dont know how to use ACAMD as a plugin on the remote or client PC's instance of DVBviewer
I get the message when switching to a decrypted channel NO HARDWARE AVAILABLE on the client PC instance

Perhaps we need to have multiple plugin folders using the naming convention plugins/plugins1 .......plugins/plugins2 etc - i am not sure

my questions are in order to get a client instance of DVBviewer Pro to use ACAMD properly do we need to set up plugins for the client instance of DVBviewer as follows ?

Presume we have the server running the recording service and one other (virtual tuner) client on our home network

1. do we set up ALL new plugin folders for all new clients on the Dvbviewer SERVER SIDE ONLY using a specific plugin folder path - effectively having 2 sets of plugins in this case one for server and one for client (but BOTH stored on SERVER machines plugins folder)?

2. do we set up ALL new plugin folders for all new clients on the CLIENT PCS ONLY using a specific plugin folder path ?

3. Or in the case of our one new client do we have a new plugin instance of ACAMD on the SERVER side and one on the client side ? - how is it all set up ?

I guess in summary the question is in order to introduce a new virtual DVBviewer client onto the network where exactly do the plugin folders need to go - server side / client side or both and what are the names of the plugin folders ?
please excuse the long post - thank you

redriddick

Registered
Hi
Did anyone get this going.
I,m having the same problem,no decryption of channels through recording service.