TBS 6925 broken

harimau

Registered
Sorry, but I don't speak english very well, so I need a friend translating for me :rolleyes:
I've a TBS 6925 and I have a problem that seems typical for this card.
It has stopped working with DVB-S2 channels.
Signal peaks are perfectly pointed out on EBSPRO/Craziscan, but there is no quality detected on signal analyzer and no DVB-S2 transponder can be locked :mecry:
Meanwhile,my card still works very well with DVB-S signal :thum:

Have anyone a wiring diagram or instruction to repair my card?

Thanks

(Thanks kugujen for translation :thum: )

Motogato

Registered
hello, I already had two with this problem :( I'll give you the solution to this problem :)
I bought a new one and this one is what I did :)

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
As I already told you I have a friend here with his card repaired years ago (but it was still under its warranty period)

He told me when card was back, repairing seemed to be related to some soldering inside card tuner (possibly after any faulty capacitors)

Unfortunatly he is a real magician in dish/moveble dish/ motorized lnb solutions :thum:, but specific electronics is not his proper sector, so he can't help anymore.

But tbs 6925 /tbs 5925 were very popular cards years ago, so I guess it's really possible you can find a tuner scheme or some help on internet.

K

anto@

Registered
I also had this problem, sent in tbs for repair, now it is not possible to repair it in TBS, the problem seems to me that they are the capacitors inside the tuner, you have to open the hidden part, inside you will see 2 capacitors if you see them a little swollen they must be replaced, it seems to me that the problem was this

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I had the same problem several years ago and was lucky that the card was still under warranty. I sent it back and they sent me a replacement.

It is a known problem.

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
(...) I have a friend here with his card repaired years ago (...)
Unfortunatly he is a real magician in dish/moveble dish/ motorized lnb solutions :thum:, but specific electronics is not his proper sector, so he can't help anymore. (...)

anto@ :D

Thanks to be part of this thread you're helping very much :thum:

Yes, as confirmed by dog-man too in following post, there were two solution when card was still in warranty period: repair (sending the card in China) or sostitution (done possibly by a TBS reseller in Europe)

anto@

Registered
my card was sent to shenzen when the warranty was over, the repair was done the same, I only paid the outward shipment 10 €
repair and return shipping were free
unfortunately I can no longer find the photo of the replaced components
regards

anto@

Registered
read here a test done, the cause is the capacitors which subsequently damaged the demodulator chip

Code:
https://goughlui.com/2017/11/06/farewell-tbs-tbs6925-professional-pcie-satellite-tuner-card/

harimau

Registered
read here a test done, the cause is the capacitors which subsequently damaged the demodulator chip

Code:
https://goughlui.com/2017/11/06/farewell-tbs-tbs6925-professional-pcie-satellite-tuner-card/

Thank you anto@, thank you kugujen :thum:
I took all instruction and I'm trying to repair it :)

I'll let you know

harimau

Registered
Repaired :thum:

I took my card in a cellular center with your instruction and they repaired it :)
Cost 10$.

Thank you

harimau

Registered
did you replace the capacitors?

I think so, but I don't know.
I reported your link to cellular center technic and show him some link printed photos.
He told me he was gonna check and after some days they gave it back to me repaired :)
When I know more I'll tell you :thum: