vHelper.mdl

Doener Kebap

Registered
This is my first post in this forum, so: HI EVERYONE.

I have a strange problem with the actual vPlug versions:

I have two pcs. On both im using MyTheatre 3.36 on Windows XP Professional 32Bit with SP3 with a Hauppauge DVB-S Card.

On the first one vPlug doesn't decrypt anything, s2emu does the job for ORF and ATV.

On the second one I've tested the newest files for vPlug and it managed to decrypt ORF, ATV AND(!!!) AXN, kabel1classic, Sat.1 emotions, RTL Living, Hustler TV and Huster TV CZ.
The files I used during this test: Full_vPlug_2.4.6 with all keys Updated --> Full vPlug 2.4.6 with all keys 29.01.2013.rar

I've replaced the Plugin-folder on the first machine with the new one of the second.
But on starting MyTheatre, I receive this error:
2ntpzz-95.png

Code:
Error:
Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden : ...\MyTheatre\Plugins\vHelper.mdl
After this error, MyTheatre is stuck and i can't even kill the task - it needs some minutes to accept the taskkill. (An unusual behaviour for MyTheatre)

I've also tried to replace the whole MyTheatre-folder on the first machine with the working one from the second machine, what didn't change anything.

If I replace the vHelper.mdl with an older one, I can start MT, but the new vPlug doesn't decrypt anything.
The same thing happens, if I just delete the vHelper.mdl file.
(So it really says that the desired module cannot be found, when it's present, but it doesn't say anything if it's NOT present...)

I think it's a problem of different DLL-files in my windows directory or so, but I need help/some suggestions to find out what's really wrong at my first PC.

Thank you in advance for any help!

PS: I hope I've posted this into the right subforum. I thought the right subforum for this question would have been Sat Universe > DVB Cards Section > DVB Files > DVB Emulator Cam's (where I've found the files), but I don't have the permissions to post there.

jan55

You download new /clean/ vPlug 2.4.6.exe file ONLY and starting install file in c:/Program Files/MyTheatre/Plugins/vPlug 2.4.6 folder. After install vPlug 2.4.6, you download latest v_keys.db and v_sids.db and copy/paste in c:/Program Files/MyTheatre/Plugins/vPlug 2.4.6 folder.
Regards

Doener Kebap

Registered
It's working on XP now, too (it really needs an installation, copying the files doesn't work)!
The vHelper.mdl error is gone!

But I have a problem with ATV+:

I have to select each ECM PID in vPlug manually.
After I select it once, it saves the selection and a new entry is visible in the SID section of the "Editor".

This entry is also present for ATV+ in the first line - with the right PID; but at this channel it ignores the saved ECM PID selection and I have to re-select it everytime I change to another channel and back to this one.
At this channel there is simply no ECM active.

PS: Until now i didn't place any downloaded/old v_sids.db in the plugin folder - it created its own one and only told me to place a v_keys.db in the directory.
I also didn't install it into a sub-directory of Plugins (because MyTheatre only loads dlls that are placed directly in the Plugins directory (notthing from subdirs))

Last edited:

kalashnikov

Registered
vHelper.mdl erro windows 10

hi
i get the can't read error vHelper.mdl on windows 10

using smartdvb 0.5.3.26

just remove vHelper.mdl to solve problem

SatEze

Donating Member
hi
i get the can't read error vHelper.mdl on windows 10

using smartdvb 0.5.3.26

just remove vHelper.mdl to solve problem

Just had a similar experience. After uninstalling "DVB Dream", I got the dreaded "Missing Helper.mdl" error when i tried opening SmartDVB. Reinstalling DVB Dream fixed the issue. It seems DVBDream drags Helper.mdl along during DVB Dream uninstall. :confused:

SatEze

Donating Member
Just had a similar experience. After uninstalling "DVB Dream", I got the dreaded "Missing Helper.mdl" error when i tried opening SmartDVB. Reinstalling DVB Dream fixed the issue. It seems DVBDream drags Helper.mdl along during DVB Dream uninstall. :confused:

I forgot I had fixed this same error by following my own outlined steps here.