Its killing me

vazz99zz

Registered
Hello all.

What happened:
I had a lightning strike to the house. Tv got fried and DM800HD SE stopped working

What have I done? :
I followed all the steps. Only JapharFlasher works. Tried 2 or 3 other programs.

Box connected through service mini port to usb to computer. Port is 22.I then try to install image I had installed previously and workded 100%.
Sees box and starts to install first part. Then I can successfully flash Box. Get message that was successfully flashed. Turn box off/ON but still no CA Found. Have tried different cables same result. Have tried different images...same result.

Success.jpg

E-star v3.0

Any help appreciated...

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hello all.

What happened:
I had a lightning strike to the house. Tv got fried and DM800HD SE stopped working

What have I done? :
I followed all the steps. Only JapharFlasher works. Tried 2 or 3 other programs.

Box connected through service mini port to usb to computer. Port is 22.I then try to install image I had installed previously and workded 100%.
Sees box and starts to install first part. Then I can successfully flash Box. Get message that was successfully flashed. Turn box off/ON but still no CA Found. Have tried different cables same result. Have tried different images...same result.

https://ibb.co/hFKhXkc
https://ibb.co/qgXHNV2
https://ibb.co/YPFZ38K
https://ibb.co/1TrtgFf

E-star v3.0

Any help appreciated...

No CA error means you have flashed an image that is not correct for your sim type so you have flashed an image that is not estar if thats what your sim is.

There is no other reason for the no CA error

vazz99zz

Registered
Hello Ferret

Box has been working with same software for the last 3 or 4 years. I did not try to flash new image... As I said, we had a lightening strike and my tv got shorted and stopped working and so did the DM800..After I turned electricity circuit breaker back on, box displayed message of no CA Found.

Definatly a E-Star Sim

Image that I was using and was working perfectly:
I think it was made by urself :)

estar-OE2.0-OpenPLi-3.0-beta-dm800se-20130304 Backup-By-Ferret.nfi

I did try other estar images too with same result

What am i doing wrong or is this box damaged beyound repair?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Think its goosed then down to the lightning strike.

toysoft

Sim card destroyed, try another sim for DM800HDse v1, if you have none a Japhar sim upgrade will naturally do the trick.

TS

vazz99zz

Registered
Going to look as Japhr option. Anything specific I should know before buying one?

Last edited:

vazz99zz

Registered
Sim card destroyed, try another sim for DM800HDse v1, if you have none a Japhar sim upgrade will naturally do the trick.

TS

Thanks for reply Toysoft...Why did I not think of that...
Friend of mine has a DM 800 hd se like mine. Asked him to borrow device just to test the card.

My Device = DM800HD SE E-Star Board=Higo24 REV:12 boot 84 F
Hes Device = DM800HD SE Ferrari Board=Higo24 REV: 4 boot 87 F

After I used his SIM card in my device box and installed Ferrari image she powers up and I can actually use web browser through IP so it defenitly has gone one step further to be recovered. Also no more NO CA FOUND message.

But

she stays in a loop and tries to boot. Could this be due to wrong image or different boards? Or something else?

If it is just the SIM CARD any Japhar sim will work or must be for DM800HD SE?

Last edited:

gap30

Donating Member
This happened to me when the Mutant HD51 was new, I had it a month and a power surge destroyed it plus as edision osmini and a 55 inch Sony TV. Same as you I managed to repair the TV with a new mainboard but I still have the boxes somewhwere and they are goosed. They power up and can flash an image but point blank refuse to work.

vazz99zz

Registered
Japhar cards on Ebay are going for 35 euros. Is this the normal asking price? Or is someone here selling them too?

------------

Just found Japhar webshop... 30 euros :):):)

Last edited:

toysoft

Exactly, on ebay you have the ebay commission in extra plus the other ebay costs, with eshop of team you go direct to the source. So you get then the cheapest price for the Japhar Sim.

With your description you perfectly demonstrate that your old sim estar is dead. Ferrari software is Kernel 2.6 only and can have such problems, japhar support Ferrari images (Kernel 2.6), and naturally Japhar images with latest 2015 drivers (no other clone do) based on Kernel 3.2 Linux.

TS

Japhar cards on Ebay are going for 35 euros. Is this the normal asking price? Or is someone here selling them too?

------------

vazz99zz

Registered

------------

This happened to me when the Mutant HD51 was new, I had it a month and a power surge destroyed it plus as edision osmini and a 55 inch Sony TV. Same as you I managed to repair the TV with a new mainboard but I still have the boxes somewhwere and they are goosed. They power up and can flash an image but point blank refuse to work.

Its really frustrating...but things happen

vazz99zz

Registered
Exactly, on ebay you have the ebay commission in extra plus the other ebay costs, with eshop of team you go direct to the source. So you get then the cheapest price for the Japhar Sim.

With your description you perfectly demonstrate that your old sim estar is dead. Ferrari software is Kernel 2.6 only and can have such problems, japhar support Ferrari images (Kernel 2.6), and naturally Japhar images with latest 2015 drivers (no other clone do) based on Kernel 3.2 Linux.

TS

Just paid and ordered a new Jasphar Sim from Jasphar webshop..... Hope it resolves problem....:):):)

toysoft

I am sure that with Japhar Team support you will find a solution.

Have a nice weekend !

TS

vazz99zz

Registered
I am sure that with Japhar Team support you will find a solution.

Have a nice weekend !

TS

Good evening Toysoft;
Recieved my Japhar card. Its working perfectly. Unfortunatley not on the first dm800 that this all started though. Got myself a almost new used substitute box... The estar was broken indeed.

There was more damage done to the board of my DM800se. It fried the HDMI outlet....

Once again thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Good evening Toysoft;
Recieved my Japhar card. Its working perfectly. Unfortunatley not on the first dm800 that this all started though. Got myself a almost new used substitute box... The estar was broken indeed.

There was more damage done to the board of my DM800se. It fried the HDMI outlet....

Once again thanks

Did tell ya it was goosed lightning strike = bin every time.

vazz99zz

Registered
Did tell ya it was goosed lightning strike = bin every time.

Yes you did Ferret :) Thanks

Now Im gonna decide and try and figure out should I repair the other board...Tomorrow am going into the city to see if I find a store selling electronic parts to try and fix it up..;even if she dont work anymore, it will be a learning experience

toysoft

I will PM you where you can get all hardware details that can help to fix such hardware. If HDMI is burnt this is generally the chipset as there is no protection, but does the SCART still works ?

Johnny fixed a lot if DM and VU boxes... thats generally something to know so you can get good help.

TS

vazz99zz

Registered
I will PM you where you can get all hardware details that can help to fix such hardware. If HDMI is burnt this is generally the chipset as there is no protection, but does the SCART still works ?

Johnny fixed a lot if DM and VU boxes... thats generally something to know so you can get good help.

TS

Thanks Toysoft.

Today I posted a msg on official Japhar forum. Having a small issue. I have been at it for over 2 days but cant resolve it . If you have little free time have a look and see if it can be done.