Looking for a DVB-S2 Card

BeBeINC

Registered
I would like to buy a DVB-S2 card for my computer and i don't know which. Barney said that SkyStar II HD PCI is the best, but you can't record .ts files. I also heard good things about the TBS6922 DVB-S2 PCIe.

I want a good card to use it for monitoring feeds and blind scan, but also record from time to time and be able to watch 4:2:2 feeds.

milan58

Super VIP
I have a Technisat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD
support program CrazyScan and EBS Pro
can be viewed and 4:2:2 feed for this should DVB player(any)

mmoloch

Registered
Received yesterday my new TBS6922 card, installed DVBDream and set up my motor to work on USALS and I'm quite happy with my choice.

I've done some blindscan's using Easy BlindScan and today I've been all afternoon watching 4:2:2 sport feeds :)

For the money I paid (64€), I think TBS6922 is a very good choice.

Last edited:

BeBeINC

Registered
Yeah, i think i might get the TBS6922 too.

Another question: is there any motor that can move the dish both horizontal and vertical? Maybe also skew the lnb? So not a classic diseqc H-H or an acutator.

mmoloch

Registered
Yeah, i think i might get the TBS6922 too.

Another question: is there any motor that can move the dish both horizontal and vertical? Maybe also skew the lnb? So not a classic diseqc H-H or an acutator.

As far I know to move the dish in the horizontal and vertical you need two actuators motors, an actuator moves the dish horizontally and the other one vertically. The LNB skew is automatic, when the dish moves with the motor automatically tunes the LNB skew.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
If your dish is aligned at all half decent you wont need to worry about vertical dish movement ...disecq motors dont move vertical or horizontal anyhow .
LNB Skew is done by hand manually using either a sat meter or via your sat reciever on weak feed signals such as TNA Feeds for example a simple skew with LNB can and will increase or decrease signals on this Feed for sure .

I Have now installed my SKYStar HD II in my PC which i had up in the attic for a year or so and i might aswell make use of it .
i was testing it on my fixed 28e dish last night on BBC Two HD for the snooker and did manage to get it to record aswell , i got ProgDVB PRO 7 from a kind fellow member on here this morning user rama11 here :
http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=1106421&postcount=753

im still testing and trying to resolve the audio issues on various HD Channels and need to learn howto load keys and make it work my my c/s servers aswell all of which i believe is possible but im just a n00b at PC Cards so i guess im gonna need to open a new thread about it down in the DVB Chat section .
So there is maybbe hope for me to record some TS Files now and hopefully increase the chances of getting keys for Part#2 of TNA Genesis ppv this Thursday night on 7e Regular Feed freq .

Good luck : )
-
Barney

Last edited:

gotya

I Have now installed my SKYStar HD II in my PC which i had up in the attic for a year or so and i might aswell make use of it .

i got ProgDVB PRO 7

-
Barney

Congratulations my friend Barney :thum:

just like to tell you that all new releases of progDVB doesn't support the option of recording the Vpid & Apid of an encrypted Biss channel and without these info you won't be able finding the crypt8 from the recorded TS file.

I think the last version that does support recording the Vpid & Apid info in the TS file is the one I'm using ProgDVB 6.11 pro

if you want it I can uploaded and give it to you :thum:

it's so cool after testing it and doesn't have lot's of bugs and smooth on the PC even your PC is not a good quality.

regards

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
yes please upload that version for me my friend , because obviously im gonna need to record encrypted Biss channels
to find crypt8
it does run great but im still at a loss why many HD Channels have no sound at all ??
but SD Channels are ok ..ive tried changing around some options in Audio Codecs settings menu but sadly no Audio still on HD channels only picture without sound ?
im doing a full scan after delete all channels in base to see if this will resolve anything .
i will open a new thread so as not to hijack user BeBeINC's thread and go off topic .
@ BeBeINC ..i would still very strongly advise the SkyStar II HD PCI Card as its very cheap and even easier to install im sure i'll hopefully get this annoying bugs resloved with a little bit of help .
-
Barney

gotya

@ barney

here's the downloading link for version 6.11 pro included the reset 21 days

Code:
h**p://www.mediafire.com/download/7y7ys4gh9y7z3v2/ProgDVB6.11Pro.zip

EnJoY :thum:

gotya

Hi @MaRwAn26,

With ProgDVB Pro 6.51.7 can be take crypt8. Last !

and goog work.

Regards.

I read your pm

I uploaded the version 6.11 pro and I put the downloading link in my previous post and you could use it :thum:

it's working perfect

regards

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
That version isnt working for me MaRwAn26
it dont see my SkyStar 2 HD PCI Card ,
i forgot to mention im using Quad Core PC with Win 7 X64 bit
maybbe this version you uploaded was 32 bit version ???

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I had a long email conversation with the progdvb author about it. He has no plans to re-introduce that facility any time soon sadly.

For those wanting to record encrypted .ts streams, make sure you disable any emulator such as mdplug as the encrypted part will not be recorded.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
-http://www.progdvb.com/download_progdvb.html

Look for 6.61.1

I think that one will do the job.

Try both 32 bit version and 64 bit.

These ones require activation unless you can by pass that?

Links are live. Just tested them.