BBC ONE HD & BBC HD fails on E2 image...

DaveWilliamson

Registered
Hi all,

I (along with a good few others looking around various forums) are having a problem *only* with BBC ONE HD & BBC HD on Enigma2 images.

The scenario is as follows:

Cuberevo (although it's also reported on DB's) using the latest excellent PGI Image, finds both channels with no problem.

Using an E2 image (have tried both INDB & PKTEAM latest), neither channels are found.

Adding them manually with DreamBoxEdit (DBE), allows both channels to be selected, and the Signal is in-line with other channels), but NO epg (now/next) data received, nor is there any picture / sound.

I have double & triple checked the settings in DBE and they are correct to both what the PGI image scanned, and lyngsat show as the settings.

I really am pulling my hair out, as are a number of other people.

So if you have this combination working, could you please post what E2 image you are using, and possibly as screenshot of the settings from DBE (for both the transponder & the channels).

BBC%2BONE%2BHD.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited:

EW79

Registered
I had same problem with kathrein 910 using some E2 image, now using PKT image and working fine.

BBCHD and OneHD both use some odd type of HD.

DaveWilliamson

Registered
Update on this issue:

I have now tried the following images:

* INDB-7 release4 Flash/USB 9000/910/900/91/100 - (Preferred)
* PKT IP9000/IP910/IP900/IP91 E2 HAARP v3b Image
* AAF IPBox reloaded IPBox9000

None of these images will scan (or tune if manually added) to BBC HD & BBC One HD.

I appreciate the comment that these channels use some "odd type of HD", and these may be the only (??) channels world-wide that use this format, but they are still working to a standard, and I assume the base image is missing the software (Codec?) that handles this.

As originally asked, does anyone have this working? And if so, what did you do to get it?

Cheers

hafeez

Registered
I'm having the same problem using these 3 images.
However no issues with the old Tideglo based images.
Looks like these new Duckbox based images miss some kind of driver/setting.

Appreciate if someone does have a solution for these 2 channels (and maybe more).

DaveWilliamson

Registered
I wonder if it is something to do with this....

"In August 2009 the BBC wrote to Ofcom after third-party content owners asked the BBC to undertake measures to ensure that all Freeview HD boxes would include copy protection systems as required by the Digital TV Group's D-Book, which sets technical standards for digital terrestrial television in the UK.[32] The BBC proposed to ensure compliance with copy-protection standards on the upgraded Freeview HD multiplex by compressing the service information (SI) data, which receivers need to understand the TV services in the data stream. To encourage boxes to adopt copy protection, the BBC made its own look-up tables and decompression algorithm, necessary for decoding the EPG data on high-definition channels, available without charge only to manufacturers who implement the copy-protection technology. This technology would control the way HD films and TV shows are copied onto, for example Blu-ray discs, and shared with others over the internet. No restrictions will be placed on standard-definition services. In a formal written response, Ofcom principal advisor Greg Bensberg said that wording of the licence would probably need to be changed to reflect the fact that this new arrangement is permitted. The BBC had suggested that as an alternative to the SI compression scheme, the Freeview HD multiplex may have to adopt encryption. Bensberg said that it would appear "inappropriate to encrypt public service broadcast content on DTT"."

hafeez

Registered
I tested the latest E2 OpenCuberevo mod ACT v1.0 usb version
on a 91HD and both channels are working now.
However this image gives me other issues because it does not tune any channels after reboot.

MAKBAR

Registered
hi mate

looking at you screen shot, useing editor change service type to 1 and reload setting. then u will get the chan.
if you look in screen shot it tells what it should be.

hope it helps