Which HD Box ?

roxy2642

Registered
Dear Experts

I have Dm800 (with changed M Tuner)and now looking forward to check another level of watching Satellite tv with more advance and unique features.

Please suggest me which box i should buy now which has all features of Dm800 along with new and advance features. The feature which i specially miss is that we cant record one and see other channels or we cant record 2 channels and see other channels.

Waiting for your suggestions and also the price comparison.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
Vu+Duo will probs be a good solution that has twin tunners add a hard drive and you have the perfect PVR.

roxy2642

Registered
Thanks mate for prompt response. Can just list the features here for Vu+Duo so that i can compare and also suggest the price ,

thanks

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
Vuplus Duo PVR ready twin HDTV satellite reciever with Linux operating system. Features 2 CI slots, and 2 smartcard readers and Ethernet port.

Broadcom Mips processor
Twin DVB-S2 Tuner
MPEG2 / H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB compliant)
16 digit alphanumeric VFD Display
2 x Common Interface slots
2 x smartcard reader (Conax Embedded)
10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface
3 x USB2.0 (1xFront/2xBack)
1 x internal SATA connection for HDD (not included)
1 x E-SATA
1 x V.24/RS232
HDMI Interface
2 x Scart
1 x YPrPb
1 x optical S / PDIF for digital audio transmission
Channel change <1 seconds
EPG (electronic program guide)
Plugin support (JPEG, MP3, XviD ...)
Support of Bouquet lists
Multi language OSD, Skin - Support
Fully automatic, Manual Channel Search
Videotext Teletext
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
Video:

Video resolution (720 x 576 lines), 576p, 720p, 1080i
Video decoding MPEG-2, MPEG-4 compatible
Input data rate 2-45 MSymb / s
S/N> 53 dB
Audio:

Decoding AC 3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1, Layer 1, 2 and 3
32/44.1/48 kHz sampling rate
S/N > 65 dB
Power consumption:

<25W (in operation, horizontal /) 400mA LNB current
<20W (in operation, without LNB)
<1W (Deep-Standby-Mode)
100-240 Volts 50-60 Hz

price wise they vary in different shops from £300 - £350

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i'm not too sure on the blind scan, but i believe there is a blind scan plugin available now, it will work with most emu's,and if you look in the Vu+ section pheonix has put a post in there with all the compatable cams he's tested.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i am a dreambox person myself i have played with a couple of VU+Duo's, the best thing is to check what has the most support for both the azbox and the Vu+, i would say the Vu has much more support and supports more emu's etc!

dont forget the new VU boxes will be out very soon if not already out the uno and ultimo

roxy2642

Registered
Dear Experts

I have made a bit of study on all major popular HD boxes and found these 3 in contention for my up-gradation from Dm800(Old L3 tuner box but now replaced with M tuner).

I need you valuable thoughts on below parameters so that i can finalize the decision of my buying.

DM800 PRO OR AZBox Premium HD+ OR VU+ Duo

a)Twin Tuners (I wish i could get a box with atleast 2-3 channels recording and watching 4th channels) Timeshift Tv
b) Full HD (1080p)
c) DVB- S2 Mpeg4 H264
d) AAC audio and AC3
e) Internet browsing and video playing
f) Symbol rate coverage till 45000
g) Blind Scan
h) Smart card reader for Conax/Mediaguard/Viaccess/Videoguard/Irdeto 2 /Irdeto
i) 2 smart card and 2 CI slot
j) Cardsharing enables and works for all ccam
k)IPTV if possible
l)FM Radio
m) USB for playing Movies/songs/Jpeg
n) PVR
o) Advance images with extra ordinary features and stability
p) Fast Firmware with advance features.

U can also suggest any other HD box which i might have skipped.

thanks in advance

j)Price comparision

Stabilty from Firmware and Images

kevstar29

Registered
im using the VU DUO and iv got to say its the best box iv used. there is lots of help on them as well. can be a bit pricy about £350 but there is a few places out there a bit cheaper. you can put a HDD internal or have it connected to the usb ports. you can record one (or 2 if on the same transponder) and watch other channels.
kev

deckymckeown

Registered
im using the VU DUO and iv got to say its the best box iv used. there is lots of help on them as well. can be a bit pricy about £350 but there is a few places out there a bit cheaper. you can put a HDD internal or have it connected to the usb ports. you can record one (or 2 if on the same transponder) and watch other channels.
kev

You can actually record up to 6 channels at once (apparently) i have had it recording 5 at once. Obviously on same transponders.

But aside from that the vu duo is by far and away the best receiver ive ever used. Great picture quality, smooth menus, super fast channel scan, loads of plugins, you tube, email etc and the possibility of playing mkv files off hard drive etc.

go for it, you cant go wrong!!

deckymckeown

Registered
Dear Experts

I have made a bit of study on all major popular HD boxes and found these 3 in contention for my up-gradation from Dm800(Old L3 tuner box but now replaced with M tuner).

I need you valuable thoughts on below parameters so that i can finalize the decision of my buying.

DM800 PRO OR AZBox Premium HD+ OR VU+ Duo

a)Twin Tuners (I wish i could get a box with atleast 2-3 channels recording and watching 4th channels) Timeshift Tv
b) Full HD (1080p)
c) DVB- S2 Mpeg4 H264
d) AAC audio and AC3
e) Internet browsing and video playing
f) Symbol rate coverage till 45000
g) Blind Scan
h) Smart card reader for Conax/Mediaguard/Viaccess/Videoguard/Irdeto 2 /Irdeto
i) 2 smart card and 2 CI slot
j) Cardsharing enables and works for all ccam
k)IPTV if possible
l)FM Radio
m) USB for playing Movies/songs/Jpeg
n) PVR
o) Advance images with extra ordinary features and stability
p) Fast Firmware with advance features.

U can also suggest any other HD box which i might have skipped.

thanks in advance

j)Price comparision

Stabilty from Firmware and Images

vu duo will do this for you..... on same transponders of course, and also works with timeshift.

c) DVB- S2 Mpeg4 H264 - vu duo

g) Blind Scan ? not sure if possible on vu duo

h) Smart card reader for Conax/Mediaguard/Viaccess/Videoguard/Irdeto 2 /Irdeto - confirmed iredeto card working on vu duo and mediagaurd not sure of the others

i) 2 smart card and 2 CI slot - vu duo 2 smart card, 1 ci slot

j) Cardsharing enables and works for all ccam - vu duo loads of cams now available.

k)IPTV if possible - not yet on vu duo but can stream etc internally and externally on network

m) USB for playing Movies/songs/Jpeg - yes, vu duo, various media formats can be played
n) PVR - yes, dual tuner
o) Advance images with extra ordinary features and stability - loads of different images with different features and plug ins

p) Fast Firmware with advance features. - super fast firmware!

The vu duo has it all!!! Well almost....