DM800HD or AZBoxHD or other?

cs3007

Registered
I have currently a DB7020 and have recently put together a HTPC due to the fact I wanted to be able to get HD, plus the 4:2:2 feeds and also with the addition of the media playback capabilites like using Media Portal.

But, can't seem to get on with the HTPC, it seems it is taking a lot of fiddling to get correct screen res setup, then I am not happy with Media Portal repsonse times on the Satellite side of things, seems really slow.

I know the AZBox can get the feeds ok, but not sure about the DB800HD or any other? Although this is not the most important thing and it wouldn't be the end of the workd if I didn't have it, it would still be nice to have.

What I do need is the ability to playback MKV files, like a media center capability. And also what is good about Media Portal is the slick front end for all the Movie and TV collections, where you get the artwork and movie details and info. Does anyone know if this exists on any Satellite Media System or could possible in the future?

On the basis of the above, which do you think would be my best choice?

Cheers

quanwen

Registered
azbox is still very beta - but getting there. i wouldn´t waste my money on a dm800 if i were you because the potential for the azbox is much greater. if you´re not in a hurry wait a couple of months until the azbox is better sorted - then go for it!

LilleMama

Registered
Currently Cccam is working great as client on AZbox latest firmware seem to be the best sofar . I have been using dm 500 / 7000 and 7020 before and I am very impresed about azbox The HD picture is fantastic also it seem that AZbox software development is 1 step closer to have a native cccam ( no progress form eg ipbox )

If you choose azbox get the Premium version it cost 50 € more and you get usb infront + internal sata harddisk connection

cs3007

Registered
Hi and thanks for the replies.

Do you mean Cccam will work using a C Lines when you say it works great as a client?

Well the only thing that is stopping me purchasing one, is that I am worried that the box may flop and then nobody supports it, even the manufacturer, which with the Dreambox I know that is well established and multiple groups create images etc for it.

Do you think in the future that groups will develop images, plugins etc for the AZBox?

Also I need Cccam to work with C Lines ok, as I mentioned above.

Please can you also confirm that the scence releases (X264/MKV) files playback ok in HD?

Finally if this is not the box for me (which I hope it is and it certainly sounds it), then which other box comes close other than the DM800?

Oh and yes I am going for the Premium, but what is the Max size HDD that can be installed?

Cheers

Last edited:

LilleMama

Registered
Max size off hd is arround 1 tb , developements is high priority from opensat .

Many developers arround the world is involved in the progres to make better and improvements of the firmware , I have contacts to some developers and currently
a fully working CCcam is on the drawing table :D , the AZbox is our times Dreambox and AZbox is using a technology far better than the Dreambox .

Plugins ect are also developed for it ( the company behind AZbox offer 2 free azboxes for a plugin made and downloaded a surten times ) .

Next box that is close to dm 800 is ipbox 910HD

LilleMama

Registered
yes , I have it running with CCcam 2.1.1 as server ( actual mutch more stable than my dm 7020 ) but the internal cardreader isnt supported , this can be bypassed with simultanious running NewCS or with Smargo cardreader .

gkamal

Registered
yes , I have it running with CCcam 2.1.1 as server ( actual mutch more stable than my dm 7020 ) but the internal cardreader isnt supported , this can be bypassed with simultanious running NewCS or with Smargo cardreader .
thank u for the usefull info for me, by the way..can we play paired ird*o or c0nax cards with this setup?

regards-george

maumixio

Staff member
It seems never ending story always low level performances against DM800 and in fact I sold out my new Ipbox 9000 HD for same reasons and bought DM800: now I'm feeling good with card reader, servers, clients, pictures, support, images etc etc
JFYI ;)

gkamal

Registered
It seems never ending story always low level performances against DM800 and in fact I sold out my new Ipbox 9000 HD for same reasons and bought DM800: now I'm feeling good with card reader, servers, clients, pictures, support, images etc etc
JFYI ;)
still i struggled with my DM800 and ipbox 91hd with paired cards.....!

quanwen

Registered
following on from my post in june. i got rid of the azbox and bought a dm800. well happy. it´s much more stable, wireless works a treat, cccam works great and the nabilosat image is cool.

gkamal

Registered
very eager to buy one azbox hd, but unfortunately im in asia, can i buy this from anywhere in asia?

LilleMama

Registered
In theory It should work .

A 2. option is Multicas as server ( here the cardreader is working ) but atm its limited with numbers of servers ( lets home it get solved )

thank u for the usefull info for me, by the way..can we play paired ird*o or c0nax cards with this setup?

regards-george

cs3007

Registered
Well I got the AZB back at the beginning of August and although it works to some degree, its not as stable as cccam for Dreambox, so am considering selling and buying a DM800HD.

Seem to be a few clones about, are they ok to get now?

Any thoughts on the above?

OldSkul

Registered
well i sold azbox few months ago (at that time it was slow and it had alot of other problems) and now i bought dm800 clone. I should get it in a few days.

Clones should be ok nowadays. With new sim 2.xx you can use latest drivers.