DM800 or AZBOX Premium

keymaster

Registered
Dm800 or azbox premium

Hi
At the moment neither, I have both and happy with neither.
DM800 - Nasty hardware and gets very warm - but good supports and plugins etc.
Azbox premium = great hardware / build quality but soft/firmware as buggy as hell and drives you mental.
Sorry, probably not what you want to hear.
key

LilleMama

Registered
DM 800 vs AZbox HD elite .

Dm have better software support , but AZbox on the right track now

Dm is expencive compaired to AZbox

Picture is better on AZbox .

Azbox have option for twin tuners ( Not working fully , future firmware will correct the bug )

I think that AZbox is a box with pleanty options and it will proberly be just as good supported as dm .

Mosc_007

Registered
I have an Azbox and the firmware is getting better.

BUT, They have announced the Premium will NEVER be able to use Both Tuners at the same time. IE, You cannot record from one Tuner while watching from the other. They claim its a hardware problem and have now introduced a new Modem. The Premuim + which this time they claim can use both tuners at the same time.

quanwen

Registered
i also have both boxes. personally i prefer the 800 mainly because it´s more stable than the azbox. you can take it out of the packaging, flash it and everything works. the firmware for the azbox is still very beta.

dragonden

Registered
I had a DM 600 and couldn't believe what a piece of sh*te it was. The 800 would have to be a lot better to go with that option. Generally I find the Dreamboxes over-priced (the 600 certainly was!)
I've got an AZ Elite and it's pretty good. Firmware updates are regular and improving all the time.
Downside is that the FW is not open source.
Anyway, pricewise it's a no-brainer - get the AZ

DD

stu246

Registered
The DM8000 is the best box you can buy. Its well built it has great software support i.e, plugins images etc. Its very stable and it dossent get too hot unlike the Dm800.

Azbox is well built but the soft/firmware is buggy and limited ie, plugins etc.

I have had many other models of Dreamboxes, the Dm8000 is the only one that i have been happy with interms of reliability and picture quality. The one that came close to it was the DM7025, but what let it down was its lack of DVI or HDMI support.I know the DM8000 is expensive but in my opinion you get what you pay for in this world.

Last edited:

Diavolo

VIP
Azbox premium is very good there are some People the dont know to use .i can install all
all emulator without problem .
people are not happy with things that have .never but require more.
I think Azbox is very good !!!:thum:

on dreambox i do not like
the channel list !!
and dont forget to reboot .haaaaaaaaaa