Erro1: no ca found

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have an official dreambox 800, and I flashed the wrong image and I now see "Erro1: no ca found"

Is reverting to 1980's technology my only hope? I have computers running osx and windows 7 (so will Dreamup run in compatibility mode?) and can you actually buy serial PCI cards and null modem cables anymore??

I read on another forum that you can't even use the usb to null modem cables as they might loose signal and turn the dreambox into a toaster.

You certainly need to use a null modem cable which needs a serial port of some kind.

Make sure you also flash it with a patched image that matches your sims bl version.

Ferret

rye787

Registered
Thankyou Ferret and Janielson, I purchased a null modem cable and attached it to a PC and my Dreambox. Dreamup recognized my DM800 and uploaded the flash-loader. Then Dreamup stopped with the following message:

"upload completed, waiting for acknowledge.."

the "Flash" button in Dreamup is greyed out.

My DM800 still displays "Err01: No CA Found"

rye787

Registered
Some further information, I was using the latest version of DreamUP and I tried with two different PCs, one with Windows 7 and the other with XP, same result. I also tried turning off the PC firewall, with the same result. As Dreamup recognized the DM800, I assume that the null modem cable is correct.

rye787

Registered
an u didnt put on power to the dreambox until u have press connect in dreamup

I started Dreamup, clicked on connect, powered up my DM800, Dreamup recognized my DM800, Dreamup loaded the flash loader, Dreamup stopped with the "waiting for acknowledge" message

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I started Dreamup, clicked on connect, powered up my DM800, Dreamup recognized my DM800, Dreamup loaded the flash loader, Dreamup stopped with the "waiting for acknowledge" message

Try this method mate with the files from the link it will force the flash button to bacome active.

OK mate

Try this hacked DreamUP for clones

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=141826

To use

1. Connect you null cable to the 800 with no power supply connected.

2. Unpack the 2nd stage pack and go in to the folder named different method.

3. Start DreamUp and when it finds you 800 apply the power to the 800, ignore the error message you getting.

4. Now execute the enforcer.exe and press on enable.

You should now see the flash button and be able to select your image and flash it.

Ferret

rye787

Registered
My DM800 is now working!

Thankyou Ferret, I used dm800_repair file you included and that changed Dreamup so that the Flash button was activated. I did it that way as I do not have a clone.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

In future I will be more careful uploading images, especially ones that have "SIM201" contained in the filename!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
My DM800 is now working!

Thankyou Ferret, I used dm800_repair file you included and that changed Dreamup so that the Flash button was activated. I did it that way as I do not have a clone.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

In future I will be more careful uploading images, especially ones that have "SIM201" contained in the filename!

That is good new my friend, but if you 800 is not a clone then you do not have to use patched images :confused:

Please to see you up and running though.

Ferret

ggorgg1

Registered
HI,
My problem is that DreamUp doesn't recognize my clone. The cable works as it can find my original 800. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

r-sixx

Registered
hi,

problem 1: error"no ca found"
....Anyway you have flashed with a unpatched image !!!
problem 2: i'm can't flashing new image:

use always DreamUp with a null cable, NOT over Network
You must try it again it will run, if fault comes again try it once again and use of course wright image.
(i use Flashwizard 6.3)
sometimes it needs more tries (4-5), you have wright image?

Use 9pin to 9pin female to female null modem cable.
Run DreamUp on Com1 or Com2. Click connect in dreamup. Plug the power cable into the box. Then choose flash and choose the img file you want to load.
10min and your done.
I don't use flash erase, but sometimes its better to use.

Use Image File (.img) or a (.nfi) file

Instructions:

Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect
Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed
Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)
Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
The image should then be uploaded to the box
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program
After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory

Click OK and close down Dreamup
Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

I do not know why, but after using old version dreamup,now all ok
here is an old one try this Dream-UP 1.3.2.1

click

r-sixx

Registered
may be works this also for you:

i used this one
Download - 2nd stage and force flash

instructions state:

Now for the second sollution
1) Connect broken dreambox DM600/DM800
2) Open dreamup, press connect.
3) When you see second loader error popup, just press ok.
4) Open: click
5) Drag DM800_repair in front of dreamup, and press dream multimedia logo.
6) Now press the greyed Flash button, and chose firmware.
7) The flash progress will probably hang, its OK.
8) Open dreamup again, connect the broken box, press connect.
9) If all went ok, you can now flash box again, (Use only serial
communication)

busman

Donating Member
HI,
My problem is that DreamUp doesn't recognize my clone. The cable works as it can find my original 800. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

use dreamup inside 2nd_stage_pack file should be able to get a connection to your dm , the file is in forum

ggorgg1

Registered
Thanks a lot guys for responding! I've allready tried the 2nd_stage_pack, and couldn't get i to work. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
BTW, I got the Erro1 after trying to boot my clone with the Newnigma2 2.8.3 for original DM.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I had that same message and will try this method
Thank you

Just a thought lads no ca found is usually a incorrect bootloader if flashing with the correct version does not help check your sim card in the 800 is seated correctly.

Ferret