Alignment help needed D:

aaa801

Registered
Hi, this is my first time aligning a dish,
Basicaly i have a freesat box and a portable dish that im using inside (through open window)
I only seem to be able to get a signal from hotbird, (have a sattelite compass) and when pointed at either astra it gets no signal attall,
i live in south east england and my dish elevation is set to 25 degrees
Any help would be appreciated :D

mdt

VIP
Hi, this is my first time aligning a dish,
Basicaly i have a freesat box and a portable dish that im using inside (through open window)
I only seem to be able to get a signal from hotbird, (have a sattelite compass) and when pointed at either astra it gets no signal attall,
i live in south east england and my dish elevation is set to 25 degrees
Any help would be appreciated :D

what you are trying to do isnt ideal but if you have line of sight then you should be ok. loosen the elevation bracket and make very small ajustments up/down as you move the dish left/right while on a freesat channel untill you find [email protected]/5 east and fine tune for the best quality reading. zone1(or zone2 for that matter) mini-dishes are cheap and not that difficult to install if you have access to a south facing wall and would be the best option in the long run for your freesat box. regards mdt

aaa801

Registered
Hi, the problem being is that i by license cant install anything onto the walls of the house etc, the dish im using is 54cm, il give that a go, also my skystar just arrived :D