PC Sat Card for Sharing

Maryq

Registered
Help I wish to setup a PC for CS in my own home, I have a suitable PC but require guidance on the best internal Sat Card. I intend sharing this with 2 DM500S which i already have, advice on the most suitable software\images and best CCams. :confused:

Maryq

Registered
Brummie thanks for the reply, truth be told I tried. Everything I tried using them as a server failed, I have installed about 10 different images, currently using Pli image which works fine as client but cant get them to share. :eek:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
depends on your card and what emu to use, but should be fine with most cards.

Maryq

Registered
When I use external CLines on either Dm500 they work fine, I have used Boxkey to sort card out which also works fine on either box. But when I attempt to share it fails.:mad:

cycloxit

Registered
Hi,

If your having trouble sharing with your dreambox you will still have the same problem with a pc.

You need to read some more and get it working with your dm's before thinking about a pc.

It also depends which emu your using CCcam works with most stuff.

Regards :thum:

Maryq

Registered
Server Problem

I have read and reread, the procedure appears to be so straight forward but when it comes sharing between boxes it ain't happening. I have used various Cams and multiple images all to no avail.:confused:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
if you card is opening with CCcam just edit the CCcam,cfg files in both boxes.

first in the network setup untick the DHCP box and give that box an ip ie 192.168.0.5 and save.

the second box the CCcam.cfg needs editing ie example

C: 192.168.0.5 12000 DM500 password

the ip address is the unit with the card in it 12000 is default port any username any password

now the unit with the card in it needs its CCcam.config editing exmaple

F: DM500 password

the username and password must be the same as whats in the C: line in the other unit or it will not connect.

Maryq

Registered
Server problem

Brummie as I said in my previous it should be very straight forward as your respective Cline show.
I had put in virtually verbatim what you sent but to no avail, clients work fine individually but server to client operation doesn't function. I also used Dreamedit to generate lines automatically. I really appreciate your help :eek:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i would use a stabil image like a nabilo maxvar or the edgnemisis and CCcam 2.1.3

Maryq

Registered
Server Headache

I am using CCaminfo to check the functionality of server on the client it shows Server online but no client, when I Telnet the Server with the Red Line inserted it sees itself.
Client IP 192.168.0.51 Server 192.168.0.50
I am using nabilosat_v08_dm500s_maxvar_blue image on both DM500s.
Client Setting.
C: 192.168.0.50 12000 gold silver
Server Setting
F: gold silver 12000
C: 192.168.0.50 12000 gold silver
:eek:

magictails

Registered
hi

for dream > pc sat card dream use F line
share card in dreambox to pc sat card dvb s

c line it's for pc > dream

what emu you use for server in your pc card

if you use acamd for share card in your pc
add a N line and not the c line in dream . cfg

@ +

.cfg dreambox 1
F: sat card

server port 12000
F: sat card

.ini on your pc for acamd 0620
c: ip dreambox1 12000 sat card

with this config the sat card recept the key by dreambox

after for dreambox receive to pc you make a valid cccam or newcamd server on your pc

with camd or oscam cccam gbox
and paste a C or N line or g line in .cfg of dreambox 1

: ip pc sat card 12000 dream pass

Last edited:

Maryq

Registered
Server Headache

I am using 2 Dm500s one as server one as client, I am using cccam 2.13. I was advised earlier in this thread to sort the 2 DM taking first.:confused:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
check the the server unit like this h**p://192.168.0.?.:16001 then click on clients and you should see if the other box is conecting.

just change the ip to your ip address of the server.

Maryq

Registered
Server Headache

Brummie thanks again for your patience, please excuse my ignorance but are you saying H**p from an external PC or on the dm500. "sorry":eek:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
put the ip of the server unit like in the last post into your url and you should see your CCcam 2.1.3 server and just click on clients

Maryq

Registered
Welcome to CCcam 2.1.3 server

Connected clients: 1
+---------+---------------+------------+------------+-----+-----+--------+----------------------+
| Username| Host | Connected | Idle time | ECM | EMM | Version| Last used share |
+---------+---------------+------------+------------+-----+-----+--------+----------------------+
|gold |192.168.1.50 |00d 00:11:48|00d 00:11:48|0 (0)|0 (0)|2.1.3 | |

+---------+---------------------------------------+
| Username| Shareinfo |
| gold| |

When I click on clients it freezes

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i have never had any problems between 2 receivers freezing in the same house using CCcam 2.1.3

I would check the 2 ip addresses and perhaps move the server unit ip away from the other one, so no conflict and also on the server unit go into communications or expert setup and untick the DHCP box and save, by doing this it will stop the ip from changing everytime you reboot the unit.

Maryq

Registered
Sorry I may have mislead you the dm's wernt freezing program was when selected clients. I was using fixed Ip's Brummie, moved the Server Ip to 125 and left the client to 51 no change unfortunatly. :mad: