How to change DM IPTV Engine to OE 16

SONY007

Registered
Hi all,

IPTV has been working fine on a dreambox until a few days ago. The provider said that they’re now using a new method of streaming which will make some apps no longer functional on particular devices. It was mentioned that if I wanted to install XstreamTV on the dreambox, which I have done it will work for IPTV.

Now how IPTV was previously seemed to be more user friendly, with the ability to record, timeshift and a proper clear EPG. What the provider said was if I could change the IPTV player engine to OE16 then it would continue to work as it did previously.

Is this something that can be done fairly easy on a Dreambox running Enigma ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Most images on the 800 are oe2.0 you need to find an older image for the image to run oe1.6 details of what oe your images uses are normally included in the thread their posted on.

XstreamTv however in fact most modern IPTV programs wont run on oe1.6 so i think your supplier is talking rubbish.

SONY007

Registered
Thanks for you quick response Blade. The possibility of my supplier talking rubbish unfortunately is quite high I have to agree, especially in the last few days when the service no longer works on my Samsung TV running Smart IPTV but works using the same app on the firestick connected to the same IP. I Initially thought it had something to do with Samsung why it just kept saying 'connection failed', but when I spoke to my supplier I was told they have now changed the way they stream to prevent certain events at the weekend being blocked, which is why some apps and devices will no longer work using their service. To me that seemed fairly reasonable as I have no idea.

So with the DM800se, I am no longer able to use IPTV unless I use XstreamTV, which in my opinion isn't has good but I know it's better than nothing. So when I asked is there a way to get my normal IPTV working, the above is what was suggested.

I