Viark Sat - PowerVu

Mikelsat

Registered
Loaded the latest firmware "PT Viark SAT 2.03", everything works fine but still no PowerVu, so I've gone back to the 1.97 firmware, PowerVu works - APPS don't, everything else is the same, that's now 4 firmware updates without PowerVu, maybe it's gone for good.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Viark SAT 4K IS Exactly The same but Still no Software updates ??
all other Viark boxes got an update today ...EPG Needs fixed and PowerVU needs fixed etc.. i would have thought those two fixes might have been straight forward and already fixed but without support and updates Viark SAT 4K becomes quite a bit less appealing for most people :mecry:

butchyboy

Registered
Viark SAT 4K IS Exactly The same but Still no Software updates ??
all other Viark boxes got an update today ...EPG Needs fixed and PowerVU needs fixed etc.. i would have thought those two fixes might have been straight forward and already fixed but without support and updates Viark SAT 4K becomes quite a bit less appealing for most people :mecry:

oh no barney :(

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Exactly the point i was trying to make ,
Thanks @ manic01 : )

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
From experience, if one Viark receiver gets an update, then the others will follow.
I am surprised that they seem to have done the older receivers first.
Doesn't the basic Viark Sat clear powervu anymore?
Mine has not been used for a long time. I use my Droi and Sat 4K.
The Droi still clears powervu.

jenseneverest

Registered
powerVU works okay on viark DRS2 as well. It took about 3 minutes to update the key on 4.8 east.

It would appear all these boxes have there own issues.... and with them being so closed down we have to wait for fixes from whoever makes the firmware.... the issues we see on these boxes have been fixed years ago on E2 STB's.....
All we need is a cam for an e2 box, base code and encrypt it if needs be, that would be a easy solution to all these problems.