Argentina still ko: World at risk

AleMick

Registered
Argentina still ko: World at risk

Maradona's team lost 1-0 in Asuncion (goal of Valdez, expelled Veron) and exceeded Ecuador (3-1 in Bolivia). But the coach still believes: "I'm not broken." Unstoppable, however, Brazil: Chile 4-2 with hat-trick and goals from Julio Baptista Nilmar. Vince also Venezuela (3-1 to Peru)

ASUNCION (PARAGUAY), 10 September - celebrates the Paraguay, Argentina is almost in mourning. Diego Armando Maradona's men are defeated even in Asuncion and now seriously in danger of losing the train for South Africa 2010. With the ko of the night, in fact, the Albiceleste drops to fifth place in South American qualifying group for the simultaneous victory of Ecuador on the field of Bolivia (3-1). Nothing is yet lost for Messi and company, as they lack two matches, but the situation becomes increasingly complicated and dangerous, because behind the team Pibe de Oro is done under the same Uruguay (3-1 in Montevideo on Colombia ) and Venezuela (3-1 to Peru), which are one length under the Albiceleste (with the same Colombians still in progress). In the last two days the team of former champions of Naples are at home to Peru and away to Uruguay.

"I DO NOT BREAK" - "Do not destroy me - said after the match Maradona with his usual bravado -. I never imagined to find myself in this position, I'd be higher, but this is reality and we must address. We still have a chance. We still have to solve a puzzle, but Argentina has the players to get out of this situation. We have a lot of injured, but expected to recover. " But surely, October 10 against Peru ct argentinoa not have available to Juan Sebastian Veron, who has done against Paraguay expel.

NATIONAL HOLIDAY - Across celebrates Paraguay. In all senses. With victory on Argentina, in fact, Gerardo Martino's men ripped out the ticket to South Africa and President Fernando Lugo has decreed a national day to celebrate the event. The national hero is Nelson Valdez, who at 28 'scored the goal that gave his team a success. "It was so much that Paraguay was not playing so well as in the early 45 '- said Martin eventually -. We had great motivation because before we had a big rival such as Argentina. It's something special. "

BRAZIL UNSTOPPABLE - While Argentina has lost to Paraguay, Brazil has not stopped her irresistible ride. The verdict, already mathematically qualified thanks to the victory last Saturday against the Albiceleste have paved this night also signed by Chile with a 4-2 Nilmar (triplet) from Romania and Julio Baptista. "When the Chileans have a tie (2-2, ed) - said the Brazilian coach Dunga - our audience began to roar, but the guys were great at reacting." The result of the match in Salvador de Bahia embarrasses Chile, which has once again put off the celebrations for the qualification, but to men of Marcelo Bielsa will be enough to make 3 points from their next two games to go the World Cup.

SOUTH AMERICA QUALIFYING ROUND, CLASSIFICATION
1. Brazil 33, 2. Paraguay 30 3. Chile 27, 4. Ecuador 23 5. Argentina 22, 6. Uruguay 21 7. Venezuela 21, 8. 20 Colombia 9. Bolivia 12, 10. Peru 10

NEXT MATCH

October 10
Argentina-Peru
Bolivia-Brazil
Colombia-Chile
Ecuador-Uruguay
Venezuela-Paraguay

October 13
Paraguay-Colombia
Peru-Bolivia
Uruguay-Argentina
Brazil-Venezuela