No more incubus releases!

astons2

Registered
Incubus developers stopped support from 1.1.2010. It looks like that we will have no new releases in the future.
This emu was good project its shame that he will end like this, unfinished, with just few bugs.

link removed

djheaven

Registered
Well. Came not as a bomb. They have not even been able to deliver an emu that really works. So I'm glad that they own to a halt.
And hope also that there is someone else who will take over the emu but with a new name. And more stability

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Link removed as landing pages seems to advertise couple of other boards.
And I am not sure that site has authority to say there is no more incubuscamd releases.
And the text from what I could figure out of machine translate just mentions closing of that board and no images released anymore by them.

astons2

Registered
Well. Came not as a bomb. They have not even been able to deliver an emu that really works. So I'm glad that they own to a halt.
And hope also that there is someone else who will take over the emu but with a new name. And more stability
Come on, don't be like that!

It looks to me that you do not realize how difficult is to make emu like that. You are totally right, emu is not working very well, but those problems can be fixed. Its much faster and easier to fix that emu then to make new one from beginning. At this moment incubus is the only emu which can connect with CCcam and like how can see incubus can connect on all most anything! Incubus needs just a small effort and it could become very good emu.

In order to make something like incubus you will need the following:
1. knowledge of C/C++ language
2. linux
3. resources like: boxes, smart cards, algo's (all that for emu testing)
4. friends which will share cards with you (not easy to find)
5. allot free time
6. to do all that free of charge as none will pay you!

If I am at your place I would respect incubus a bit more even if its not a perfect emu!
I told you all above like ex. emu developer. All what I said is my point of view based of my 15 years on sat scene!
And on the end I have nothing to do with incubus and I recently bought my first linux based box!

I hope that developers of incubus will release new improved version, they are very close to make emu perfect.

All the best!
Aston

djheaven

Registered
I agree with much of what you write. But what makes me not care so much about incubus is that they have from day 1, shut out people who wanted to help. I have personally been in contact with 3 st, who sits on the experience from Cccamd. And because they had been in contact with CcamTeam, they would not have anything to do with the ...

Another thing, is how long Incubus has now been available?
From the released their first public version, has the day's date not been an issue that is stable against Cccamd server once ..
But, as I wrote in my first post. It will certainly be new emu for sh4. Just hope they will succeed more than what Incubus team has managed for so long.

But, one thing I would also add, that one must have time to develop the emu. Yes I am very agree with it. But once you have started on such a large project, so after a while, just stops (shown it's true) and does not have an alpha release that is stable. It actually says very much, for my part ..

And the last thing .. You can actually set up the newcs. Or another emu to read the older edition of Cccamd. Viewed one must have a Cccamd server. Or so one has got a good Mgcamd / newcs which is very stable then.

astons2

Registered
In general everyone's free work must be respected, it does not meter how good is it. We ALL must be respectful as none is obligated to do anything for as for free. I dont know much about incubus team so I can not comment that. I just hope that you are right that some one will come up with new emu. But to start all from begging new team will need allot time to come up with something useful at the first place. Also information's which are needed for emu making is not easy to get. (for a 2 mounts I am trying to learn all about linux boxes, its going slow as none shares anything). As at this moment we have Incubus and Mgcam everything else are card servers. Card servers with out emu can not decrypt anything so we need emu's and ipbox have just those 2.

Did I miss something?

I agree with you Mgcamd + newcs are stable its only thing which works, but that combination can not connect on CCcam ....
Which emu can connect on older CCcam version?

DKaftermath

Registered
or better still is for someone to pay for the source code of cccam, then the programmers can have a great box in the IPboxes.
One that will challenge Dream multimedia, but at the moment we are being let down bt DGS.

I feel very sorry for the Image teams, Tideglo, Lareq e.t.c.

they are the ones who would also liketo see this because at the moment people who dont know, seem to blame them, but they can only work on the basics of what they have access to.

I just wish as an IPbox community we could all pull together and make funds to buy the cccam source code and keep our box alive, as it has the potential to be the best , but some things hold it back.

trajceski

Registered
what could be the next step

Thanks for your very informative discussion, but what could be the solution of this problem. Is mgcamd or somethink else.
I have ipbox which I consider as very good hardware but the incubus problems were a constant reason for buying DM. Now if there is no sollution for the emu improvement the reason for receiver swiching would be even greater.

Thanks

astons2

Registered
Yep, its good to have Incubuscamd still around!
But that brings up the question, who are the guys from link which mod removed?!?
And where we can find Incubuscamd real home page?!?

api

Registered
Incubus as in image for older Linux-DGS-SD box, not IncubusCamd, as cam-emu- sh4!

kumdhar

Registered
Incubus as in image for older Linux-DGS-SD box, not IncubusCamd, as cam-emu- sh4!

Hi All, I also planning to buy CubeRevo Mini HD. But, looks like support & software will not be available :-(
I really appreciate the time spent by the developers to make this better & better.