Loading Image on SF8008 UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

star777

Registered
hi there i am a newbie on this section. would really appreciate if anyone can put me through a step by step process of loading a better image like Pure 2. i just bought this box and it came with openatv 6.3. i couldn't find find any emu to load cline details. please help thanks

star777

Registered
thanks appreciated i will try it regards

once again i noticed some extracted image file have 3 files, one kernel bin one imageversion and one zip tar i inserted the usb but the receiver could not find and update bin, hence did not execute

i tried different images but receiver cannot find and update bin how to proceed

georgeflu

Registered
once again i noticed some extracted image file have 3 files, one kernel bin one imageversion and one zip tar i inserted the usb but the receiver could not find and update bin, hence did not execute

looks that you are downloading wrong file.
you need the recovery file, and inside it you should find

apploader.bin
bootargs.bin
fastboot.bin
imageversion
usb_update.bin

all the above, in a fat32 formated usb flash disk

star777

Registered
looks as i have done some damage the receiver now displays figures 1 to 100 and then restarts the same process. it not l loading the original image

star777

Registered
could you kindly guide me because which ever image i put in usb the box will not be able too see it. keep saying no image found in usb storage.

georgeflu

Registered
i think that i asked which image (exactly) you tried to install, and also i asked how? you never answer...

you need a full or recovery image, and the installation how to is in the link i gave above...

star777

Registered
i tried sf8008 PurE2 6.5 and satdreemgr-8-sf8008 multiboot zip and openpli-7.e and openvision-enigma29.3 r145 recovery image not is seen by the receiver

georgeflu

Registered
which one pure2 you tried? (i suspect, not the recovery)
and why you tried satdreamgr multiboot, when i am always saying that you need a full image?

star777

Registered
i downloaded the file, extracts it then put it into the root of a formatted usb plugged the usb at the back of the box while it is off. then press the front button and switched the box from the back hold until the menu appears and the choose flash recovery image did not work usb multiboot image did not work either

sorry but i was not able to differentiate between a full image and the others

none of the PurE2 images were recovery i did not see any recovery image

now the box is not working and i got this today as new online need help to make it work again.

georgeflu

Registered
the multiboot image will not work in that situation...

you need a full image

download from here not the multiboot file...
unzip it an place the files in a fat32 formatted usb stick

switch off your receiver, plug the usb stick, and that power on it while pressing the standby button...

Last edited:

star777

Registered
thanks this link took me to satdreamgr images and i downloaded the latest 20200501 zip image should i use this one

star777

Registered
i will update you soon but i notice that the image does not have the imageversion file included

thanks it is now loading i think i was putting the folder instead of the individual files in the usb

georgeflu

Registered
nevermind, it isn't an important file, it has the "usb_update"

and if this file is missing, than it can't load from usb

star777

Registered
thanks its working can you advise i want to have the most suitable image to put into this receiver can you advice. i will definitely donate something to the forum today regards

Status
Not open for further replies.