Rai 1,2 & 3 FTA Satellite Channels

Bantam Pete

Registered
Hi Guys, Hopefully somebody can assist me by supplying me with a solution to a problem I have after having to retune for Rai channels 1, 2 & 3 on a Manhattan Plaza 1100 satellite receiver
I have retuned a couple of other makes satellite receivers for friends and encountered no difficulties, but the Manhattan has a problem with just these 3 channels as all other Italian FTA channels are fine, including Rai News, Rai Storia, etc.
The frequency is 10992 and 27500. Whilst the picture is perfect on each of the 3 channels the programme sound is not audible. What can be heard simultaneously on all 3 channels is what sounds like some official announcement in Italian, which appears to come from Rai and is continually repeated. Even the Italian person who I am helping does not understand what is being said!
I am at a loss as to what to do and would be grateful if anyone could please assist in any way.
Many thanks
Pete

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
You tried fully deleting Transponder and re-inputting Transponder as new freq?

Fine here: Manhattan DSR 5500 APCI and Topfield TF4000 PVR

Hugh Mungas

Registered
Rai 1,2 & 3

Hi

Not regularly keeping myself up to date with whats happening in satellite these days so much .

My wifes family live in the uk and have watched Rai 1,2,&3 as FTA channels for as long as i can remember but since the end of May this year there channels have been scrambled and un obtainable.

To view these channels now apparently you need to have a valid address in Italy and also , something that i can only describe as there equivilant to a national insurance number . And with this you get a receiver / decoder box and a card or i think there is a cam & card option.

I also think that this is the only way that these channels can be viewed now so perhaps the "official announcement" is telling you.

I may be wrong and would welcome someone telling i am and how my outlaws can now receive there beloved channels

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
RAI1-3 FTA except for certain copyrighted events (was prev on two freq's @ 13°E 10992V & 11766V one of which was always encrypted all the time and the other only encrypted the channels for certain copyrighted events).

When encrypted uses Mediaguard (RAI) and Nagravision3 (TivùSat). But yes Mediaguard encryption may end.

RAI Mediaguard encryption is open via EMU (on Gold Cards, Fun Cards, Fausto EMU, Dragon/T-Rex EMU....etc etc etc).

Just checked now @ 13°E 10992V S/R 27500 FEC 2/3 RAI3 FTA and RAI1-2 (F1 - race commentry no announcement & Numbers - again correct episode audio - not sure why Numbers is encrypted) & 4 (Wake of Death - correct episode audio) opening fine with known keys and EMU.

edit: If you have HD and can receive the German Footprint of Astra 3A @ 23.5°E, then I believe RAI1-3 are in the Nagravision2 Kabel Deutschland "Digital Free" Package on 23.5°E 12605H (DVB-S2 QPSK) S/R 28500 FEC 9/10 (RAI1) & 12605V (DVB-S2 QPSK) S/R 28500 FEC 9/10 (RAI2 & 3), again open via EMU (assuming King of Sat are correct and they are still in Nagravsion2 & The Free Package, not Nagravision3, I can't receive this beam to test).